person disappears?

Haven't had this happen before, but was wondering what it means? 
Was talking to someone new and we had exchanged a few messages....then this morning I realized she was gone? 
Like her profile is gone, and so are all the messages we sent back and forth...its like she never existed.
Even on FB if someone blocks you or is deactivated, you still see the old messages it just shows "unknown" user or something...

Comments

• They probably deleted their account, I experienced something similar several weeks ago and I can't think of any other explanation.
  • Welcome to the internet. It happens on dating websites too. I don't think it happens as much on dating websites that charge everyone, even the women. The professionals members don't disappear. But this site is free and I love it!
  • On OkC, you'll see your message history even if the user deleted their account. Here, your old messages get deleted after a certain number of them. I believe it's because this project is supported out of pocket by a single enthusiast (I don't even see ads), and so the storage space is limited. That makes me both thankful and scared; I think I would love an opportunity to support the site, hopefully giving the owner less reason to one day change his mind :) @Mark, have you ever thought of installing a contribution program, like I've seen on some other sites?
  • She deleted her account.
  • She probably deleted her account, unless she did something that required her account to be removed.
  • She's gone.
  • What is even creepier is the ability of people who have an inactive account to continue to post on the forum. It's like we have CCtown and parallel CCtown where the ghosts live.
  • [Deleted User]redrue (deleted user)
    There is no button to delete account.Other explanation she was blocked
  • You can to the settings, pick account and you get an option to delete your account.