Comments

• edited August 2020

Bullitt

• edited August 2020

Midnight Cowboy - original version

• City of Industry

• "Gumnaam" and "Ghost World"

• edited August 2020

One of my favorite contemporary musicals is "Absolute Beginners" (1986). It's a British film directed by Julien Temple, and it's set in London in 1958. It includes performances by David Bowie, Sade, Ray Davies, and Patsy Kensit. I really dig the soundtrack and recommend it to anyone who has a genuine love for music.

• @Waynecha4 have it. I ran and got it as soon as it came out because I love me some Ray Davies. It was different seeing him as a dad in that movie. But the song “Quiet Life” is typical Davies—reserved, wry, observational and layered.

• Really, any from this movie...

• The dog that played Toto in the Wizard of Oz was paid more than Judy Garland(who played Dorothy).

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

The soundtrack from "Into The Wild" is my favorite. Eddie Vedder killed it.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

I just love the soundtrack of "But I'm a Cheerleader". I don't think I'll ever get sick of it :smile: I can't find a whole playlist but this is the opening credits song:

• edited February 2021

Interesting fact: Margaret Hamilton who played the Wicked Witch of the West received 2nd and 3rd degree burns during her disappearing act. After she recovered and return to the set, she refused to do any more scenes involving fire.

• Gladiator and The last of the Mohicans
    Both such Masterpiece

• I just rewatched Dreamgirls from 2006. Forgot how many interesting songs and stars were in that movie.

• [Deleted User]percilla_law (deleted user)

Suicide squad soundtrack. Unpopular opinion, but I know most of us can agree that it's better than the movie.