Fall~

What do you change for the fall, Candles, Fireplace, Blankets, etc.....
Bake a pie, How do you make your cuddle area inviting,,,

Β«1

Comments

• Hoodies and more beard

• That's the dearest pic @pmvines. You look like a cuddly Druid bear.

• I'm pulling down my fall/harvest decorations today

• There there @cuddlybear998 i will save you from joe pesci and his evil sidekick

• edited September 2020

@pmvines
    I may actually want Joe Pesci instead.
    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• [Deleted User]Mennahugs (deleted user)

Fall color nails, Pumpkin spices lattes and pumpkin scented candles 😍.

• I don't blame you @cuddlybear998 hes amazing

• [Deleted User]AshleysEmbrace (deleted user)
    edited September 2020

I miss out on really feeling a season change here in Phoenix. I love putting out fall colored synthetic flowers and leaves. And have probably way too many pumpkin decorations lol

@MissAdventurous good idea! Why on earth have I always thought I need to wait for October to pull out my fall decor? lol

@Mennahugs Girl, Yas!! idk if you have a Dutch Bros by you, but their Pumpkin freezes are amazballs!!

• edited September 2020

@pmvines
    I don't know if you ever seen this before. It's pretty hilarious!!

• Was there a summer this year?

• @AshleysEmbrace girl yes!

I like to travel in October and I'm getting to the San Juan islands for a couple days so I wanted to get a jump start on things so I can just enjoy!!

I may have gotten a couple things from the dollar store yesterday πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ im proud I only have two bins for this holiday, but I may need a third one this year. Christmas is double that at least lol.

• It's still over a hundred degrees every day here, so I haven't changed anything. When it gets a bit cooler (around 90 or so), I'll put on a short-sleeved shirt instead of a sleeveles shirt. And when it gets around 80, I might put on a long-sleeved shirt. I don't understand people who feel they have to wear orange around this time of year or red and green around Christmas. I rarely wear any of those colours.

• [Deleted User]kindnessfirst (deleted user)

Pulling out my fall blankets, delicious smelling candles and warm cozy socks!!

• I dont get cold at all inside the house so dont have cold weather blankets
    but I do have an electric blanket for when I go outside to the balcony off my upstairs bedroom

• Fall means fresh baked bread. Snickerdoodle cookies. Dutch oven roasts and soups, like broccoli cheese and chowders. Mac and white cheddar cheese made from a base bechamel sauce and freshly ground pepper.

Fall means harvest, bounty, and giving thanks with friends and fam - just dreaming of a Covid-less reality. Fall means long walks and kicking leaves. The hint of frost in the grass and garden. Applying mulch. Planting bulbs for spring. Hot tea and hot toddies. Soaking in the hot tub and waiting for Orion in the southwestern skies starting in November.

And from one of my favorite visuals:

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)

I dramatically increase the amount of soup I buy, and begin growing out my winter coat

• I regret all the things I should have done in the Summer, when the weather was warmer. In Spring, I regret all the things I should have done in the Winter, when the weather was cooler.

Spring and Fall are the seasons which really need accurate weather forecasts, so we can plan to make best use of seasonally-atypical days ; but they are usually the least accurate, they even get yesterday's weather wrong.

• Autumn is my absolute favorite season! The crisp air, the colorful leaves, the autumn smells 😍😍

I change blankets, colors and clothes. Hoodies are life during this season!

• Yeah different clothes in the drawers, most shorts get put away, long stuff comes out, comforter on bed, and clean up/rearrange laundry room to make room for firewood.

• I get my warm clothes out of the basement, I put a down comforter on my bed instead of a thin quilt, I get out my basket of hats and gloves, I buy a pumpkin or 3 and some assorted squash and put them outside my front door, carve a pumpkin... I do a lot of harvesting - right now I'm staring down the first frost while I hope more cherry tomatoes ripen before it's too late for that yummiest of tastes.

Fall's my favorite.

• The temperature control of my shower has 2 settings :
    A High / Low power switch
    A variable control

The variable control actually adjusts the flow, and by the physics, more flow is heated less ( and less flow is heated more ). As the summer has been cooling, so the groundwater is getting colder, I've had to keep turning up the variable control, to get comfortably-warm water, but progressively less of it.

This morning, for the first time in months, the wamed water flow on Low power was too slow for a decent shower ; so I had to switch up to High power, probably until about April.

I'm also now wearing a sweatshirt under my jacket.

• [Deleted User]verona (deleted user)

I wanna like people’s post!!! Fall is the greatest!!!

• I think the only worry about Fall this year, is that it will increase the Northern Hemisphere Covid-19 second spike. Queuing outside hasn't been too unpleasant up to now.

• Not looking forward to outdoor lines at Trader Joe's in December.

• Thank you so much for this fabulous post @timestamps!!! Fall is such a fun time of year no MATTER how cool it is or isn't. :)

@pmvines thank you for the SNL silliness.... who doesn't need a little more of THAT in their day???
    @Sideon I love the art!!! What a beautiful sentiment. It certainly is perfect when thinking about the renewal of all the stuff in our lives and the "getting ready" for what is coming in the next season of our lives.
    @kindnessfirst LOVE YOUR NAME!!! What a fabulous profile. Thank you for YOU!!!

• @quixotic_life
    Where DO you get those images ? They are so good. πŸ˜€

I once complained to a girlfriend that there wasn't enough skin-skin contact in our relationship, so she asked me to step closer, and close my eyes ; then she slapped me hard across the face. I was so lucky to have such a kind person in my life, though I've since leaned to be a bit more specific when I ask for things.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

When autumn hits, I pull out the knee-length hoodies and slipper socks. This year I've finally got a bed I can turn into a proper cave (hooray for four-posters)!

I also start drinking more hot tea, and I pretty much always reread Spellfall, which is a kids' book I ran across for the first time when I was in my late teens and was just as delighted by as I was by the bright green teddy bear I got for my birthday around the same time. Hey, I'm an adult now. I've got adult responsibilities. I can curl up with a stuffed bear and read children's books all weekend if I want to.

But I don't buy candy. Halloween birthdays are well and good when you're a kid, but what law says you have to spend your hard-earned cash to feed total strangers candy on your own birthday, for crying out loud? When the 31st rolls around, my lights are off and my front door's locked.

I like sushi better than Twix anyway.