Helen Reddy passed yesterday.

How many of you were impacted by her? Boy, at 10, "I Am Woman" was huge for my little tomboy self. Haven't been this touched by a death since Robin Williams.

Would love to hear from any others who were impacted by her. Please no shade. I don't think I could take it.

Comments

• I remember wishing I was the boy taken prisoner by Angie Baby. I was 12 : )

• That's pretty sweet.

• For the single mothers

• @AceCuddlerMike sweet in a teenage lusty boy kind of way. <3

• I had this album and I had the biggest crush on her just from that pic. Loved the short hair, the way it was a little mussed on the side....sigh

• 🥺
    She's only artist my mom and I could agree on. We wore out the 8-track and the cassette! Angie Baby was my jam & hers was I Am Woman ~ Such good memories!

Plus there's Pete's Dragon with Candle on the Water ~ I loved it so much I learned it for keyboarding in 7th grade (the only song I ever learned and it was by ear ~ I just couldn't figure out how to read music).

But for as long as I can remember, every time I hear You and Me Against the World, I'm in tears by the end.
    💓

• I’ll admit it never heard of her had no clue who it was before today 🤷🏾‍♂️

• @AceCuddlerMike I'm just loving that! Here I am glorifying her as a feminist icon (as my 10 year old self) and you're lusting after her beauty... so great to add your perspective. I just watched her sing "I Don't Know How to Love Him" and she's as soft and lovely as a feather, and yet she had a fiery streak that introduced a whole generation to the feeling of what it's like to celebrate womenness. I highly recommend visiting Youtube in her honor and getting your fill of her - I mean, what a face - her expressions and what she does with her face when she sings is just so dang lovely.

@quixotic_life I'm gonna have to check out this Pete's Dragon thing - didn't know about it. Thanks.

@hugonehugall You too can join the Youtube party and make up for lost time.

• @littermate I’m good doesn’t seem like my taste or speed