Halloween Movies - Thriller, suspense, scariest & favorites, what are yours?

edited October 2020 in General

Just started my yearly Halloween Movie Madness Marathon. I have a list of favorite must watch, including Silence of the Lambs, Saw, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street series (not all of them), & Bird Box but I’m open to recommendations and also want to know what are your favorites and why...🎃

Comments

• Hocus pocus for sure, been a favorite since I was small.

• Love Hocus Pocus, which witch are you? (Couldn’t help it lol)

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited October 2020

Also hocus pocus (fun fact - it was originally released in July in the US despite obviously being a Halloween film, which impacted the box office a fair amount), Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline, Corpse Bride and of course Wallace and Grommit curse of the were-rabbit.

Proper horror films don't really do much for me, so most of my halloween films are just spooky/halloween themed ones.

• Had no idea, wonder why that release date, doesn’t make sense. Nightmare Before Christmas is classic, Beetle Juice is up there for me, also a Tim Burton film.

Haven’t seen Wallace and Grommit curse of the were-rabbit so I’ll definitely check that one out.

• @Sunny_Ezri I’m told that if I don’t say it my face will. So I’m going to have to go with Winifred, plus my hair matches hers.

• For laughs , beetlejuice . For classic sleepaway camp and pumpkin head. For thriller ,high tension. For campy def killer clowns from outer space and rawhead rex. For gore saw, hostel , housenof.1000 corpses . For new one I def say hereditary and I really liked sinister

• Addams Family
    Practical Magic
    The Shining
    followed by Hocus Pocus, because anything Bette Midler.

@pmvines - no can do the gore/horror shows. I'd have to be medicated and sleep with the lights on for weeks.

• I can't do the gore/horror but I sure love spooky/weird. Johnny Depp's my fav: Sweeney Todd, Sleepy Hollow, Corpse Bride, Dead Man.

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

I don't care much for Halloween, but, The Witch is an excellent film with tons of atmosphere. I recommend it to anyone with an interest in horror, history, or both.

• Our family was sitting round the TV watching "Pretty Woman".

When it came to the scene where they are in the expensive clothes store, and she is spending thousands of dollars of his money on a credit card, my dad complained, "You didn't warn me this was a horror film".

• [Deleted User]indiansfan4life (deleted user)

My favorite is Stay Alive. I started off October with Ghostbusters.

• Killer clown from Outer space is back on nextflix! Ghostbusters but the original with Akroyd and Murray, haven’t seen the new one.

• Killer Clowns From Outerspace is one of the best worst movies I've ever seen!!! So ridiculous it's hilarious!

The one that gave me shivers when I was younger, and still gets me even though I've seen it a mess of times, is Watcher in the Woods (1980). Free on YouTube:

If you're looking for nightmares though...
    Tourist Trap (1979) ~ is one of the creepiest movies ever! Granted, I saw it when I was 11 or so, but images from that movie haunt me still!
    This link says it's Free to stream ~ But I'm not checking! Nope! No thanks!!

• "The Wicker Man" and similar ; because they are not based on fictitious supernatural monsters or individual psychopaths, but a bunch of seemingly ordinary people becoming murderous.

• “Silence of the Lambs” because it is a composite of actual people. That which is true and terrifying is far more frightening than an imaginary concoction.

• @FunCartel
    So true. It's the girl in The Adams Family dressed as normal for Halloween, saying, "I'm a psychopath, they look like everybody else".

Just seen a news article about a nurse murdering patients in Germany. Still way short of our own Dr Harold Shipman.

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

How about "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". But if it's a good horror you're looking for, how about homemade family films from when you were young and 'camcorders' were in every house?? Just imagine.... strapped in a chair... Forced to watch hours and hours of home films with you crawling around with your baby bum hanging out... With stale plain popcorn, gallons of water, and no way to go to the bathroom. Yeah.. horror at it's worst...

• [Deleted User]RaeLew (deleted user)

Halloweentown ^_^

Edward Scissorhands

The Child's Play series, scary movie, thirteen ghosts, Harry Potter

• @RaeLew bride of chucky was so campy lol loved it !!

I used to have a chucky doll. But my mom threw it away lmao. I love chucky!

• Troll 2 for more horror camp!

• @RaeLew Become a fan of the Las Vegas Raiders. He's their head coach

• [Deleted User]lovelyhugs (deleted user)

I actually really want to see some of Xmas horror flicks, (Krampus). They are so wrong it’s great.

• @lovelyhugs a fun B horror one is Jack Frost

• Troll 2?
    Oh, My GOD!

The Hunger

• Hahaha it’s pretty bad isn’t it? Nilbog hahaha.

Ooo Rocky Horror Picture Show 🤡 also!!!

• Addams Family
    Addams Family Values
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    The Haunting (1963)
    Teen Wolf (1985, with Michael J. Fox)
    Evil Dead
    Evil Dead 2
    Army of Darkness
    Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters 2
    Beatlejuice
    Any of the classic monster movies (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, etc)
    Young Frankenstein
    Dracula: Dead and Loving It

• Classic 80’s Horror/thrillers

Fright Night
    Monster Squad
    The Thing
    An American Werewolf in London
    Lost Boys

Worst ones:

Halloween H20
    Leprechaun 4: In Space - so so bad it’ll never be good in any sort of way.
    The Village