Staying safe during Covid

[Deleted User]kittykataz (deleted user)
edited October 2020 in Professional Cuddling

Hi all. I was wondering what are some things that you guys are doing to stay safe while cuddling during Covid? I wanted to hear and learn some ideas of best practices of how you cuddle but still stay safe, i.e.wear masks during the session, etc🥰.

Comments

• In my area (Canberra) we haven't had any new cases for three months, so people are a bit more relaxed here than they are in other parts of Australia and overseas. However, I am still using a COVID declaration form as part of my screening process before sessions as this is pretty standard for massage therapists and other alternative health professionals. I don't require people to wear masks but I am not currently taking clients from other cities/interstate regions which are COVID hotspots.

• @kittykataz you are a pro cuddler with recent karma. What have you been doing to stay safe ?

• [Deleted User]kittykataz (deleted user)
    edited October 2020

Thank you everyone. @pmvines Before I did hand sanitizer and sanitizing sheets. I've also just done limited sessions and shower before. Back then I was mostly just seeing people that I've cuddled before.
    But then the last two weeks I got low grade fever and sick- I fully recovered on last Monday.I got tested twice and thank goodness not coronavirus but after that I've just been more nervous.
    So I started to think of the idea for requiring masks but some people were saying that it may be weird.😍

• @kittykataz I hear ya about the covid anxiety , I had a bad fever and symptoms back in late March when we were all learning about all this and have never been so relieved to have had just a plain old flu ! We are all kinda having to learn as we go along as folks are getting back into their routines . And some folks feel more guarded than others so I would imagine as a pro cuddler you have clients with different levels of what they feel is safe practice so it is important for you to find what is safe to you and have at least a baseline to go off of. Good luck and stay safe!

• I require masks inside, check their temperature with an infrared thermometer before going inside, and keep the air well circulated in the room. That's about it. I do have a sheet declaring exposure risk expectations and that scares off enough people, lol, and encourages honesty. I only see new clients I feel comfortable with in this regard, and all of my existing clients I trust to be honest.

Thank you everyone. Love your advice 😍😍

• You have several options:
    1.You can obviously require masks but be aware not all clients will want to wear a mask.
    2. Have a contactless thermometer and take temperatures
    3. If you really want to go all out you can get an oximeter and read blood oxygen levels
    4. I have seen some cuddlers eliminate all face-to-face positions. And stick to ones like spooning.
    5. You can also do a questionnaire for a risk assessment such as asking about their work and environment and if they’ve been to any kind of social gatherings recently, And if they have had any known Covid contacts or any symptoms.

I meant to post this about a week ago but then got distracted so I’m pretty sure many of these tips are redundant at this point

Thanks @xandriarain and @ubergigglefritz
    Great advice 🥰