Age Range and Mama/Papa

Hi Snugglers and Wannabe Snugglers -

Hey - I have a question related to the age range thing and perhaps I should revive that thread, but this is more specific and I'm curious about it. Some people seem to have an age range posted that reflects what ages they find attractive. Another reason occurred to me today. I've also heard women sometimes say "I don't want to cuddle with someone my DAD'S age," as though that's inherently creepy or something. So I started wondering if people cut off their age range for that reason - that for some people, cuddling with an older woman might be like cuddling with mom or cuddling with an older man might be like cuddling with dad and that feels weird.

So I'm curious about that! Curious also if there are people for whom that's a plus -- aww, it would be sweet to feel like a mom was cradling me or a dad was protecting me! Or if there's anyone out there that had a particular idea about it and then cuddled with someone older and found it really cool.

Also curious about any assumptions we make about age that make us feel like someone of a certain age is going to be a dud, or an old fart, or creepy, or a ball of flab and pains.

And for you yourself, do you feel like your experience being a mom or a dad or a parent of any sort adds something to your cuddling resume?

Personally I'm a rather youthful looking and definitely youthful acting 58 year old. When my daughter was born, I felt a dimension open in me that was almost like universal mama. Like, everyone started out like this tiny baby and therefore, I can feel the place in everyone that appreciates love and nurturing. I like to say I was more a wolf mama than a cow mama, but all flavors of mama seem to have something delicious to offer. I also have been sweeties with an older man and that father-y energy is just such a nourishing sweet energy.

Your experience in this department?

Comments

• [Deleted User]verona (deleted user)

I prefer older men to cuddle with but have cuddled with younger men who I kind took the lead with. I am not into mothering but I do have a caring nature where some times I just like to make my cuddle partner the center of the session. I think as long as you can cuddle age doesn’t matter.

• I have no age range. Well i mean no upper age limit.
    I have had a lovely cuddling expeience with 21 year olds and 65 year olds.

• I have no age range, although I find myself drawn to older people as we tend to have more in common and more life experiences to talk about.

• edited October 2020

@littermate I'm curious what you mean by older? I feel like I'm way up there for this site. But 40 could be older too.

• As a pro my main clientele were men with a minimum of a 13 year age gap but as high as 50 years. I'm glad to have had those experiences because while I'm not sure if I would have opted into the huge age gaps without the ministr monetary incentive, I can honestly say I would now. I found some of the most wonderful cuddlers and people through that. I've always had an "old soul" and really enjoyed time with people older than me.

• edited October 2020

Awwwww Littermate. Love you AND your threads on so many levels!!!! 💖

For me it has been a little bit of experience that led me to put a specific age on my profile although it has not been conclusive and I have changed it a few times. It seems like people a LOT younger than me aren't always sure about what they want and then wind up changing their minds (i.e. I WOULD like a traditional relationship instead of just cuddles) and that's not always easy to invest and then switch gears so quickly. People who are a little more seasoned have experienced a bit more in life and tend to have a pulse on their relationship desires.

All the different ages have something to offer, its not a singular thing that attracts me or dissuades me from the cuddle at any age except those who are self-serving or haven't done enough introspection to know what they want. THAT happens at ANY age!!!! hahahhaha

I also don't have a desire for the connection to be "one-sided" and that tends to happen when someone young is looking for the "nurturing older woman" thing. It doesn't ALWAYS happen with youngers but I am really looking for BALANCE. Give and take. I'll nurture you and you nurture me kind of thing. I don't have a NEED to take care of more people in my life. (Maybe that's because I still have an angsty teen at home!! 😂😊🥰)

Thanks for a fun and interesting, thought provoking thread. xoxoxox

• I've cuddled a wide range of ages, but most of the people who have shown interest in cuddling me so far have been within within ten years older or younger. I suspect part of the issue is that people who are significantly older might just not think to try out a website like this and may not be as comfortable with meeting new people through the internet.

• I dont have an age range i seek. I accept anyone who wants to cuddle regardless of age gender or anything else. Most who have pursued me are all within a 5-15 year difference. Some older. Some younger. I connect easily with ppl no matter what age. Idk if its my mother instinct but i enjoy cuddling others and make that persons need for human touch my priority💕✨

• Certain aspects of relationships don't necessarily get held in reserve for lovers by some people. Cuddling is a perfect example. People my age get set in their ways. It's cliche, right? I have noticed when I approach someone older than me (66+) they freeze. I think they come out here in desperation thinking they will fulfill a basic need and get confused as to what should happen. Cuddling traditionally happens down the line in relationship development. The funny part to me is how a lot of these older folks were sexual revolution, pre AIDS hippies. The sexual revolution (Fueled in part by feminism) laid the foundation for something like a cuddle site to even exist. Yet these same Boomers and especially Silent Gen folks cling to conservative relationship ideals. To them, cuddling is something used during the development of love relationships and is not a companion oriented endeavor. The idea of developing feelings for someone brings with it fear of being hurt. Others view emotion as clay from which you could craft any style relationship whether it be superficial, companion or friendship oriented. For some older folks, placing cuddling up front looks good on paper but causes them to short circuit and leave.

• 18 and older for me. To me everyone over 18 their age is only a number.

• My experience here has been that mostly very young men (under35) want to cuddle. I'm 58 and am only interested in cuddling with someone close to my age. More of a companion thing with similar interests and life experiences.

• I cuddle all ages 18 and older. I enjoy everyone's company ;)

• @littermate ~ What an interesting question to try and wrap my head around answering!

I no longer have an age range on my profile because I have no idea what ages I might appeal to as a cuddle partner and don't want anyone feeling like they shouldn't reach out because of that. Also, I don't know that I really care about ages anyway.

For me it's more about their maturity. Mine is all over the place, so I tend to gravitate towards those who I'd qualify as being at least a step closer to an "adult" than I consider myself to be at any given moment. But it's a moving target because I tend to fall into whatever mode is most prominently being presented by those I'm with. So a flexible range that remains above my own and doesn't dip below...?

Okay... maybe it's more of a personality thing...?

Hrm...?

I suppose what it comes down to is ~ At this moment in my life (where everything has recently turned chaotic and is in a state of flux), I wouldn't feel comfortable cuddling with someone if I felt like the only adult. We can either both be adult-like, both be childlike, or they can be the adult-like one and I the childlike one (but not the other way around). Perhaps once I've re-grounded and stabilized that may change ~ but for now that's the lean...

Does any of that even make sense? Lol! I have in my profile that, "My cuddle buddy type is an emotionally secure and stable individual." Which pretty much leaves the age range wide open! 🤷‍♀️💞

• I don’t really have a age preference, I get where some people can feel that way , but I look at it like every age has something different to offer , I notice in the way they like to be cuddled or the conversations we have , and I really enjoy all of them , I haven’t cuddled anybody over 60 , which is past my dads age , but I wouldn’t say no , I don’t mind I gusse because I’ve always been told I have a old soul , so sometimes I feel I connect more with people older then me .

• @PeopleLikeUs I think it's relative. For a 23 year old, 40 would be older. For me older is over 70. Interesting comments!

@Sashamcgee Yeah, that's what I suspect - if somehow we have the experience of cuddling people outside of our first-pick range, we discover something new. Thanks.

Thanks @sillysassy. I largely feel the same. <3

@quixotic_life Totally makes sense. I like maturity too. I suspect the more I cuddle, the more I'll refine exactly what I like. Some things are hard to put into words about it! There's just that, well, uh, feeling.

Thanks everyone! Didn't comment on everyone's but read them all and appreciate every share, thanks. I'm new at forming forum topics and I'm finding it to be fun and educational.

<3

• edited October 2020

@littermate I didn't really care what you meant by old. I just wanted this thread to not grow old and fall off the page. It is so well constructed and we should be talking about those of us that need cuddles the most which is hard to do on a youth driven site.

• Any age-related data available, oh statisticians?

• I've cuddled with several pros from this site. Age, size, etc. makes no difference to me. I schedule two hours each time and I often end up falling asleep.

• [Deleted User]CeciliaMarie5 (deleted user)

Age is just a number to me as long as you’re over 18

• @pmvines who is the fellow who has all the statistics about the site? can you tag him for me?

• Interesting question. Glad to see it being asked. I am just now exploring the possibilities of meeting cuddle buddies on a website, and gaining experience with search parameters and profile browsing. I find — as I always have done — that I tend to feel an affinity or lack thereof for a person instantly based on how they look. I’ve been asking myself if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Is it intuition or prejudice? I have seen a couple of 18-year-old cuddlers on this site who I instantly felt the impulse to cuddle with— one female and one male, so nothing to do with sex or gender. I didn’t feel a pa/maternal instinct, just an “aw, they look cuddly” impression. After noting my response, I wondered what their response would be to me, and if it would matter to them that I’m 35 years their senior. Would they not be interested due to my age, or would they be interested in me for reasons I could not reciprocate? I mean, I’m all for daddy-boy relationships and the sort if that’s what both partners want. (I was in a daddy-boy relationship with a 42-year-old man when I was 24.) I suppose I could go for a mentor-protégé relationship with a younger man or woman, though I hesitate about it being a daddy-boy or daddy-girl dynamic, because I don’t think that would jibe with my marriage, and I don’t want to be anyone’s father or daddy. I think that as long as a young person says they are open to cuddling with an age range that includes mine, they would have expectations that aligned with mine, and it would not be an issue. As with all relationships, communication at every stage is key.

• Thanks @pmvines. <3

@nurturingman Thank you. Interesting!

I'm aware that things can get subtle. We can move in and out of being the nurtured and the nurturer in a given cuddling relationship. We can feel small, we can feel large, we can feel strong, we can feel weak, and everything in between. I think the mind wants to get stuck sometimes in a certain setting because someone is older or younger or a certain gender. I love disrupting the mind's prejudices or rigid places by shaking it up some with direct experience. For example, my first cuddle partner was 16 years younger than me. I felt motherly, I felt sisterly, I felt crushedly, I felt universal. He was also a different race from me, so there was some really sweet healing going on, just in the place where I had never held someone of this race before nor been held by someone. So while it didn't matter, it was there in the space, in each of our history, etc. The personal IS universal in a way, and all of that seems to dance as we seek to do this human thing called cuddling. I fricking love it. I don't have much direct experience yet (only cuddled with 3 people and two were my age-ish), but I'm so fascinated by the breaking down of walls and distinctions and all the lovely mendings that can be done in the rifts and rigidities between us as we hang in all the generalities and particulars of each cuddle experience.

• I tend to cuddle women younger than me for a couple of reasons. One, most women on the site are much younger than I am. Two, most of the women in my age bracket seem to be interested in cuddling younger guys.

Most of the time, the age difference doesn’t seem to be an issue. But there have been a few cuddles where our differences in age really was uncomfortable for me. And probably for her as well. Anyway, I will continue to look for women closer to my age for cuddle partners. And I will continue to cuddle younger women as well!

• I have no problem cuddling women older than me. I'd go so far to say I'd prefer it actually! Older women can have this matronly air to them that is very nurturing and makes them pleasant to cuddle.

• edited October 2020

@littermate Were you wondering about age preference stats? There's an old thread here:

Stats for male and female age preferences

• Thanks @respectful! Awesome. I didn't see a place where it had the distribution of peeps in what age range - like what percentage of us are 18-25, 25-32 33-40 40-49 50-60 60-70 over 70? Sorry if I didn't see that there. The print is small and I am old. Hahaha. :)

• It appears also @respectful that the cuddler age tops at 50.... have statistics for us seniors? Heh heh.

• edited October 2020

@littermate

It appears also @respectful that the cuddler age tops at 50.... have statistics for us seniors?

There just wasn't enough data to go much beyond 50 at the time.

I didn't see a place where it had the distribution of peeps in what age range

There are some related graphs hidden away in other threads ... for about 4000 members in California in April 2018 (which is hopefully representative), here are the age distributions (from this thread):

And here is the distribution of female professsionals in February 2018 (from this thread):