250 an hour?!

Gulp. Cuddling in the Time of Covid sure has changed...

Comments

• But really? Another high price thread? Le sigh.

• edited October 2020

Sheesh, just making a silly comment. I see not everything has changed...I will stand back and make way for the "what clothes/music/scent do you like while cuddling" threads.

• its kind of like price gouging...since covid makes it harder to find people to cuddle with..some people see an opportunity to raise their rates. They say its fair cause they're taking a risk cuddling with you in a time of covid...but they aren't taking into account that clients are taking a risk too. A typical client might only cuddle with one or two pro cuddlers at all...but that cuddler is potentially exposing the client to dozens of other clients. Some pro cuddlers claim they only see a few clients but that is not possible to verify so as a client you have to trust the pro that she's not seeing dozens of clients.

• It also seems to me that there has been a threefold increase in Pro cuddle profiles since the start of Covid.

• Why do cars cost $100,000? You can buy a Honda Accord for $28,000! Car manufacturers selling cars for $100,000 should be banned! (sarcasm)

• [Deleted User]TheErlking (deleted user)

@Melancholy It doesn’t matter that the clients are taking a risk - they feel the need to book a service, and that is part of it. The person providing the service has every right to adjust their prices to account for the extra risk, possible expenses/losses if they find out they’ve been exposed and have to quarantine, etc. The argument that “their clients are taking a risk too” simply doesn’t hold water.

Also, I charge (starting at) $200/hr to play piano and sing for parties and events. People happily pay those rates because I provide an excellent service, which they realize justifies those rates. They almost always tip, sometimes hundreds of dollars, on top of that. The same would apply to a professional cuddlier - they set their rates, and if people are willing to pay them why would they lower them just because one potential client gets upset. That client can find someone cheaper, and the service provider can hold out for others who will pay their rates. It’s not like any of these pro cuddles have a monopoly on the market.

• There us a person in my search area with a $275/hr rate. Also offering phone/video chats, Snapchat access, personalized videos and photos, and texting. All out of my budget.

• @Myrddyn yeah I understand making a "silly" comment. Just saying ... this was literally just discussed in another thread a few days ago ... that's not even including the hundreds over the years. shrugs

• If their service is good! Maybe look at the karma and how long they’ve been doing cuddling

• @Sashamcgee every topic gets recycled here some how or another. There’s only so many things you can discuss without doing so

• @TheErlking I completely agree.

• @TheErlking Wow those are a different class of clients entirely. I don't personally know anyone who can afford to pay someone to play piano for them for $200 per hour and then tip them hundreds of dollars on top of that. That's amazing...but of course there is a subset of the population that is quite rich and can afford such extravagance.

• I’m a long time patron of pro cuddlers but I haven’t been nearly as active since the prices have gone up. I had a couple of sessions recently where I politely told the pros that their prices where higher than what in my opinion the correct market price is. They did not change their fee but they both did waive their travel fee which was substantial. They both said they were willing to make the exception based on my karma. My point being, you can negotiate and if a pro is willing, great, if they are not, oh well, move on.

• I would say $80-$120/ hour is around average, if a cuddler is charging double or more the average rate there is a chance they are actually a sex worker in hiding. As a pro who has been on here since before the pandemic started I have not changed my rates but I have started requiring two hours minimum since I am generally seeing less clients than before and do not feel like a one hour session is worth the risk or possibly having a schedule conflict with another client who wants to book a longer session. Most of my clients like longer sessions anyway so this hasn’t been too much of an issue.