The ACE experience

If the asexual members feel that this site is mature enough for this discussion, I would like to learn more about the asexual experience. It  appears to me that many asexual people have to resort to the internet to find other people with this orientation. This in itself seems like it would make finding asexual relationships difficult. How have you dealt with this? How accepting do you find people to your orientation? If you feel that this is too personal to post this on the forum, please feel free to message me directly. I ask that only people of this orientation contact me, not others who wish to express their opinion of these people unless you have significant interaction such as providing of services such as message boards, specialized dating dating sites and such. Thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    Good topic. It's been a point of contention with partners I've had, that while I get turned on by certain activities, the desire to relieve that tension through intercourse is not a strong desire within me. It's also part of the reason that I'm not even really sure if I categorize as ace. Rather I feel that I exhibit its characteristics in certain ways, and receive my gratification in ways that stray from the mainstream.
  • There are many paths, thank you for sharing.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)

Great Topic, thanks for bringing it up! I am following and learning ...

• I have nothing to report from private messages, I feel so ignored. Maybe we should turn this conversation to another string of posts about how bad it  feels to be ignored.
  • Well, out in the real world, asexual "relationships" aren't hard at least for me. But I'm not really looking for relationships per say. So usually what happens with my relationships is that I just end up making friends which is awesome! With the ultra-rare possibility of me developing extra feelings for the other person, it puts down the groundwork for awesome relationships that break the normalities that are expected. I'm not the type to really attract people so when you got two people unafraid of developing deep feelings for each other that don't revolve around "Going further" it's so satisfying and fulfilling because I feel like I've made a friend for life. 
  • @Zionscalling Thanks for your contribution. I find the English language confusing since it is so ingrained with sexual implications. The term "relationship" seems to imply sexual relationship and the phrase "not looking for a relationship" implies a hermit type personality, although neither of these assumptions are necessarily true. I suspect that referring to someone as a friend generally implies asexual although that is hardly a hard truth. Personally, I place a friendship relationship as the highest form of relationship as it tends to be the least conditional form. But then, I have had people react with the remark "just a friend?"