Do your friends/family know that you cuddle?

2»

Comments

• So far my friends know that I do professional cuddling, but I haven't told my parents or relatives.

• @DrDeb check your inbox. I'd like to be one.

• Only a trusted few know. Most wont understand, and I am very private so it works for me :) If it happens to come up in conversation, then I do mention that I enjoy the benefits but I won't go into too much detail. I love our little community! <3

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

My family us fully aware and were interested/amused at first but as pmvines stated, they don't care now. Apparently, they have lives to live. Go figure.

• @DrDeb - That's sad. :(

• My wife doesn't know, but since she opted to live 1300 miles away 7 years ago, I don't feel obliged to keep her in the loop...

• Absolutely. ❤️

I am an open book in most things.

And an advocate for the betterment that connection like this can bring to the table. ☺️

• [Deleted User]APV (deleted user)
    edited November 2020

My platonic cuddling is something I discuss with most of the people I ever meet. As soon as I discovered professional cuddling services around the end of 2015, I was quick to post on social media at the time: “My need for touch WILL be fulfilled in 2016 & beyond” despite still being in a failing romance at the moment. Despite doing my first stint on CuddleComfort in 2014, at that time there were ZER0 pros in my area on here, so I state ‘15 as the year in which I first discovered my option to hire a pro once I could afford to.

My team at work already knows I never want children, just turned 37, still no marital history and currently single. After the eldest member of the team pit all but one person against me 2 months ago, I believe they all think I’m some sort of loser because I’m already this old middle-aged and this is my situation. Telling them, as ignorant and closed-minded as they are, would only reinforce their negative opinions of me and escalate their mistreatment of me.

Platonic cuddling instead of being in a relationship does NOT make me a loser. It’s actually a better fit for me than being in a relationship because I’ve never done well living with family or roommates and a romantic partner will eventually expect cohabitation. Once the childfree ostracized me in September of 2017, platonic cuddling is my only hope. When my parents are no longer capable of hugging me, I can only expect super-loose, less-than-twenty-seconds hugs from my sister when visiting her area. I may have traumatized her during an incident at school in 1998, but I have not ran it past her as to why she appears less interested in physical affection with me.

• I've told my close friends and my sister about cuddling. They were all surprised, but positive about it. I love that platonic cuddling is a thing and I want it to be more accepted in society, so I feel that doing a bit of cuddle evangelism is a good thing. I haven't told my mom because I think she would worry about me.

• @APV thank you for telling us your story. It resonated with me: I was 42 when I met my 'forever' partner. 'Course it lasted only eight years in the end, but that's another story.

The losers - and by 'loser' I mean somebody I feel sorry for - are the people who could be cuddling and aren't. You're just making the most out of life. (Which, as a rule, really annoys those who don't.)

@fegonia I'm sure we all take your point about not telling your mum. It makes me so sad. There is nowhere in the world safer than being a guest in my home. And I know it's not just me.

I agree with you very strongly about cuddle evangelism. There aren't enough cuddles in the world, and it's down to all of us to do our bit to change that.

• My sister is my best friend so she knows. I've also told one other close friend but other than that it's no one's business.
    I also tell my sister whenever I have a cuddle date for my safety.

• My close friends and hubby all know. But as for my parents, ect nope. I dont need to hear about it. Maybe one day if they lighten up.

• I haven't gone out of my way to tell anyone that I'm ok with cuddling randomly found people, but anyone who's known me for a week knows I'm willing to cuddle practically anyone I'm close with lol. My guess is the shock would be over my actively seeking to spend time with people in person and not the cuddles themselves. (I've been rather shutinish since the separation lol)