Hosting dilemma

I’m trying to figure out how to solve my hosting dilemma. I am not currently able to host anyone.I have looked at possibly renting a studio apartment, Airbnb, hotels etc. I am trying to be cost efficient but I’m looking for something that could resolve this issue. I’ve had to turn down so many because of the hosting. Any ideas for fairly new Pros?

Comments

• [Deleted User]CuddleMeLater (deleted user)

Two suggestions.

1. dayuse.com. Book a hotel room for relatively cheap during daytime hours.

2. at least in California, there are places that will rent you a room with a hot tub and bed for an hour at a time. Not sure if these exist in Georgia but you could Google for them. These places are often frequented by prostitutes, but I've definitely had completely platonic cuddles at them.

• I just found an office in my area for $425 a month with all utilities including Internet included. I think this is by far the cheapest option. I was in your boat up until today and in my area Airbnb is just as pricey as a hotel and cheap studio apartments are hard to find unless you want to go to one of the rougher neighborhoods. I also like being in an office because there is security and nobody knows where I live. I am really hoping this will help get my business back to where it was before Covid. But I just announced that I could host today so we will see how it goes.

• edited December 2020

@xandriarain I thought about that, but are there business license to obtain?

• @Tranquilescape I was concerned about that but my landlord said I just needed a commercial use and occupancy permit and that basically the township doesn’t give a s*** about businesses licenses they just want to be paid.

• @xandriarain thank you for this information. One more thing. If you file for commercial use and occupancy, won’t they be looking at if you file taxes or not? That was my other question.

• @Tranquilescape yes I am going to be starting an LLC and getting on top of my bookkeeping so I can take care of taxes for 2021. If you’re getting an office space you definitely have to start doing things on the books.