New Cuddlers/ Too many new professionals.

[Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
Once in a while I check the new cuddlers in the front home page. I have noticed lately that most of them sign up as professionals. This is starting to look like maybe they see CC as a quick buck. You read their profiles and you start to get clues that most of them have no idea what therapeutic touch is. Thoughts?

Comments

• The profiles of all the professionals that I have looked at are
    lacking information on how they do business: rates, areas that they serve and that sort of thing. This is not a new trend. I don't know how this is related to anything but their business ability. I think that reviews written by people who have used their services would be more valuable than a well written profile.
  • edited September 2016
    SnuggleSymmetery, it's a perception thing because they are required to use a photo and therefore get more attention under the new member section which only shows people with a photo. In reality you're talking about maybe 5-10 members a week which is nothing.
  • [Deleted User]bruin_alum (deleted user)
    edited September 2016
    I have wondered myself if, and this may sound sexist but I don't mean it to, it seems women signing up may tend to look at this as an opportunity to take something they may be looking for, and earn a few dollars with it too.  To the best of my knowledge, there are no real requirements or licensing to be a "professional" beyond collecting money for it.  I almost feel like, why not become a pro if you are going to come on here, especially as a woman, when people, predominantly men, will pay for the service.

There are some pro's who I do feel are truly qualified and should be in this as a profession---one great one in particular in the LA area seems perfectly fit for it.  However I suspect many classify themselves as pro just because they can, and I think that can diminish the value of the real pro's.
  • Consider if this was a site devoted to the joys of watching sports and was focused on how wonderful it is to meet with people, watch sports and explain the in and outs of various sports. Now, let's say the site was predominantly women who wanted to learn about sports so that they could join into various social events that were centered around sports. Now, you, as a male member, learn that there are women who are willing to pay you $80 per hour to come sit with them and explain the wonderfulness of watching sports. Would you be willing to post your picture on the site and become a professional?
  • [Deleted User]fastboy1359 (deleted user)
    Dictator has it right on. It's supply and demand fellas. Ladies got the goods and we need them. And I don't think it's fair to characterize the pro women as opportunistic. If
    Sorry. My comment got distorted and cut off. It's supply and demand like docgatorb says. Ladies got the goods we need. I think it's unfair to characterize them as opportunistic. The ladies on here seem genuinely interested in having a positive and helpful experience. I think an attractive lady should be compensated for getting up close and personal with a hairy old guy.
  • I'm glad to say that I have found more professional profiles that mention rates, experience and things related to how they conduct their business. Hopefully this is a trend and not just an oddity. If other members would like to see more of this kind of information in professional profiles, speak up!
    One thing that turned me off is when the person intends to charge but the profile isn't clearly marked as such yet. There is back and forth until you can what is going on. I think that tendency shows a bit of classlessness

• Please can you report those profiles? It's a serious breach of our terms for someone to have a standard account while offering professional services for the exact reason you mentioned.

How do I report this when it happens ?
  • When you view any profile, there is a button with ".." on it. Press this button and you will have the option of reporting.
    Thanks. It just happened again. 15 messages back and forth over 3 or 4 days. Things are going well. Then I say, hey, let's connect!! And she says, great, let's meet this afternoon. Then the next time I open her profile it has the professional banner on it. Am giving her a chance to explain, then I will report it.
  • [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)
    edited September 2016
    Wow, that's seriously shady what is described above. Almost like a form of entrapment. "OK, we've agreed to cuddle, so pay me now, even though I never gave any indication I expected payment beforehand." It's sad that some would seek to manipulate that way, not only the 15% that goes to the site, but the feelings of a well-meaning person who thought they'd made a genuine connection. Shameful for anyone to pull that type of scam.
    This place has come to be overrun by professionals (who don't use the banner to indicate such but are pretty overt about the desire to charge. Maybe it's time to think about splitting this this site into two
  • As was mentioned earlier this is an unregulated activity and this site could be considered ground breaking, it's really up to us to self-police if we want the site to develop.
  • edited September 2016
    Yeah, the only thing that can be done right now is self-policing. 

We started to officially accept professionals partly with the aim to reduce the issues raised here. I doubt splitting the website would help much because professionals would still want access everyone here in the same way.
    Yes. That does makes sense
    I asked one of the person's why they exchanged several messages before the professional appeared on their page. They said they had applied for professional status, then had to wait for approval
  • Poor business, this could have been explained in your first communication.
    But still, in fairness to them, there is a delay between the time they have first contact with the site and the time their pro status is approved. In fact, some of the girls make it clear right in their profiles that they are professionals, but they still don't have the banner. Let's help them all to be more explicit
    Why not add a field to the profile in which users intend to charge or not ?
  • edited September 2016
    I understand that makes a lot of sense. But we don't want people being identified as professional until they have e-signed our contract. One important aspect that contract covers is safety and guidelines. 
    That makes alot of sense
  • There was a delay in my professional banner being put on and I made sure to explain that first thing to anyone who contacted me.. hopefully that's the situation with what you have been seeing otherwise that's super rude. And rude to not explain it right away!