Travel Expenses

[Deleted User]PandaKay (deleted user)

So I am brand new to the cuddling world and I received a request to travel a few hours away for a session. I have no qualms with this however, I was wondering if it would be fair to ask for compensation for the travel expenses? If, so what tends to be the average or going rate say per mileage? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Yes, it's quite normal to charge for longer journeys. Wiser heads than mine will hopefully be along soon with more details.

And welcome!

• @PandaKay definitely! I usually charge $20/hour of driving. I don’t charge the way back home.

Now, for those that want me to drive three hours to them, I will charge a bit more because that’s 6 hours of driving... that’s a lot of driving lol so the session needs to be at least the same length of time as the drive to get there and I’ll charge an added $80 for the drive. Some may not like that and that’s perfectly fine, but stick to your guns. 6 hours of driving, wear and tear on your vehicle and possibly losing out on other cuddlers bookings you makes it a very fair deal to offer a larger travel expense. If someone really wants to book you, that should not be a problem.

One other thing to think about is taking a deposit before you start driving. I only take a deposit if I’m driving 2 or more hours to a new cuddler. I have them send me a deposit that includes the travel plus $20-40 towards the session. For example:

You are $60/hour.

3 hour session is $180.
    3 hour drive travel expense: $80

Total: $260

Deposit: $100

When you arrive, they pay the rest ($160) before you start the cuddle.

Trust me, you don’t want to drive 3 hours there and find out he ghosted you. I’ve had plenty of long drives back home empty handed with no cuddle and it’s a tick-off...

If you need any help with anything, don’t hesitate to message me! Good luck!!

• For a long time I used toll guru to calculate tolls and gas, I wouldn’t typically bother if the overall cost of travel was less than $5. I have the same rule as @Sheena123 where I require that the round trip travel time is no longer than the session itself so if I an driving and hour and a half each way (three hours round trip) I would need the session to be no less than three hours. I recently got an office to host clients and I needed to increase my rates to cover the additional overhead so for clients I travel to the rates are now all inclusive with gas and tolls.