masks during session

I was messaging a pro cuddler, hoping to make sure that we were on the same page of things before our first appointment together. I mentioned that I would be wearing a surgical mask during our session, and asked if I could count on her to as well. She messaged back that we would not be having a session after all, that she cannot cuddle when either person is wearing a mask.

I was wondering what others think about this.

Comments

• Every pro is different. I actually don’t know if there’s a rule on this. I only know my own situation. If I have a cuddler that asks for masks to be worn, I would wear one.
    Maybe keep that on your profile that you and your cuddler have to wear masks. It might help solidify that’s a major must for you.
    Good luck

• I've cuddled with both people wearing masks. It's fine, it really is. Yes it's mildly annoying, especially for the first ten minutes, but the truth is that it's not a huge deal.

I've also cuddled somebody with a mask while I wasn't wearing one. After three seconds I forgot she was wearing a mask. Really not sure why you would object to that, it simply doesn't affect you.

• I know several professional cuddlers who require masks. I entertained the idea of cuddling with masks during lockdown before I started cuddling again but got tremendous pushback and I soon realized I could not earn a living on this platform if I was going to have a mask requirement. I make my sessions mask optional and leave it up to the clients. I do question of the efficacy of masks in the context off cuddling due to the close proximity and the mask being repositioned while laying down.

• I'm tested monthly for covid as I help my grandmother with her health and being a rare exception to visiting in ICU, ect. as an unofficial caregiver, but more so as a loving granddaughter, she is well now, so hopefully no more hospital trips.

I wear masks when I'm out and about, which is rare as I work from home. I still sanitize my doorknobs and what not, even though we are all drained from this pandemic, other people's health is important to me.

However, as per any session with a client, I work with them on what makes them comfortable. If they want a mask, cool. If not, it's their decision ultimately. I do not force it. I do suggest it and keep a whole box of unused masks in case they want a fresh one.

I do change sheets between clients, shower, sanitize, change clothing and even sometimes mop my room, because I'm like that lol lol. I did that pre-covid too.

Just like religion, or politics, I never force my thoughts on others. The same applies to science and medical practices, even if I think it's practical to do, doesn't mean others agree. That's for all of our choices, whether we do something or not. 😊