Thinking of becoming a pro

I am thinking of becoming a pro. What are some of the ins and outs of doing this?
I would probably start charging about $70 an hour. I would also offer discounts to those with disabilities, people in the military, as well as college students.
I would also offer discounts for multi hour sessions as well.

Comments

• Males pros are charged a monthly fee where females pay a flat percentage of their sessions.

With that said male pros very rarely book any clients. There's are a handful of females here who have actively spoken out seeking male pros.
    Males have a hard enough time finding enthusiasts to cuddle them for free.

If you don't mind throwing money at something that will likely not return any profit then yes go ahead and go pro.

Personally I'd charge the bare minimum the site allows $40 hr to see if you can reign in the unicorns here seeking to pay male cuddlers.

I don't want to discourage anyone from trying to make a living, but it's been beaten to death that men here do not make money as professional cuddlers. There are no "ins" to men going pro here.

• [Deleted User]CuddleMeLater (deleted user)

Andy, you've been here long enough to see that male pros don't get clients. Think about it this way... as an enthusiast, have you had any cuddles for free? That is, have you cuddled anyone who's not a pro? Maybe you have, but I'm guessing probably not (most of us have not). Now why in the world would that same group who's currently not willing to cuddle you for free suddenly be willing to pay you to cuddle?

• As far as enthusiast go I have not met with any. But most of the people that I have met with our pros. End of the few enthusiast that I did try to meet with tried to pull a fast one and charge me.

Right. So, to repeat myself, these people currently won't cuddle with you for free. What makes you think they would pay to cuddle with you?

• @Andy1996

If you're not able to find an enthusiast to cuddle for free then you have your answer. No, being a pro would not benefit you in any way.

You're also still navigating being scammed, non-pros trying to charge you and if I can speak frankly being a little naive about the rules of the site when it comes to what's allowed and what's not. The majority of your posts are questions that can easily be answered by reading the TOS and rules.
    A quick look at the forums would have given you an insight into the fact male pros are just not successful here. There's a scarce market for it.

• Where can I find these posts about males not being successful?

• @Andy1996 I will say to you what I'm saying to all the new/prospective male professionals. If you are thinking about this, then here are a very few of the things you should be thinking about.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/comment/106122#Comment_106122

edited January 2021

@Andy1996

Where can I find these posts about males not being successful?

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/9749/finding-clients#latest

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/9841/best-experience-guaranteed#latest

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/9807/is-it-a-lot-harder-for-men-to-become-cuddlers#latest

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/9784/male-cuddler#latest

Here's just a few on the front page of the Professional Cuddlers forum that I found at a glance.

If you want to go through the older pages of the forum you'll find plenty more.

Multiple times every week a new male pro shows up on the forum and announces his presence. They never ever get clients.

• It really is a shame. Especially because I would like to make someone’s day better for them. But honestly I would be willing to do that for free as well. I have also seen some posts where some people allege that some of the cuddlers are just in it for the money. For me I have yet to meet someone like this. Because all of my experiences I have had with every professional I have met have been excellent. Even the virtual video chats have been great. They give me a chance to unload and vent.
    It really is a shame that we live in such a touch deprived society.

• @Andy1996

honestly I would be willing to do that for free as well.

You're already offering cuddling for free by being an enthusiast.

• @envie, it’s just crazy that we live in such a touch deprived society. I do have a friend that likes to cuddle quite a lot. In fact every time she sees me she always gives me a hug. And she also strokes my hair.
    Some of my other friends say that she is too touchy, I myself don’t have a problem with that. As I actually intend to do research on the benefits of touch.
    I can tell you that every person I have met with has always made me feel better. Even if it was on a video chat platform. Or in person.

@Andy1996 but the whole point is that women mostly aren’t touch starved. Men are. This is why women can charge to cuddle but men can’t.

• I’m touched starved. Why do you think that most women aren’t?

• @Importance - He means meaningless touch is easy to obtain for most women. Your challenge is finding a long term connection.

@Importance thats sort of the whole dynamic of this site. Tons of men who can’t find a cuddle partner, and very few women.

• edited January 2021

Mike, I absolutely agree with you. I am looking for quality touch. I want to believe that the men here are also looking for what they consider to be quality touch. Any of us could go and get involved in a community program with various other groups of people who need support and probably find ways to be hugged / touched if that’s all we are looking for.

• It’s the same argument of why men won’t cuddle other men Usually. They are seeking a specific type of affection just like I am. In the earlier forum post I asked what people look for in a cuddle partner. It was brought up over and over again that they just looked for someone that they “clicked” with.

• @Importance - You're right. I won't cuddle other men. Call me a homophobe, but it would just feel awkward and wrong as a straight guy.

• I agree with @Mike403,
    I definitely feel more comfortable cuddling women. As well as non-binary folks. In fact, one of my more unique experiences was cuddling with someone who is non-binary. I like how unique the experience was because we had a session in a truck that he was building during the lockdowns. And I found it to be quite fascinating.
    Not to mention he gave some of the best massages ever.

• IDK ~ He (like anyone else) might be successful as a "Pro".

Since so many unknowingly put stock in the designation as meaning "worth" paying for to get their cuddle needs met, as well as the reasonable (but wholly incorrect) assumption made, that one actually had to do something (anything - a training, class, workshop, etc.) that would then qualify them as a, "Pro"... I can see how he might find success (especially in his market - LA). And it's a nominal fee to find out, and doesn't bar him from still seeking/hiring other Pros to meet his cuddle needs too.

Obviously all this is just my opinion.... but @Andy1996 if you want to do it, then do it. You won't know until you try! And good luck!!!

• @Andy1996 so if you want to go pro I suggest you do not feature yourself here .. ,
    Instead go to the the other site .

Here there is confusion that you are either professional or enthusiast with a privilege to charge monies . The other site there is no confusion

You are not accessible to a lot of cuddlers here . You are only accessible if someone signs up and establishes an account . The other site if someone has a phone and internet you are accesible.

Where did all the women go who signed up here , got a lot of creepy messages and deleted . They are using the other site , where there is no sign up , or mailbox inundated with creepy messages

Good luck with your cuddles

• I have honestly heard story after story of a female getting creepy messages. It really is a shame. This is definitely not tinder.