$500 an hour?!🤔🤷‍♂️

There is a new cuddler in the bay area(which shows up in my search criteria) requesting a very steep fee of $500 per hour. Has anyone ever paid that much? Am I missing something?

Comments

• Great! I love this news!

• Looks like you sorted by price, high to low. Hit the button again to flip it.

• [Deleted User]CuddleMeLater (deleted user)

Cuddlers with these extraordinarily high fees show up every now and then. I saw one charging $600 (or maybe it was $700; I don't remember exactly) once. She was banned pretty quickly. I don't know what the ban was for.

I'm pretty confident they don't get any clients (for that matter I suspect even the ones charging $200 get very few clients).

I don't think you're missing anything. They're just confused or extremely overconfident or delusional. Or maybe they're just joking around and don't expect to get clients.

• The profile in question was reported. Mark and/or SoulCuddlerz will take it from here.

Carry on.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

Great! I love this news!

Me too, @Importance ! I honestly think most of the pros should up their rates on here (IMO they're undervaluing themselves). But it's their choice in the end.

• [Deleted User]sage_wisdom (deleted user)

without going over the limit set by cuddle comfort I dont see anything wrong with it. it’s possible they crunched a lot of factors into a calculator to determine how much their time should cost. they are taking time out of their work to spend time with you. They are inviting you into their home. they are allowing you to invade their personal space. this is an incredibly vulnerable and dangerous condition to put yourself. it is compensation and insurance.

• Why would this profile be reported?

I'll never understand the need some members on the forum have to put pro cuddlers on a pedastal. They're just people. Some of them are great, some of them are outright terrible, but overall they're... just people.

@squeakytoy

I honestly think most of the pros should up their rates on here (IMO they're undervaluing themselves)

Most pros -- almost all -- are just random women with no particular experience or competence who heard about cuddling and wanted to make some cash. The idea that they can charge $100/hr is already pretty extraordinary. $500/hr is outright delusional.

@sage_wisdom

You might be right that a cuddler's time "should" cost a certain amount in some sense. But prices are set by market forces. There have to be clients willing to pay a given price. $100/hr is already out of reach for many potential clients. Nobody will pay $500.

• Some pro here charged $300 hr. When questioned she offered a perfectly acceptable reason - she's putting her health at risk with Covid. Seems reasonable to me.

Price too high? Don't book them. There's no shortage of cuddlers who charge fair rates. Those who charge obscenely high rates tend to just price themselves out of the market anyways.

• @sage_wisdom we have no idea if they’re taking time off work to see clients or if they’re inviting anyone into their home. The only info we have is what they charge !! Granted they’re taking a risk but we don’t know how much of one without more info.

• What is cc max limit for pro price per hour?

• The average us salary is ~$57,000 per year. This means about 28.50 an hour. For $500 you would need to work two full 8 hour days and still dip into saving to afford it. This doesn't include gas nor does include a hotel room (easily another 200).

Spending that much in one hour more than like once every few years is irresponsible and unsustainable. More importantly, a significant amount of people cannot afford to spend this amount and still afford to survive. Obviously this isn't a necessity but should access to professional cuddlers really only be in reach of rich people? Would rich people even need it?

I have no stake in the game but I think empathy should be used here.

• Note and follow-up: the aforementioned reports have nothing to do with the hourly rate. Rates are up to the person. Rates are not dictated by this site.

• Why were we informed that she has already been reported?

• If somebody succeeds in charging $500 per hour, she deserves a medal.

edited January 2021

@CuddleMeLater Don't like something? Don't buy it. If a pro sets her price high and people don't pay it, it's the pro's own choice to decide to lower the price or not.

You don't have an inherent right to a woman's time or body given out at an affordable price.

@Mike403 You're goddamn right :joy:

@BotWithFeelings

People can charge what they want. I don't think they're necessarily obligated to factor in empathy.

The reason charging $500/hr is dumb is because no one will pay it, and other cuddlers will come along and undercut that price.

• @BotWithFeelings

Would rich people even need it?

Yes, in the same way as the rest of us. I'm not rich, but I know some rich people - I mean properly rich - and they aren't different. They just send more expensive Christmas cards.

@CuddleMeLater If nobody is paying her price, she may choose to lower it to get more clients, or she may keep the price high so she only gets the occasional visitor who is willing to pay. That's entirely up to her.

• I would charge $2000 an hour. I’m not even lying.

@squeakytoy

If you'd like to respond to me, please respond to things I actually said.

You don't have an inherent right to a woman's time or body given out at an affordable price.

What I said was that $500/hr is a ridiculous price and no one will pay it. If you'd like to agree or disagree with that, by all means do so. But don't pretend like I said "she shouldn't be allowed to charge that much" or "I have a right to a woman's time" so that you can score some ridiculous rhetorical points by knocking down a straw man.

That's entirely up to her.

So what? I literally have no idea how you think this is a response to what I said. I didn't say it wasn't up to her.

I would charge $2000 an hour. I’m not even lying.

• I have no issue with what she charges I’m not going to pay that much per hour so it doesn’t matter to me. At the same time I’m not going to sit here and say she deserves a pat on the back for charging what she does or as @Mike403 said a medal. While she’s not doing anything negative it’s not like her charging $500 is doing anything to make the world or CC a better place all she did was set her personal price point

• What are you guys doing to make cc a better place?

• Awesome, pros should charge whatever they feel they can get. Power to you, ladies!

• I donate time everyday to reading ridiculous comments in the forums ? 🤔

• @CuddleMeLater - It's not your call to say whether or not anyone will pay it. If the price is too high for you, don't message her. Move on to the next one. This isnt rocket science.

This discussion has been locked.