Music for cuddling

[Deleted User]NVG (deleted user)

What recommendations do you have for music to listen to while cuddling.

Comments

• Relaxing music. If it works for massage therapy, why not for cuddling?

• Native American flute,
    • classical piano,
    • sounds of the ocean,
    • Enya,
    • Enigma
    • Delerium
  • edited July 2017

Swedish death metal

• [Deleted User]Kaiterpillar (deleted user)

I typically just put some sort of spa station on through Apple Music, but thats because my clients have requested whatever I wanted for the music!

I think I would accept most any music request, as long as it didn't give me a headache!

Other basic ideas are jazz/blues stations, classical stations, soundscapes, etc!

• If you search the word "romance" on Spotify, you should see the word romance with the word genre underneath it. If you click on that, it brings up several playlists that are great for cuddling. Don't let the word romance weird you out there, I'm not here trying to be romantic lol but many of the playlists are full of very chill music.

• [Deleted User]NVG (deleted user)

I've used Enya on Pandora. It was great! I'm looking for other options. Some good suggestions coming in. Thanks!

• Rnb, Charlie puth, Frank synatra,

• [Deleted User]navyvet76 (deleted user)

Pmvines lol any specific bands haha?

• I recommend 3 Doors Down, Sublime and Katy Perry's album Teenage Dream! thats just what I would listen too haha!

• Current surprising favorite artist: Florence and the Machine, especially "Wish You Were Here" from a movie soundtrack.

• [Deleted User]StarFlower (deleted user)

Florence and the Machine "Never Let Me Go"
    Fleetwood Mac "Everywhere"
    Massive Attack "Teardrop"

I think you can find good cuddle-worthy songs with many different musical artists...you just have to dig a little.

You probably have some favoritemusical artists already who have composed some excellent music that you can cuddle to.

Also, there's a bit of a craft to creating a playlist. I don't recommend the Shuffle feature, necessarily, in other words.

Good luck!

• Eh, anything by Acid Bath usually does the trick

@pmvines We are not playing Acid Bath if you ever come out here to cuddle lol

You were joking, riiiight? ;)

If not Acid Bath, how about Trouble? LOL

@navyvet76 Pffffffft! Trouble's for Active Cuddles (TM). Also can be used as a torture device for the hearing-sensitive and those who suffer with migraines.

Well. that CD was stolen 2 times in a CD player while I was in the navy. And yes I did buy it a 3rd time lol

• My favorite album for cuddling is Lay It Down by the Cowboy Junkies, on loop. Most of the songs on the Best of Bread are great too--some are just a little too fast-paced. Many songs by Fleetwood Mac are also great for cuddling.

@navyvet76 You must really love Trouble. In all seriousness, I luuuurve my Amazon Music app. If I could get iTunes to cooperate more I might alternate. Saves on CD purchases. My CD player broke last year and I've yet to replace it.

@RHudson Right, it's tbe rhythm you have to pay attention to. I don't necessarily pay strict attention to the words, tbough truly depressing songs are for sure off the musical menu.

• @StarFlower, great points, as usual. Some songs are really depressing.

Thanks @RHudson I've revamped my playlist a couple of times. Luckily prior to seeing clients.

• @StarFlower, I'll bet you have some great playlists.

Thanks, @RHudson! I try to tailor them to both the client's favorite musical artists along with any other music I think would vibe well with the client. :)

• @StarFlower, you sound like a dream!

@RHudson Thank you! As soon as I get my transporter up and running, I'll be right over!

Or you can invent some businessy reason to be in Dallas lol

Seriously, though. Music is very important to set the tone and provide a rhythm and flow, in my opinion. It's important to end off on a good note (pun intended).

• Scottie, beam @StarFlower over stat! ;)

I DO have a plane ticket I need to use up in the next month or so... ;)

@RHudson Sounds like a winner!

For your excuse-to-visit-Dallas and whatnot, we have the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, and an ice cream place you can try called Ice Cream Wasted, if you are into the flavours of liquorrrrrrr (see? I'm fancy).

Ok we're way off-topic!!!

Music: I'm sure you could catch a concert while you're here. How's that?

• @StarFlower, it all sounds magically delicious. ;)

• [Deleted User]NVG (deleted user)

So far, I've found Enya or the Enya playlist on Pandora or Amazon Music to be the best choice. Relaxing, almost meditative at times.

Enya will be played in heaven, I am quite sure. Her music is so beautiful. I find part of the appeal of some of her music, like Afer Ventus, Storms in Africa II, and The Celts, is that you can't understand the words and so you go into another, blissful realm just by virtue of that quality.

StarFlower, Dallas-Fort Worth area

• Getz/Gilberto, Getz/Byrd, Miles Davis, Tom Harrell, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Michael Brecker, Nick Drake, Billie Holiday

• The Ink Spots.