Being more bold

Comments

• @JoyfulHeart

I did not accuse you. I said "someone, somewhere", in response to your question that seemed to suggest that no one was.

Nobody said men shouldn't cuddle other men.

• I am not going to go back and for with the troll on here, but here are examples of physical intimacy (in case anybody is still confused):

Physical intimacy includes both sensuous and sexual activity usually between two persons and the sharing of reactions, thoughts, and emotions that are involved in these activities.

Actually, physical intimacy includes a wide range of behavior. Everything from hand-holding to all day love-making. It includes a broad range of physical contact such as:

foreplay or non-coital sexual activity
    bathing together
    swimming together
    pleasuring
    caressing each other's body
    sexual intercourse
    the afterglow (e.g., the tender words that are exchanged after sexual activity)

https://www.healthyplace.com/relationships/intimate-relationships/what-is-physical-intimacy

• @Sheena123 and @DaringSprinter
    Women are more likely than men to be sexually assaulted, one kind of assault, whereas men are more likely to experience every other kind of assault, including murder, directly contrary to the claim that women are more likely to be killed than men. In fact, men are more than twice as likely to be murdered.
    Lets just make sure we have the facts straight.

• In 2010, 77.8% of all people murdered in the United States were men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homicide_statistics_by_gender

• Whatever makes you feel better 🤷🏼‍♀️ Have a good night 😴

• Facts don't care about how you feel. The facts are the facts.

• @samfiddle: ...And on a cuddling website, where you meet people specifically to snuggle up to them....

Hmm. Yeah, I'm sure there are a ton of criminals using this website who think it's a good way to find victims for drive-bys, armed robberies, casual murders, etc. Definitely wouldn't expect most criminals on here to be the scammer, rapist, or sneak-thief varieties. Being afraid of every kind of assault except sexual makes perfect sense here.

@txbaseball87: Going to a website that specifically deals with romantic and sexual relationships for your definition of "physical intimacy" is gonna skew it a little.

• edited February 2022

Imagine telling someone that women are more likely to be raped than men and its understandable why some would feel apprehensive about being in close physical contact with the most likely perpetrators and shpuldnt be pressured to do so and someone responds with
    "whatever makes you feel better, have a good night".
    But i guess things only matter when they happen to people like you.

• edited February 2022

Healthyplace.com is the largest consumer mental health site on the net. We provide authoritative information and support to people with mental health concerns, along with their family members and other loved ones. At HealthyPlace.com, you'll find comprehensive, authoritative information on psychological disorders, psychiatric medications, and other mental health treatments. We also have online psychological tests, breaking mental health news, and more. We believe the most important thing in a person's life is "peace of mind". And at HealthyPlace.com, we help bring that to you by providing mental health information from experts, as well as everyday people who are dealing with psychological disorders.

So, no, it doesn't specifically deal with romantic and sexual relationships.

• edited February 2022

@txbaseball87
    I bet the "relationships/intimate-relationships" section does.

Seriously: just use Wikipedia or something. "Physical intimacy is sensual proximity or touching." It's not difficult.

• @DaringSprinter yes users on this website definitely arent " strangers or non-family acquaintances" right?
    Lol geez, way to completely miss the point.

• edited February 2022

As a young man in a poor neighborhood I certainly felt like my life was unimportant and disposable. I often felt invisible (unless I had something of value someone wanted to take from me).

I was subject to the whims of the chaotic universe. No one cared about me, and I had no time to feel bad about it, because you're too busy trying to survive. You learn to become hard. The hardness is mostly scar tissue covering by the underlying vulnerability.

It's hard to put it into a statistic. It's not one, tangible assault, but a constant 24/7 mental assault.

The feeling of being cannon fodder wasn't helped by the military constantly pressuring to recruit my demographic in our ghettos.

I'm not denying women haven't been systematically oppressed in almost every human society. They have.

I'm just relaying the experience of a young, poor, seemingly disposable male. Something that I feel many young men go through.

• I bet the "relationships/intimate-relationships" section does.

I was thinking the same.

• edited February 2022

I love the trolling on here by one member who needs constant attention. =)

This is why you shouldn't go back and forth with trolls.

Shows facts: that website doesn't count :)

• @samfiddle: Are you doing okay, man? The point went right over your head.

Women are more likely to be raped than men. CuddleComfort is a website more likely to contain a rapist than any other type of violent criminal. Rape is the violent crime most to be feared here. Women are the ones with most cause to worry.

• edited February 2022

"relationships/intimate-relationships"

No way! Physical intimacy is listed in that section? Who would have thought? LOL

• Im not denying women experience oppression, but pretending like women arent also the most protected from violence is just straight denying reality.
    Its wild to me that white women especially, demonstrably the most protected demographic on the planet, seem to have the least amount of empathy for the safety concerns of anyone else.

• Oh, man, I'm totally glad that some fellow bros are talking about violence against men. Just the other day, on my way to a cuddle, I nearly got garroted in a trench.

Women on this site often talk about sexual assault, which makes sense because this is a site where you're supposed to cuddle another person. But I really feel it's necessary to mention how men are assaulted all the time when it comes to cuddles. Which is what this site is about, I'll remind you. Cuddling. Going to someone else's place. It isn't safe all the time, and women risk a lot by doing it.

But men? My cousin, Jack, had to fend off a group of marauding psychopaths while waiting for his cuddle partner to show up at his place. There he was, in his living room, when all of a sudden an angry mob burst in. One of the dudes even had a chainsaw! Jack managed to escape with only a few cuts, thank goodness.

A lady could get raped during a cuddle. Us dudes gotta deal with things like artillery fire and roving bands of madmen.

Bruh.

• edited February 2022

We go it. Being raped is worse than being murdered.

Also, the troll on here knows everybody that is on this website.

I think you’ve called someone “troll” one too many times. You’re entitled to express your opinion but name-calling is not allowed. TIme out for three days. [Babichev]

@txbaseball87 if you don’t cool it with the constant flagging you’ll get put in permanent time out.

• @samfiddle It may also be useful to notice who is committing the overwhelming proportion of that violence. More women are killed by men than the number of men killed by women.

• If you dont think mens fear of random violence from other men is rational then you must never leave your house, enjoy your ivory tower.

• @MCcuddles2

Thank you for sharing.

Men have problems as well, bud sadly, as shown here, men's issued are pushed aside.

• [Deleted User]HumbleIntrovert (deleted user)

Wow. The responses I’ve gotten on here are definitely not what I was expecting or going for 😢

• @JoyfulHeart
    Ah yes i was waiting for that response, it always gets thrown in my face anytime i mention my concerns.
    Youre right though, I'll just file my grievances with the council of men, we are actually a hive mind and i am therefore to blame if attacked by another man. All men are one collective entity, so its ridiculous for a man to be concerned with the possibility of being assaulted by another man, after all, we're all the same person! If i want to not be assaulted, I can just choose not to assault myself. Simple!

• edited February 2022

@samfiddle ...Bro. I'm gender-nonconforming. I don't even have to leave the apartment complex to get hostile reactions. I know full well that men's fear of random violence from other men is rational.

But this is a cuddling website. For platonic cuddling. Any man you meet through here isn't random like that—they're self-selected to want cuddles. That's why they're here. And if two men here agree to cuddle each other? Probably one of them isn't planning a random act of violence against the other! They want, at the risk of repeating myself, cuddles. Remember?

The thing you're risking most is getting raped, and again, a woman meeting the same man is in more danger of that than you are.

Sorry, @HumbleIntrovert. Welcome to the forums, though! This sort of thing happens here sometimes. Not often, lately. But sometimes. It's nothing you said! ...Have some popcorn? 🍿

• @samfiddle You're reading more into my response than I intended to convey. Since anything I say seems to be involuntarily incendiary, I'll go.

• @DaringSprinter I have been threatened with homicide literally for coughing. Why tf should I assume that wouldn't happen just cause i met the man on a cuddle website?
    Men being on this website doesnt erase a lifetimes worth of patriarchal conditioning that its okay to assault men over the most trivial of reasons?
    Your statements are pure speculation and im not gonna give them more weight than literal data. Glad you feel safe on here, dont be dismissive of others fears and boundaries. Its really gross to do especially if you demand others care about your fears and boundaries.

• edited February 2022

Its like when someone tells men "you get to feel safe walking alone at night" and its like
    "Wait, yall get to feel safe to walking alone during the day??".

• edited February 2022

This is a site about cuddling. Cuddling is the goal. Cuddling entails two (or more) persons being in physical contact with each other. This is usually done in a setting that is comfortable for both parties. Some examples of relaxing settings where people cuddle include, but are not limited to, houses, apartments, hotel rooms, and behind dumpsters.

The above-mentioned places, when only occupied by the persons interested in cuddling, can be the perfect spot for one of the cuddlers to sexually assault their partner. This happens with some frequency. One only needs to listen to members of the group affected the most by that type of assault to realize this: women.

...but this doesn't take into account violence against men. And that's super duper for real problematic when it comes to cuddling.

Four months ago, while waiting for a cuddle partner in a hotel lobby, a gang of ruffians entered the building. They all wore white shirts, white trousers, white codpieces, and each had on a bowler hat. One of them wielded a cane.

The man with the cane approached me. He twirled the black piece of wood, and slammed it down onto the carpeted floor when he stopped his advance. The cane rattled, which I thought strange. He leaned down, until his cold eyes were level with mine, and blinked slowly—his false eyelashes seemed to me like claws reaching for my face.

"Well well well well," he said, "What do we have here, my droogs? A wayward lamb?"

One of his cohorts—a large brute of a fellow—chuckled, the sound like a toad croaking. "A lamb boss, yeah, a lamb, ha ha ha. Looks proper confused, dudn't 'e?"

"That he does, that he does. A lost little lamb, done trotting to and fro, come to settle down amidst a pack of wolves."

Before I could react, the man with the cane stood straight, gripped my chin, and wrenched my head upwards. His grip was iron.

"Say, my little lamb, what do you think of...ultra violence?"

Those last words were whispered, but they struck with the force of a grand piano hurled by a catapult.

Then, some ultra violence happened to me. And I did not care for it.

• @HumbleIntrovert , I’m sorry this has happened to you. There are some decent folks here but we also seem to have a problem with being able to have civilized discussions.

I hope you find some cuddle buddies. Cool that you found a friend who may be a good cuddle buddy, too. I have several cuddly friends in my life and also have met a few good cuddlers from this site, too.