What are you thankful for this year?

I am actually thankful for some of the people I have met on here. I know its only the internet and its not really the same as being up the road, but I truly feel like I know some really cool people on here. And the holidays are not easy for me, I usually get pretty depressed. So its nice to have people I can message with, talk to, etc, even if I will likely never meet them!

Comments

• Awwh this is a great post! Thanks for creating <3

Im thankful for all the little things that are commonly taken for granted, such as the internet. I feel so blessed to have this tool to be able to connect with such beautiful souls :)

Happy holidays everybody!

• Memories of love and affection shared with my ex-girlfriend. I never had anything of the like before she came into my life, and I will always be grateful for the few years I got to spend with her.

• @pmvines I've met some terrific people here, too, and I'm happy about that. But my philosophy is a little more optimistic. People travel. I travel. I've already met a couple of people who live far away. Someone from halfway across the country is coming to stay with me for a few days next month who's going to be here on business. You never know!!

• Weed : helps my pain and helps my extended family stay alive lol

• @cuddlebugTM lol Wine helps my family stay alive! Drank a bottle while cooking yesterday.

On a serious note, I'm thankful for family and friends no matter how far away!

• I am thankful that I know enough to be thankful for the good things in life, rather than to complain about the not so good stuff. Some of the good things in my life are my family, friends irl and online, my house, the ready availability of food, etc.
    <3 Jim

• I'm thankful whatever power (I believe it's God, but to each his own) that has allowed me to have such a full, rich, beautiful life. I am aware daily that this power has me wrapped up in love and compassion and I am so thankful.

• [Deleted User]apvalerius (deleted user)
    edited November 2017

I am thankful for @autumnlovesya because I have seen her four times this year and had wonderful sessions with her all four times. Being a client of a professional cuddler helps my depression beyond words! Even though I may eventually consider returning to my parents' area, it's either there will be cuddlers for me over there or I'm staying where I am. The cuddlers must answer my messages in a timely manner and be willing to do the two activities I like: mutual foot massages and the cuddling position the Cuddle Sutra calls Forking (or other maximal, frontal contact positions). Otherwise I'm staying in SoCal.

• [Deleted User]SweetStuff (deleted user)

I'm grateful for Mark! lol Cuddle Comfort has blessed me with wonderful connections that I will forever cherish. Often times, we get so wrapped up in the negative, easily forgetting about the simple things in life that keep us going like oxygen. I'm eternally grateful for oxygen! I'd also like to say I'm thankful for having a roof over my head and being able to enjoy a delicious meal on Thanksgiving including the left-overs! I'm thankful that I have all my senses. Though my eyesight isn't the greatest, I can still see well enough without my glasses. I own a coat that keeps me warm in this cold weather. I could go on and on--the reality is there's so much to be thankful for all year round. My life may not be a fairytale, however, I appreciate both the fantastical moments and realistic circumstances.

• edited July 2020

So far the year sucks big giant dangly bits . However I am thankful that I have still maintained employment despite the pandemic , and I am thankful that though there have been some egregious social injustices , it has sparked serious conversations about equality, justice , and change. I am a fan of rebellion , and it starts with an idea that changes minds and changes actions . I am starting to see drips and drabs of that slowly working it's way into the mainstream.

• Ask me again after Nov. 3rd.

• edited July 2020

I'm thankful I have a job I can do from home so there has been no interruption in my employment. I'm aware that many people have not been so lucky.

• @cuddlebugTM I agree wholeheartedly ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

• [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)

There is still life and something to muse about in a year of turmoil and drastic long term change.

The landscape that is called life and livity will never be the same as it was lived back in 2017 when this thread originally posted.

Every breath I take in 2020 is one of sheer and absolute gratitude for just being able to breathe. For just being able to chew my food without pain all over my head and face. And worrying about choking and losing my breath.

Everything I touch I pay mindful attention to as I wash my hands and watch where I put them.

And yes I'm very thankful I still have the opportunity to be paid for the above and beyond the call of duty work I do each and every day.

This has been a year of many unthinkables. But it is a year I remind myself that my humanity is worth as much as I allow myself to think it is worth. Regardless of what others deem it is.

And that privilege of choosing to just be, to make decisions about what is good for my health and wealth and wellness is one I'm still eternally grateful for. One that I treasure as perhaps my best protection in the normals that currently exist today in the year 2020.

• @UKGuy - same here. I think my supervisor is a little disturbed at how well her people are functioning working from home, without being directly under her thumb. To be fair, whole days have gone by in the office where she didn't even set foot in our cubes, but she's always felt uneasy about not having us right there.

• [Deleted User]Softsupport (deleted user)

Iโ€™m thankful for the body I have. Far from perfect but alive and well to do whatever I want.
    Also for the relationships I have with family. We donโ€™t just love each other but really like each other๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ