Friendship with clients

I was wondering if any professionals spend (unpaid) time with their clients outside of cuddle sessions, just as friends?

As a client it wouldn't be an issue for me (I can happily pay a friend for a service!). But my impression from the forums is that professionals would prefer to keep things, well, professional.

Comments

• I am friends with quite a few paid cuddlers on here. Though they all live out of state I have met a few. We were already pretty good friends and kept in contact prior to meeting so it wasn't like a paid cuddle session or anything. In fact not much in the way of cuddling really went on, I assume because since we were hanging as friends they weren't in performance mode and honestly, if you are cuddling for a living or as a side hustle you probably don't want to necessarily be doing that on your off time lol. I have only seen one paid cuddler, had two sessions. Even after cuddling we hung out for several hours after, just to talk and goof off etc. And we still kept in touch for a while via text and talked about going out for some food or to an atheism meet up in our area, but just kinda lost touch.

• I do. My regular clients have become friends. We text pretty much daily and we do hang out. I have one that I am particularly close to. He comes for a 3 hour cuddle every week. We do hang out when time permits. But I do maintain our mutual boundaries. I'm happy to go out for a meal or do something fun but I will not cuddle off the clock, so to speak. They know this and are more than ok with it.

• I do have a few Pro cuddlers that I consider friends and would say they feel the same. I've spent some time with them outside of cuddling and occasionally talk or text them to see how their day is or what they are up to for the weekend, but most of them live out of town or out of state though so it isn't very often I see them in person. We do make sure that in keeping with the terms of the site that any plans for cuddling go through here though.

• @pmvines Those are some nice friendships.

@Scarlette That sounds perfect. I have a lot of admiration for you from all your posts!

@reurbo "We do make sure that in keeping with the terms of the site that any plans for cuddling go through here though"

If you ended up cuddling spontaneously, I guess you could go through the site retrospectively?

• One of the pros has become one of my closest friends. We have a cuddle session maybe once a month but we also text back and forth all the time and hang out in person usually once a week. We go out for coffee or lunch. When we hang out, we don’t “cuddle” but there’s a lot of physical contact. I really love her friendship, she’s amazing and we really click. I have quite a few other pros on social media and text them on ocassion but the one I talked about above is the closest I’ve become with.

• edited December 2017

I prefer to keep things professional. To me, it makes my time with each person more special. since time spent with them is only for cuddling purposes, my assosiation will also always be cuddle related so It feels like a different type of friendship, where you really have to embrace the moment. which I really enjoy.

Outside of sessions but I do try to text or message my cuddle buddies regularly. I genuinly dont make much time for friends in general actually most of the little bit of free time I have goes into self care.
    But I really I do feel very close to a lot of my cuddle buddies though and would consider them friends, reguardless of having a differnet type of friendship and not being able to provide free hang outs:)

• I haven't had the opportunity yet, but I would be open to it.

• [Deleted User]RScarf1 (deleted user)

I did spend unpaid time with a cuddler, but just twice. She preferred to hang out with her friends or I should say her friends would persuade her to be with them.

• @respectful Maybe I'm an exception to the rule but I do spend unpaid time with several of my clients. I have a VIP client that I see about 3 times a week for 3 hr. Cuddles. Every time he comes over he brings a bottle of wine and we sit and laugh and talk for 2 hrs (unpaid) before we cuddle (paid). From a business standpoint, it's just good business practice. Considering, he is spending $2,000/month on my cuddles he has earned some extra time. That being said, he has become my best friend. We hang out all the time and text or talk all day. Aside from my family, he is my favorite person in the world. We have achieved this really good balance and we both cherish it. However, this is a unique situation. Ultimately, it's up to the pro if they want to socialize off the clock.

• @Scarlette that’s pretty awesome. How do you deal with that income with the IRS? Do you get a 1099 or do you have a business license? I was paid on a 1099 in the past and didn’t pay my taxes on my income till the end of the year and boy did I have to pay a lot in taxes. If I ever do that again I’m going to pay as I go.

• [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)

I hear you on that Morph. You really need to make quarterly payments or year end is brutal.

• I consider all of my clients to be dear friends. Though self-care and life balance are top priorities for me, so spending time outside of sessions would be rare though I'm not opposed to it. I will often invite clients to my events and art shows. That is always fun. :3

• @Scarlette that’s pretty awesome. How do you deal with that income with the IRS? Do you get a 1099 or do you have a business license? I was paid on a 1099 in the past and didn’t pay my taxes on my income till the end of the year and boy did I have to pay a lot in taxes. If I ever do that again I’m going to pay as I go.

Let’s be real many tax evaders are on this site. The site is a middleman only.

• Some clients are hoping for more of a girlfriend type experience. Not necessarily sexual or even romantic , but the same kind of instant comfort level and intimacy you would have with a girlfriend. So I would imagine this can make it difficult for a pro to be friends with a client cus of the potential for blurring of roles and boundaries. I would say if the client is less inclined to be seeking this type of cuddle experience and is clear about expectations and has emotional insight to not make a cuddle session more than what it is , it would probably be easier for a pro to be friends with you . Just my take .