Appointments?

edited January 2018 in General

Hi friends! I'm new to the site and think it's a great idea, however I've had a number of people contact me and in the first message they request to "schedule an appointment" or something like that.

I'm confused because that seems like they think I'm a professional cuddler?? (which I am not). It also seems to go against the suggested etiquette of approaching people in a low-key, casual way, rather than "cutting straight to the chase ".

Can someone please explain this phenomenon to me? Is it a commonly accepted term that I'm just not familiar with? I tried to do a search but couldn't figure out how to on my mobile.

Thank you!

Comments

• Hi @AngelinPerson and welcome to the site! I used to get messages like that sometimes when I was an enthusiast, and I did not like that approach. Just because there is suggested etiquette doesn't mean everyone has gone through the reference material on this site and read it. I even had it on my profile when I was an enthusiast that I would only cuddle people who had taken the time to get to know me first. Not everyone used to even take the time to read my entire profile, or perhaps not read it at all, and I still received messages like that. That can be your way of screening out people with whom you think you are not compatible.

• That's really not the best way to approach a pro either. The worst has to be a first message that says "How much"?! Ugh...

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)
    edited January 2018

@ BlueIris Are you saying that there are guys out there that actually read your profile and then ignored what you said about how you would like to engage with new people? Nothing unusual about that. From my experience with Craigslist and various dating sites, in general, men either do not read to the end of a profile or post, or they just don’t care. Post that you will only meet left-handed men, and get ready for notes that begin , “I’m right-handed, but...”
    I realize that this is an over-generalization, but the anecdotal evidence supports it.

• To advertise on Craigslist definitely means you need to have patience, a thick skin and a twisted sense of humor! I happen to have all of those. @Greybeard you are so right! My ad absolutely states PLATONIC / NON-SEXUAL over and over. I always get those responses that say "I know it platonic BUT you're really going to like me...BUT we are both consenting adults....BUT nature just might take over.... blah, blah, blah. They all think that they will be THE ONE that's just going to do it for me. Not happening, Pal!

• @Greybeard xD Your post made me giggle... "I'm right-handed, but..." reminds me of more than a few past encounters. :p

• @Greybeard I figured that out in short order when I was on dating sites. :)

It makes the guy a standout who says something in his message that makes it clear he has actually read your profile to the very end.

• [Deleted User]SexyBrit (deleted user)

Reminds me of those tests at school where they had 100 questions to do in 10 minutes. You were advised to read them all before and if you did question 100 tells you to put your name on the top of the paper and do nothing else.

Perhaps you could put a code word at the end of your profile to be included in their first message lol

• @SexyBrit - That's a really good idea!

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

@Scarlette "The worst has to be a first message that says "How much"?! Ugh..."

HAHAHA! Where's my 'like' button?

• I personally prefer when someone is clear and direct when wanting to book, but I am here as a pro. I could see how new visitors could be easily confused because we're all mixed in here together. I think it would be a brilliant move to have a more clear way of separating things out here. Creating two separate pages might be worth considering. One for cuddle buddy connections, another section featuring professional cuddlers exclusively for those who want to go that route... Just a thought.

• there is a filter for pro, non-pro, and either when you search for people. Is it hard to notice maybe?

• I'm with chococuddles! There are so many times I want to hit a 'like' button, but it just seems silly to say me too.
    <3 Jim