Pet peeves

Although pet peeves generally annoy us, maybe we can find some humor in this. What are some of your pet peeves?

Comments

• One of my pet peeves is when someone takes forever to text you back. For example, I text someone like two weeks ago about something and they barely replied today lol Seriously? Why even reply at that point lol

• [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    edited February 2018

People not knowing the difference between your and you're.

• [Deleted User]curiousgeorge1 (deleted user)

The word pet peeve. I mean peeves seem to always be domesticated. Lol

• I don't have a pet peeve, in the sense that there is ONE type of behavior that comes to mind that routinely ticks me off or annoys me about other people. Hmmm. . . . maybe means I'm not interacting enough with others :D

If I get annoyed or ticked off, though, I usually try to figure out what is going on inside of me, that is causing my disturbance. It's the old spiritual axiom; "If I am disturbed, . . . . 'I AM DISTURBED . . . "

Too often, we make it about others; where you trip or stumble, that is where the gold lies. . .

• I hate hot sticky breath on my neck from a stranger lol like I really got to get to know a peraon before they can go breathing all hard on me lol. I also hatehatehate my belly button being touched. And crumbs on the freaking bed, swipe them off! Lol

• Being licked. Also, being ghosted. It's a new concept in the dating world for me and I think it's the most disrespectful thing that you can do. If you change your mind about something fine, just tell the person so they aren't sitting around waiting trying to figure out what happened. For me personally I'm a woman of my world, you can bet money on it, if something happens that would prevent me from doing what I said that I would the other person would know as soon as I did.

• Being licked? lol Are you talking in a session or people randomly licking you? Lolol

• @Brandi I’m imagining Darth Vader’s heavy breathing on your neck and you getting all mad like seriously Vader???

• @o0ashley Yeah, I heard about ghosting. I have a gf who was ghosted by a man she lived with for 5 years. One day, he and everything was just gone without a trace. That's an extreme example of ghosting, but, yeah, it's a thing these days, and not respectful and just pretty despicable. I wouldn't call that a pet peeve, I would say that's a psycho move and close to criminal . . .

• Like someone randomly licking. My son will come up and lick my arm sometimes cause he thinks my reaction is funny

• Haha that’s hilarious :-)

• No its not!!! lol!!

• @Morpheus omg if it happened in a session that would be my nightmare! I'd be running out the door for sure. No take backs after licking. lol

@o0ashley it is kind of funny your kid messes with you though

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Agree with @Alternis.

You're in your prime.

They're over there by the campfire singing their favorite songs.

I'm going to the game too.

My painful three.

• [Deleted User]Greybeard (deleted user)

@Alternis @chococuddles The mind is a funny thing. I know very well the two-to-too, their-there-they’re, and your-you’re usages. But in quick keyboarding, I’ll use the wrong one. If I don’t proofread, as often I don’t it makes me look like an ignoramus. I’m blaming it on brain short-out, but it could also be auto-correct. I shut-off predictive typing on my iPad, but I still think I need spell-check.

• [Deleted User]SJSpooner (deleted user)

Improper use of apostrophes. No, it is not "how many Latino's voted for the current president? "

Or my favorite (most cringeworthy), a sign on a shop I used to pass every day on my way to work - All Star Donut's... ummmm... what? Whose donuts???

Drove me insane! No, I never ate their donuts. Wanted to climb on the roof and tear down that sign though. ;-)

• @SJSpooner Lol! There was a sign at a fruit shop saying "Peach's" that my brain always tried to make sense out of ...

• Sad part is word will try to correct them incorrectly a lot of the time.

• "u" "y" "k" etc. :#

Eye Sea Uwe

• Drivers who don't pull fully into the intersection when making a left turn, preventing the car behind them from entering the intersection, thus making them wait for the next light. Slow drivers right beside each other not letting anyone pass. Drivers cutting corners. Drivers who show no consideration at all for other drivers. Drivers doing other idiotic things.
    Learn to drive, be aware of what is going on around you, and HAVE SOME COMMON CURTESY! Yes, I know it is all driving related, but those are my strongest pet peeves.
    <3 Jim

• @I_am_Polylover Just to add to that list, people driving 20 on a 50mph range and people who use 2 parking spots instead of one. :-)

People who don't put up the items separation bar in the checkout line.

You see me. Acknowledge me. Have some common decency.

This happened today.

I wanted to tackle the guy so bad as he walked away and place the bar in his face.

"Do you know what this is? Do you know how to use it? Let me show you how."

• People who drive slow in the fast lane !!! If you aren’t going 80 move to the right

^^ Leadfoot. ;)

• My boss says "mind bottling" instead of "mind boggling". I cringe each time.

I agree with the licking thing. I hate when people lick my ear. -_-

• Haha. "No licky the ladies"