Delete inactive profiles suggestion

[Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
Wouldn't it be a good idea to delete profiles that haven't been active for over a year? The users would get a warning through email that their profiles will get deleted in 90 days unless they log on. This in theory could make CC more active with less inactive profiles. It seems like most people come here to create a profile only to abandon it later. I say we remind them why they created a profile in the first place.

Comments

• I'm not sure I like that idea... Think about it, you find a cuddle partner (or two or three) and things go well for several months, and then you're too busy with a new job, and only after you come back to the site. It's nice to have a place to return to.
  • [Deleted User]SnuggleSymmetry (deleted user)
    Some of these profiles have been abandoned for over a year. I only suggest a little warning for them.
  • Maybe just not show them in search results? You can hide them under the link "show me inactive profiles" or something. 

You can't force anyone to be active... If my profile is deleted, I can always create a new one later, but there's less chance of me doing that than coming back after a big break.

if I'm not active but someone decides to send me a message that comes to my mailbox, that is more compelling to check in on it than any reminders or warnings.
  • however... How about we get a notification when a thread we started on the forum gets replied to, or if we are mentioned by name :) there's more chance of people browsing through the forum and replying to old threads. (Although, granted, only a fraction participates in the forum, so maybe it's not worth the effort)
    I like hiding them under inactive profiles.
  • On other hand... They are sorted by "last online" in search results, and so it's pretty easy to ignore "inactive" profiles by one's own definition (for some it'll be a month, and for some a year)
  • i agree with deleting ones that have been offline for a year. Anyone who makes a profile and then dosent come back to it for that long clearly has no interest.
  •  notice email of inactivity at one year of no activity, no response then discontinue
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    Snuggle, I think that is a great idea. Perhaps an option to search  by last date of activity.
  • @bluestripes "How about we get a notification when a thread we started on the forum"

Just click the star next to a thread you want email updates for.

• @Mark so that's what the stars are for! Makes total sense, thanks!

Can we also choose to get notified when we are specifically mentioned? (Like how I mentioned you at the beginning of this comment)
    I just noticed an inactive profile that hasn't been logged on in two years. This is why sending warnings is a good idea.
  • I've been on facebook long enough to have fb friends that have been deceased a while.
    It's kind of like a virtual afterlife.
  • You have to contact FB and tell them you are dead,
  • @docgatorb Someday, many years from now, I'm going to contact FB as a ghost, just to add a little excitement to their day. I also want to come back and freak people out by doing some of their chores for them. They will look around and wonder how the laundry got folded when they can't see anyone else there. lol

I like the idea of deactivating someone's profile if they've been inactive for over a year. This way, they would still have the option of coming back and reactivating their old profile. It would also be great to give people the option of deactivating their own profile when they know they aren't currently looking for a cuddle buddy. I'm not sure how much work that would be. I know Mark has put A LOT of hard work into this website already, which we appreciate. :-)

• My biggest fear is that medicine is making so many breakthroughs that they might not let me die.What if the afterlife is really cool?
  • @docgatorb  I know. We're going to live forever. Plus, my family lives a long time as it is. If I reach 100, I might just decide that I don't need all that modern medicine anymore.