Openness of different cities, towns

I'm from Philadelphia. In this city, of brotherly love, when you are in a subway, if you brush up against someone accidentally or if you initiate a conversation, especially male-to-female, you will likely see the other person grasp their handbag closer to their body. When I rode the buses in San Francisco, people would greet me as I got on the bus and start conversation. When I was in Chicago, in the 'rough' part of town, people would sit next to me and start conversation. It always struck me that each city had a different atmosphere of openness.  So, I was wondering about other cities and towns and if people could give their impression of areas where they have lived or traveled.

Comments

• Now. Cuddlecomfort is like a little town. Kept up, nice and neat,but a little spooky. You're in a park, you see a bench, you go over and sit down and the woman at the other end of the bench gets up suddenly and scurries away, you meet a stranger, you strike up a conversation. they seem friendly enough, you look away for second and they vanish, just when the conversation was getting good. Kinda spooks ya. One of the few cities crying for more people, not crowded. I thought that I was just passing through, but I keep stayin'. Now I kinda like it here. What's it like, over your way?
  • Very well put docgatorb! A good description of the town of Cuddlecomfort. Is it possible that most of the residents in this town have been living that way in their old towns and knew something was missing so decided to move here on report that there is a whole town built on close human connection. However when they arrived behold they found 'themselves' tagged along and 'themselves' relates to neighbors here in this new town just the way it used to relate to neighbors back in the old town! What a disapointment! Now what do they do?
  • [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    Canberra, the town where I live, tends to be a fairly private and reserved city compared to other parts of Australia. Having said that, it does have more of a small town feel, so I'm more likely to bump into people I know when I'm out and about - which brings more of a sense of community.
  • I like this CC town. It has its intelligentia, its workers, its creepy and its loving people. 
    I like the assertive and caring women just like in my geographical city.
    I feel more like a student here than anything else.
    I realize that I hunger for candidness as much as I do touch.
    Maybe because it is  the touching of minds.
    For example, I never knew that there were so many asexual, bisexual and agnostic women. I didn't realize that so many women were ambivalent about having children. Maybe growing up in the south gave me a more narrow perspective.
    I like it here.