Enthusiasts Who Expect Too Much for Too Little

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]ivlegend (deleted user)

Great post ! In my personal experience I have learned a lot from prof cuddlers. I will recommend every one to at least have couple of sessions with a prof.
    Also prof put a lot of time and energy and they deserve to be fairly compensated.
    Cuddle to all:)

• @AndiCuddles what a great post! I got involved in cuddling around the same time as you. I had to leave a job I loved due to physical restrictions that developed. I held my position for 22 years, so it was not an easy decision. After so much time being dedicated to something I loved, I had been a bit spoiled in the professional dept......so I had to find something else that I would love! I had read an article about cuddling about a year ago...and fortunately for me, I remembered and this started my research and then my new profession.

This job has granted me new friends and a definite satisfaction in what I do. I have a need to help people. Being a pro, allows me to do that in more ways than I ever anticipated! It is incredibly rewarding when a client who needs stress relief falls asleep in my arms. It is not an easy job. There is so much behind the scenes, and I am grateful that you put it out there!

In any case, bravo! Such a well thought out and eloquent post!

• edited August 2018

I agree with @vernnyc. A cuddle party was sort of my introduction into this community, and I did really appreciate the consent and boundaries workshop. :)

And it is strange getting messages from users with no bio (especially when it's abundantly clear that they hardly read mine). I can totally understand not having a public photo upfront, but most of the time if I get something like "Hey, what's up?" from someone without a bio, I'm probably not gonna answer.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

These topics are brought up time and time again.

And Pro's try to thoroughly explain them time and time again.

Pretty sure everyone has their mind made up either way but I think it's a healthy, positive way to express oneself.

Tho I do remember some guy telling me he hates it when Pro's try explain these issues and that all it does is piss him off. "They think we don't know this shit? Like they're telling us something we don't know?!" I think he's banned now. Shocker.

As you were. tips top hat and scuddles off

• Tho I do remember some guy telling me he hates it when Pro's try explain these issues and that all it does is piss him off. "They think we don't know this shit? Like they're telling us something we don't know?!" I think he's banned now. Shocker.

Haha, he’s the type who probably needs the explanation the most. ?

• @AndiCuddles

"It’s sort-of magical.

(Again, not trying for a hard sell. But, even for me, it’s different than I thought it would be. It really transcends any ideas of what I thought it’d be like before I did it.)"

I use the term "magic" all the time when I get into a passionate speech about the power of touch and connection. It really is amazing. What you said in parentheses is also pretty much exactly my own experience as well. Feeling that connection and seeing the affect of that magical connection on my clients is what makes this work so absolutely amazing =) I LOVE my job! =D So much better than sitting in a cube all day not talking to anyone O:-)

• @respectful My favorite cuddle regulars get that kind of attention. I can relate.

• Wonderful post, thank you for sharing your thoughts, and speaking on behalf of a lot of the pros here <3<3 love and light to you!!!

• @tarasloth I just left a career of 27 years, almost 23 in Surgical Intensive Care and 4+ in Behavioral Health and then a few months in Drug and Alcohol. It has been very difficult transitioning from a professional role working with colleagues and working with patients every day to no social interaction until you have a Cuddle. Its a very difficult transitioning from a position you earned, you were passionate about, but burned out and start fresh into a whole new world.