Cuddle Comfort Radio (What are you listening to?)

edited February 2019 in General

As the title suggests, this is a place to share and discuss music.

To my knowledge, the last moderately-successful music-oriented thread was entitled “Please Leave”. Several people took issue with that title before the post faded into obscurity—some said it was stressful, and I think most would agree that it didn’t come close to encapsulating what the post was actually about.

So, here we are. I’ll kick things off with “Let it Go”, by Curve.

What are you listening to, dear reader?

Comments

• I actually liked the various interpretations on the "Please Leave," @hogboblin . ;) Thanks for reviving a cool topic.

I'm stuck on Delerium, particularly "The Way You Want it to Be."

https://youtu.be/np732cz-vWE

• I adore the band Air for cuddling sessions

• @Sideon

I liked “Please Leave” a good amount, too. And I thank you for sharing “The Way You Want it to Be”. I’d never heard of Delerium before.

• Honestly, this was what I woke up humming to. I don't know why since its been a year since I've seen the movie.

• I ran across an article recently of what Rolling Stone listed as the top 100 albums of to 90s. I then found the same article for the 80s. I was a bit surprised at the list so I’ve been going through and listening to some of the top tens for each decade. That Spotify subscription is definitely worth it.

• Rolling Stone has been gathering moss for decades.

• 89.9 All Classical Radio.

It's actually primarily donation based radio station, which is great, because you have absolutely no annoying talk show hosts or ads. I donate to it monthly myself. You can listen free online and I have the app as well.

• Jeff Buckley's cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

• [Deleted User]daylightsdream (deleted user)

@pmvines ::guh!:: so good.

Erasure - Amazon will play through Pop! and The Innocents when one just hits play on the artist. Abba-Esque is another of my faves of theirs.

• @daylightsdream I am a lover of all music. I can easily go back and forth all day long between Jeff Buckley, Impaled Nazarene, Ramones, Peter Tosh, Joy Division, Ice Tea, B 52's, and Merle Haggard

• @pmvines that whole Grace album is heavenly smooth and soulful. We lost him too soon.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

As a fan of music pulled straight out of fiction, I like the Song of Durin (as performed by Clamavi De Profundis).

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

I also like "Advice to Young Magicians" and "Azathoth." I wear my dork hat proudly!

• @FunCartel That man was gifted, knew how to give chills the world over

• ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

• @cuddlebestie Adequate cover but nothing quite compares to the original in my opinion. It really meant something to Lennon when he wrote it, and it shines through in his recording.

• [Deleted User]daylightsdream (deleted user)

@pmvines I'm with you there. If it moves me, it works for me. I had someone walk up to me at work and ask, "Do you do any self reflection?" Inside my answer was, "BBBWWAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHA!ALLTHETIMEGIGGLESNORTOMG!" My reply to this person was, "I do, indeed." Their reply was, "Listen to some Miles Davis. Start with his early works and work right through them." So, some Davis, a little Erasure, the soundtracks to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Annie, Grease, and Into The Woods (Bernadette Peters version), what Monkees I could find (the files didn't transfer well to my new phone), some Manhattan Transfer, and some odds and ends like "Buttons and Bows," "American Pie," and "Take Me to Church," I even saw that "faded sign at the side of the road" and you have my soundtrack to this past Tuesday's night at work. I didn't play my "Happy Cry/What A Wonderful World" playlist with songs from -James Brown, OK Go, Lois Armstrong, Macy Gray, Sly and The Family Stone, Peter Gabriel, Ohio Players, The Association, Natalie Merchant, and on- because they think I'm a big enough wack-a-do as it is and having me smiling, singing and crying all at once would, I think, just be a little too much for most to handle. So, yep, I'm with you in the "whatever works" category.

@hogboblin I'm bad at being moved out of my musical comfort zone and usually get new music suggestions from coworkers. I'm glad you re-upped this thread. Thank you.

• After going to the Cruxshadows show this past Sunday in DC, and even before then honestly, I've been listening to them a lot. Love the entire band, wonderful people all of them.

• @daylightsdream Ah, musical junkie are ya? I took a good friend to see sound of music at christmas this year, stellar performance! I also really like the soundtracks for fiddler on the roof, 7 brides for 7 brothers, and strangely enough, cats, of which i have also seen live. Also been to see grease,the rockettes christmas spectacular at radio city music call, as well as a couple other not so well known musicals. Also been to blue man group a couple of times and stomp. All great music. My heart always will lean more toward the heavier end of the spectrum, but you cant be listening to that stuff all the time, need a little variety

• Lolina - The River
    Tirzah - Devotion ft. Coby Sey
    Yaeji - One More
    Sheck Wes – Wanted
    Jessica Pratt - This Time Around
    Noname – Self
    Boygenius – Souvenir
    Kacey Musgraves - Slow Burn
    Faithless Love - Linda Ronstadt
    Nick Drake - Cello Song
    Westerman – Confirmation
    Natalie Evans – New Year
    My Bloody Valentine – Sometimes
    Broadcast - Come On Let's Go
    Tom Waits – Ol’ 55
    The Boswell Sisters – Got the South in My Soul

• I am falling in love with Carole King. What a brilliant, brilliant songwriter.

• Music is a very personal thing and I don't expect anyone else to appreciate my choices:

• When I cuddle I like to get my mind into a meditative state. So I choose music that doesn’t jerk my attention away from the experience at hand. I made a playlist that i’ll share in the following post. Also, this Broken Bells album is perfect:

• Do true crime podcasts count? Because I'm usually listening to someone dryly relay the facts of a murder or missing person case while I doze off.

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)

Never knew "several people" took offense to the title "Please Leave".

Tho the "switcharoo" was kind of the plan.

Love,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Rabble-Rouser.