Cuddle Events

edited January 2017 in General
I'm realizing that many people on this site, including pros, have never attended a facilitated group cuddle event like cuddle party. That's how I got started so I'm curious to hear from people about their thoughts on cuddle events vs individual cuddles.

Have you been to a cuddle party before? What was your experience like and what do you think the benefits are vs individual cuddles? If you haven't been to a cuddle event before, would you be interested in attending one? What would you want to experience?

Comments

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    I've never attended a cuddle party before but quite curious.  Is it one big group cuddle? Is there individual cuddling?  Small groups? I think it would be interesting(and kind of fun) to have a speed-cuddle experience.  Cuddle with people for about 10 minutes and then a group cuddle. 

Please share your experiences with these group cuddling parties.  I'm all atwitter.
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    @chococuddles....rotating cuddle partners is what I have in mind for our San Diego gathering.  That way people can have the pleasure of different experiences:-)  And yes, it will be free!
  • [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    Oh Rotating Cuddle Parties, where have you been all my life!!!

LA and San Diego gatherings with two amazingly generous hosts.

Many thanks and warm vibes @aaronchi and @floweroflife!

*practices cuddle skills on pillow so he doesn't embarrass himself at the parties*
  • I would Love to attend those!!! It seems safer!!!!
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I'm not quite sure how I would feel. I've heard stories where people have gone and no one will cuddle with them. That sounds horribly sad. 
  • How sad.

Why wouldn't they cuddle?  I mean I can see if there was two guys left and they didn't cuddle with everyone, but if they rotate partners then there shouldn't be a problem.

Or were you guys talking about rotation of locations?

I would still go even if no one would cuddle with me.  Just to show cuddle support. 8)
  • That does sound sad, but some people go in order to learn how to say no. The facilitator will sometimes fill the gap. Others should take the opportunity to learn how to accept no. Think of it this way, no one will simply ignore a request like it's done online.
  • That could be a very useful way to look at it docgatorb, if that were to happen. Useful outside a cuddling context too. Be interesting to hear how the event goes.
  • @docgatorb

That is a good point.  Didn't think of it that way.
  • @RbeforeE: Don't let your anxiety get in the way, of the two Cuddle Parties that I have attended, nobody was a wall flower, although anyone was free to be one if that was their comfort zone. The role and the experience of the facilitator adds considerably to the success of the get together so be selective.
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    I don't cuddle guys, but I'd cuddle you if nobody else would, @Morpheus !! And I'm only saying this because I know every girl would cuddle you first.

But honestly... it's not homophobia, but I've never done a cuddle puddle because I have a fear of being judged for only cuddling women. I hug everyone always... Big hugger... But laying and cuddling with a dude just makes me not relaxed. It's a similar feeling exchanging money for cuddles, it just ruins the internal comfort level so I avoid it.

I have other concerns as well, but that's the main fear. Am I off the mark at how these things work or what?
  • I don't know if there is a way to accurately name the issue at hand, but it may go back to childhood and how your raised, the environment, views by others, etc..

I for one have a deep seated feeling that cuddling with a woman is more beneficial, but that could just be the fact that mostly women in my life have actually cared enough to help, comfort, ect.. when I needed it.  Where as guys have just been "Hey dude what's up.  cool. talk to you later.  Like there is some unspoken script. lol.

• [Deleted User]Sunflowerfield (deleted user)
    I'm curious about the idea of cuddle parties, but to be honest I'm afraid they might attract creepy people that I don't want to cuddle with... and it could get awkward really easily. I'd be happy to invite a few good friends over for a private cuddle party, though.
  • Creepy people - well that being a possibility no matter where you go or what you do.  The word
    "No" seems to work in these instances and having a facilitator there reaffirms the choice.

Yeah, I think I would participate if it was a well-organised event - e.g. I've read that those run by the Cuddle Party company have big talks beforehand about boundaries and consent, to ensure no one feels pressured or coerced to cuddle anyone they don't want to.
    I will say that after running two platonic cuddling groups on Facebook, it does attract quite a few creepy people. I still meet up with people as cuddle buddies, but only if I think they are safe and there for the right reasons (i.e. not just looking for a date or hookup).
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    @jeff53 I don't think not wanting or feeling comfortable cuddling with the same sex is an "issue" or a "bad thing."  It's a preference. There's nothing wrong with you or me or anyone for feeling comfortable with the opposite sex rather than the same sex. Same if you only cuddle bigger bodied people, or thin people, or tall people, or a certain race but not other races... everyone always wants to label these preferences something derogatory or something that needs to be fixed because how dare you? Naw, it's just preferences. Yes, most will most likely be from nurture rather than nature... but hey, we are who we are. As long as nobody is getting hurt, believe what you want and be comfortable :)

• [Deleted User]cuddlistx (deleted user)
    We have some good cuddle parties if anyone's in Chicago.  Just look on Meetup.
  • [Deleted User]Victoria92 (deleted user)
    I've never been to an official cuddle party but I totally have had cuddle parties with my friends! We all just laid around my living room cuddling and chatting. >< LOL I would be interested in going to one. It seems like it would be a happy and calm place to be.
  • I have not been to an actual cuddle party, but have been to a meetup about consent as it is used at cuddle parties.  No actual cuddles were involved but we did have a lot of hugging going on, having gotten consent first.  Most of the cuddle parties are in the West LA/Santa Monica area, which is pretty far from me in Pasadena, and most cost a minimum of $15.  I was planning on attending a free one that was to be held on the 11th in the Highland Park area (much closer to me), but then they changed the date to the 12th, and I can't go that day. :-(
  • Dear All, I have lerned so much being on this site and this thread is an example of that, I have been to quite a few cuddle parties in many different parts of the world, Cuddle club (area held but USA) some platonic cuddling but mainly an orgy with paid players, not what I was looking for and gives a very bad name.
    Uk 4 gatherings all reasonable but wall flowers yes and age a major, most were Vicenrian's or teenagers, the facilitator makes the gathering and that is a real job, I managed to talk, to some of the facilitators, explaining how we so need a gathering in NZ and all were very helpful, giving contacts so I can talk as things progressed.
    I have and am trying to get to a gathering in Australia to see how they make it work.
    All for now John Auckland NZ
  • I went to my first cuddle party a little while ago and immediately decided that I was going to be coming to cuddle party facilitator.  Because of the training that you get through "cuddle party"  it's expensive but you get to use their sites and continue with training or talk to a whole bunch of different people if you have any questions.  If you have any concerns about whether or not to go to a cuddle party make sure that it is actually the cuddle party brand. The one I went to was $25 but they spent an hour on explaining all of the rules and then had everyone practice them after each role was explained.  It was so amazing that a father had even brought his daughter because he wanted her to experience it.  She was grinning from ear to ear at the end.  If anyone is making anyone else uncomfortable you simply mention it to the facilitator and they take care of it. If you are unhappy with anything for any reason you also simply mention it to the facilitator and if they can do anything about it or change it for next time they will!  The facilitator is key!  You never have to do, say or touch anyone you don't want to! The main point is for it to be a safe place!  But seriously! When I got out of the cuddle party I had so much oxytocin running through my body that I felt like I had done some kind of drug!  They recommend that you chill out for a little while with no cuddling so that you aren't so relaxed that you end up getting into an accident. LOL  To be honest, I can't wait until my next one!  I, however, will never do a cuddle party that isn't a "cuddle party". The training of the facilitators apparently makes all the difference!   If anybody has any specific questions that they don't want to post in this forum you can feel free to send me a message.  I'll answer them as best I can with what I know so far.  HUGE HUG!!!! 
  • What you describe sounds the same as Cuddle Sanctuary in LA, but the price is $20 instead of $25.
  • @I_am_Polylover. Dear Jim would you happen to have the contact of Cuddle Sanctuary.
    John Auckland NZ,
  • Every cuddle facilitator is allowed to charge whatever they want I think. Not entirely sure on that but I believe so. 
  • You can contact Cuddle Sanctuary at Support@CuddleSanctuary.com. They also have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/cuddlesanctuary/. Tell Jean or Fei that I referred you.
  • I forgot to add that Cuddle Sanctuary also has a Meetup Group.
  • Thank you Jim, I have started the process of contact and viewing the sites.
    The trees and john, NZ
  • Who's been to an UK one?

• [Deleted User]VIPirate (deleted user)

I've been to a small one here in Maryland, organized by a professional. We had another professional there as well as a few others. And a kitten! Can't forget the adorable little orange guy who made my lap his preferred kitty bed. :) No money was exchanged. It was just a nice, casual gathering with food and good conversation. The cuddles were quite nice as well, as one might expect. I'm not sure if there will be another anytime soon, but that's more about life getting in the way than lack of desire. I think the main benefit, for me, was just the camaraderie of a modest group setting. Getting to know everyone was a joy. Should you occasionally feel nervous in groups, as I sometimes do, it may be easier to open up when it's just you and someone else.