Christmas Eve/Day Plans

[Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)
edited December 2019 in General

What is everyone planning for the holidays? It is 45 and rainy where I am today... PERFECT cuddle weather but alas no one to cuddle... and I have to work. Tomorrow, Christmas Eve, is brunch with family and walking dogs at a local shelter in the afternoon. Christmas Day, I am staying in my pajamas all day, eating appetizers and drinking festive adult beverages, while watching Christmas movies. Quite honestly, I am excited about having a super low-key holiday and simply resting and being.

Comments

• [Deleted User]GentleMan58 (deleted user)

Similar here. Weather decent. No availability to cuddle close by. Will spend quiet time.

• I will be full-time relaxing, with 110% continuous effort, and no breaks.

• @2dogmom I work all day Christmas Eve until 7:00 and then I go to Christmas Eve service. No Christmas cuddling on that day for me either.

• edited December 2019

@2dogmom you’re getting the weather today that we had yesterday. Tomorrow I’ll be relaxing and hanging out , then Christmas Eve service. Then Christmas Day is immediate family and gifts, the hanging out and watching sports. Then maybe go later that night to look at more lights.

• Christmas Eve I’ll be celebrating my 30th birthday with my immediate family and opening one present. Christmas Day, the family and I will open gifts, watch The Nightmare Before Christmas (and other animated Christmas movies), have dinner and just relax.

• I'll be eating Chinese at Great Wall Christmas Eve and Christmas day go to my brothers house . Hopefully I'll sleep

• I will be stealing Christmas with my sleigh and pet dog.

• [Deleted User]creedhands (deleted user)

If it's anything like today, getting ghosted by another cuddler. At least this time I wasn't wandering around her town for an hour and a half after driving over an hour to meet her.

• [Deleted User]2dogmom (deleted user)

@geoff1000 I like 110% continuous effort... giving it your all. ;)

@ILikeWarmHugs I always sort of liked working on Christmas Eve when I was younger and worked retail. People were always cheerful for the most part and festive.

@adorable48 oooohhh light looking... but that means putting on shoes lol

@Pasion2 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

@pmvines Chinese will probably be dinner tomorrow night for me too... hope you get some rest boo.

@FunCartel I have no doubt.

• @2dogmom Thank you SO much and happy holidays to you!!!

• edited December 2019

I’m going to read my favorite Christmas story: “Oppressed In The Butt By My Inclusive Holiday Cups”, by Chuck Tingle.

Also: happy Hanukkah, you filthy gentiles.

• @hogboblin you never disappoint. <3 to you for no particular holiday reason, just because you black-light up my world with your dark humor.

• @hogboblin LOL. I bet you own a black dreidel with skulls on it.

• @FunCartel

Nah. I just eat chocolate gelt. And deface images of Jesus while hissing.

• edited December 2019

@2dogmom thanks! Last day off was over Thanksgiving .

• @Pasion2 Happy Birthday, everyone else Happy Christmas Eve. I'm settling in for 48 hours of turkey and egg nog. If I feel ambitious, I might even practice my hibernating.

Oh, the funny guys are here... smh

@hillbilly will that eggnog be spiked or no?

• @2dogmom try Sailor Jerry Rum. Egg nog will never be right without it again :-)

• Funny guys, scatter! The Fun Gestapo is here!

@hogboblin it is my thread... and "funny" was tongue in cheek... funny to some, not to all.

• @hobgoblin Hope your 8 Crazy Nights are the best yet- Happy Festivus to the rest of us :-)

• "funny" as in amusing, or as in strange ?

@geoff1000 well not amusing... at least to me

• @2dogmom
    Maybe the CC forum should come with an allergy warning, "Caution : May contain nuts".

• @2dogmom

I sincerely apologize for defiling the sacrosanctity of your thread.

• If everything goes according to plan, I'll be disappearing.

@hogboblin eyeroll ... bless your heart

• Once a thread is started, it is never “your” thread. It is the community’s at large.

• @FunCartel

Ssssh. Be careful, or you’ll disappear.

edited December 2019

@FunCartel maybe so but that doesn’t mean I have to appreciate the comments from everyone in the community esp when they mock the intent of the post. I just find it unfortunate you cannot block people and keep them from commenting on your threads.

This discussion has been locked.