Was It Strange Of Me To Do This?

edited March 2020 in General

Someone that I cuddled with a few days ago. Thought it would be good to let them know that I'm feeling ok and would update them again. It looks like they aren't even worried about it anyway. Feeling awkward now!

Comments

• Not strange.

• Why would that be strange?

• Being concerned for the wellbeing of someone you have enjoyably interacted with.
    Very unusual.

A man in the UK was recently jailed for rape, because he told his female ( short-term ) partner that he'd had a vasectomy, so she allowed him to go unprotected. The evidence that convicted him, was the text message that he sent her a few days later, saying he had lied.
    That, was strange.

• Just seems considerate

• Not really. But I do find it interesting that you were apparently worried that she wasn't worried about you being worried that she might be worried... 🤔

• If she has a lot of clients and they all update her once or twice a week, that could be quite a burden, especially since many people think they are entitled to a reply from every message.
    If you just had a plumber or electrician over to fix a problem, would you send them a similar message?
    I don't really believe in routinely telling people I'm ok unless a plane I was scheduled to be on crashed or there has been an earthquake, volcanic eruption, or tornado in my vicinity.

• For me, this would fall into the category of no news is good news. I would expect to hear from past cuddlers in the event they were ill.
    (Or if they wanted an encore).

• [Deleted User]IvanTokodol (deleted user)

Marked SAFE from anything bad that might come down the pike

• I think she is merely maintaining the pro/client distance. Announcing you will be updating her implied she is obligated to read and reply and/or you are stalkerish. No need to message at all other than to say thank you I had a wonderful time or I will look you up again next time in town. I think you would have been better off asking if she would like updates rather than telling her.

• There's no mention it was a pro, so why are people assuming that ?

• @geoff1000 no he has not stated or mentioned her being a pro.
    @NewGuy711 I would agree there was probably only a need to reach out unless you thought there was in issue. You wouldn't reach and say " By the way when we cuddled last week I didn't have a cold or the flu " people don't reach out to past partners " By the way when we slept together last week I didn't have any STD's " they would only do so if they found out the opposite after the fact. Same principle applies here. You basically updated her with no news.

• If she was not a pro then obviously she was underwhelmed by the original poster.

• You all make great points. Up until Friday I was at my job but we will be teleworking starting on Monday. So I've been around a lot of people. Just being a little paranoid maybe. Points taken.

• I'd think it considerate... But would not need / want updates 1-2/week...
    UNLESS the next day you had symptoms all of a sudden.

No news is good news ;)
    Some people just aren't worried AT ALL (and think this whole thing is just totally overblown).
    And some just come across a bit weird over messages. ;)

I wouldn't stress out about it

• In all honesty I might wonder why someone is choosing to tell me this after we meet

• Yea, again I get it. Just my nature too overthink things. I'm not going to reach out to them again.

• Hey, you gotta die of something.

• @geoff1000

A man in the UK was recently jailed for rape, because he told his female ( short-term ) partner that he'd had a vasectomy, so she allowed him to go unprotected. The evidence that convicted him, was the text message that he sent her a few days later, saying he had lied.
    That, was strange.

Please explain to me why you think that was strange. Sex must be consensual, otherwise it is rape. It sounds to me like the woman did not consent to the risk of pregnancy and the man intentionally - and with malicious intent - put her at risk by lying.

• @bekah_cuddles I can see your point. Would you then also agree that if a woman lies about being on birth control in order to get pregnant (for whatever reasons) that it should also be considered rape? Should the man then NOT be hit with child support and whatever other fees might be incurred?

• @bekah_cuddles
    I meant it was strange that the man would choose to do, the one thing that would cause him to be caught.

There was probably only a very small risk that the woman would become pregnant, so his only motivation in contacting her ( contrary to the OP ) was to cause her ( more ) psychological harm.

It would be like Lee Harvey Oswald, having evaded the Dallas police, to phone the Secret Service from the departure lounge as he was waiting for a flight to Cuba, explaining what he had done and where he was.

The man has been allowed leave to appeal, I hope only so that the judges can tell him, "Sorry. We misled you into thinking you had any chance of getting out."

Still, I'm sure he'll be getting plenty of sex for the next few years.

• @StoryDoctor1138
    There is an offence ( I think in France ) of non-consensual sex ( which would probably include deceit ), but rape specifically involves penetration.
    That might include for instance : a man pretending to be a woman using a toy ; or a woman with a toy pretending to be a man.

The French were looking to outlaw any act of deceit, including padded bras, but the government realised everyone at least always puts forward their best side.

• @bekah_cuddles
    P. S. My bad, I should have seen how my words could be read that way. I appreciate the opportunity to clarify.
    I was slightly misled by Berwick : being Maine, USA ; not -upon-Tweed, UK. ☹️ Still saving up for the Lear jet.

• @geoff1000 Thank you for taking the time to clarify.