The Self-Love Hippo πŸ¦›πŸ¦›πŸ¦›

What are yours?

Β«1

Comments

• I like my love for my fellow human beings, my endless desire to learn new things, and my quirky sense of humor.

• [Deleted User]SoftPetals (deleted user)

This is hard. As I am still learning about self love πŸ’”πŸ˜’

• [Deleted User]Mennahugs (deleted user)

I love this !!! I used to hate talking about myself, but after being quarantined, I learnt to love myself more! I love my caring heart, my taste of music and my diverse personality(Gemini problems) πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†

• The difficulty I feel is that characteristics can be assets or liabilities, depending on the circumstances.

A world-class sumo wrestler would make a poor jockey, and vice versa. A strong work ethic is bad during furlough, and being gregarious and tactile is bad during a quarantine. Being kind and generous makes one a "Good Samaritain" ; but risks being exploited by scammers, and suffering PTSD when not all of the victims of a situation can be saved. Some diseases are best beaten by a strong immune response ; but an over-reaction can be a problem, such as anaphylaxis.

As an Engineer, I know that the Swiss Army knife I have in my pocket, is more useful than the toolbox I left at home. Sometimes our greatest contribution to a situation, is to just be present ; like when asking "How are you ?", the important part is that the question has been asked.

• Introspection
    Empathy
    Job

• I love my family!
    I love my voice
    I love that I was born an extrovert πŸ’–

What about you?

• edited June 2020

Love is a strong word. But I do love me some hippos ! Cute little naked water monsters

• I love how quickly I forgive, my contgious laugh and that I'm self reliant. Who ever reads this, may you be happy.

• 3 things I like about me :
    1. I am gud at spelling
    2. I am gud at counting

1. How I can just quietly move away from people.
    2. How I don't intentionally bother anyone.
    3. How I try to stay out of everyone's way.
  • [Deleted User]Bles (deleted user)
    edited June 2020

The ability to adapt

The ability to acknowledge and accept my own error and the willingness to make amends

The willingness to be alone and accept it as my normal; to accept that I do not need to belong nor be acceptable to nor accepted by others. I can belong and be very content with and for myself. That I'm my best friend and gift to myself. And I can laugh at myself in all of the above anytime anywhere with anyone and be very content.πŸ€—

• There is something called hippo therapy, which actually involved horseback riding. I'm wondering if there is some connection with the self love hippo. Speaking of self love, that phrase makes me think of that Woody Allen quote, which is unfortunate. I am trying to think of three things I like about myself, and each time I think of one, I immediately invalidate it. It's like a trick question.

• I like that I am sensitive
    I like that I am loyal
    I like that I am deeply introspective

• @UCpaaHVg6u0
    You know more than most people about hippo therapy.
    You are familiar with Woody Allen quotes.
    You are reluctant to commit until you find an answer you believe.

Whenever I write a "To Do" list, the first item is always "Write a To Do list". That way, when I've finished the list, I can immediately cross off one item, which helps me get started on the others.

In "Waterworld" Kevin Costner is trying to barter for goods, but the shop is empty, so he buys the shelves. Sometimes we have assets that we either don't know we have, or we even consider to be liabilities. One good part of "Castaway" is where Tom Hanks repurposes items, like using an ice skate as a machete.

• [Deleted User]si161 (deleted user)

Such a great post, only the other day i wrote down things i like about myself and it didn’t feel arrogant either, life is so much better when you don’t need validation from others but rather look for opportunities to share your gifts...

I like:

• my ability to think deeply and independently

• my sense of humour

• my protective nature

• I like my ability to read random posts on the internet
    I like my ability to comment on said random post
    I like my ability to hit the home button when done with said comment

• @hugonehugall
    I'm very happy for you. I can't use the Internet at all, but I'm told there are some online training courses.

• I like my smile.
    I like that I'm active physically and mentally.
    I like learning how to bake: rustic sourdough garlic cheese bread.

• @MissAdventurous I love this!
    @SoftPetals Hang in there sweetheart. The journey is worth the work and the wait.
    My 3 things -
    My heart for others
    Continued growth in embracing my God-given purpose and identity.
    Continued growth in accepting my strengths and weaknesses for what they are in this season.

• I love my eyes, my mind, and my ability to motivate people around me. <3

• @PlayWithMyHair
    I was motivated to read your profile, so I'd agree with all 3 of your points.

• I am a silly goose, the creative way language streams from my mouth, and I'm strong in lots of ways.

• My ability to solve difficult problems.
    My appreciation of the beauty in nature.
    My patience.

• Compassion for others
    My butt
    My lips

• My superior brain
    My superior body
    My innate modesty

• The above poster has blocked me. I've no idea why.

• @geoff1000 Who can guess about people's motives? Perhaps it's the Covid Blues again? My impression of you is distinctly positive.

• @UCpaaHVg6u0
    "distinctly positive"
    Thanks. πŸ˜€

• I like that I care deeply about other people's feelings.
    I like that I'm sensitive.
    I like that in my lifetime, I've fought through 4 brain surgeries and managed to stay positive.