Do you pamper/spoil your cuddlers?

13»

Comments

• As much as I admire the devotion of a home cooked meal, I’d be happy with a clean home, clean bed, and clean body & clothes. I usually eat dinner with my husband, so I would not want to dine with a client or other enthusiast. If I were single and did overnights starting around dinner time, I would appreciate the meal as long as I trusted the client. Of course I don't know if I could say no to a delicious baked good… 😋

• @HugAnEwok maybe @Andy1996 meant a hammock?

• My belief is that if you are hosting someone, at least offer something to drink. A sealed bottle of water, soft drink, or sealed bags of snacks.

• I'd consider pampering / spoiling your cuddler would equate to infatuation, yea? To me, that would go against every reason why anyone would be here.

I guess you could ask yourself, do you already spoil/pamper any of your friends you don't cuddle with?

• I agree with @TheNewNovelist. At least offer because it is the courteous thing to do. However, do not take offense if your cuddling partner declines, especially the first time you meet.

• No . . . because I don’t really think of it as pampering, but as being a good host. I almost always host, no matter that it’s usually in a hotel and not my home-- I wouldn’t invite anyone else to spend an evening/night/weekend with me and, upon their arrival, say, “What--you didn’t bring your own food and drink with you? Sorry-you’re out of luck!” Why would I do that to a cuddle partner, then? (In other words, no it’s not about infatuation; it’s about not being an inconsiderate/selfish. (That said, if my cuddle partner is the one who's hosting I’ll offer to bring something but absolutely do not feel entitled to be offended if she politely declines )

And yes -- because when i host someone in my space, whether my home or a hotel or an AirBnB I’ve rented somewhere, I do what I can to make them feel welcome and special. They didn’t arrive at my door unexpectedly, after all, I invited that person in particular, instead of anyone else, to spend time with me in my space. I know -- I invite the cable tech/electrician/plumber/pest control service over too, so . . . well I’m not planning on spending the evening or night listening to music, drinking wine, and spooning them, am I?

When I’m getting to know a new or prospective cuddle partner I ask about what they get at Starbuck’s (or what kind of tea they drink), favorite wine, snacks, etc, just as I’ll bring up room temp, lighting, music, and all that. To me this is common sense. I have no intention of spending 4-6 hours, much less overnight, sipping bottled water because that’s all I’m making available to my guest. And I’m not going to offer her bourbon and bacon when she’s a non-drinking vegan because her the only option is whatever I’m having any more than I’d hand her a bottle of purified water (Only $2.99 a case!!) while I eat and drink in style.

Since meeting times are usually in the evening, I’ll pick something up--not unpackaged food from home -- safety first and all that--and/or set aside time to visit the bar/grill at the hotel where I host (or get something delivered(. I’m not going to go hungry or eat dinner at 3:00 p.m. (alone) to get out of providing food and drink during the session.

Yes, the pro/client relationship is transactional, but cuddling is still an interactive and mutual experience and I think that behaving this way toward my cuddle partner makes the experience better for her and for me.

• [Deleted User]snugglebuddy76 (deleted user)

I light a candle, make sure my place smells really nice, use only high thread count Egyptian cotton bed sheets, comfy pillows and a luxurious comforter, give my cuddle buddy my full attention by silencing my phone to ensure that all their cuddling needs and wishes are fulfilled.

My perfectionism and people pleasing nature is a huge plus in making our cuddle session memorable, therapeutic and extremely satisfying for us both. I enjoy hosting because I can ensure it’s a pleasurable experience by creating a very clean, safe and relaxing environment for us to really make the most of our time together.

Quality makes all the difference and your satisfaction is guaranteed.

• It is fascinating to read what some clients do when they host pros. It never occurred to me that a client would not provide a clean bed, a drink of water, or use of the toilet, but I never imagined that clients would pamper pros they hosted, either. I guess the paradigm I had in mind was a one-hour session, but it sounds like the OP and @ThomSSI are talking about longer sessions or overnights. For a whole evening, it makes sense to provide dinner, and for an overnight it makes sense to provide breakfast or at least coffee. Sounds like some hosts know how to make a nice time for themselves and their guests!

• @pmvines LOL

Agreed, cooking or other treats are always special. It's those fun things that make it memorable.

• @ThomSSI - I like the way you worded that. That’s a really nice way to think about it!

• Thanks, @HugAnEwok - it’s sincere, and I think it does as much for me as for my cuddle partner. As @nurturingman guessed, I do refer to long sessions—it would be hard to create this sort of experience in an hour or two, but I wouldn’t want to have a session that short