Does anything virtual have a place here in CuddleComfort

What are your guys and gals opinion on anything virtual related. I know it is offered here on the site but not by everyone. Do people feel like it falls under the community’s purpose at all? Is it wrong to seek non physical comfort from cuddlers who may or may not have it listed in their profile. Is virtual anything not what this site is for? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• It’s difficult for me personally to connect on Zoom or FaceTime. So I wouldn’t get anything out of it. Sometimes the best parts of cuddling is just quietly laying together. Plus it is best as an all of our senses experience. There is not a satisfying version of that online. Not for me.

• [Deleted User]SuperSnuggler2 (deleted user)
    edited March 2021

To start, I believe virtual cuddling grew out of COVID as a safety precaution. It seems there must be a demand or pros would not offer the option.

Some people who are here are greatly lacking physical touch/affection in their lives. For them, a virtual session might not be their thing because they desire to hold and be held to fulfill that need.

Other people may be looking for more of a meaningful connection with someone else, which could be physical but also could be emotional/mental. Or they may wish to sooth anxiety or stress. Or they may want to simply talk with someone who is caring and non-judgmental because they don't have anyone close to them they trust. For those people, a virtual session could be meaningful.

As a pro cuddler now offering virtual cuddles, I will say I "researched" virtual cuddles before accepting my first client and learned tips to relax and engage others in a soothing, stress free way. I also ask people who inquire about a virtual cuddle whether they wish to engage in some relaxation exercises/guided meditations together or if they simply wish to talk or a combination of both. I want to ensure I fulfill their connection need, be it stress relief or caring conversation. I look at it as cuddling their soul. :)

To summarize, I do think virtual cuddling is a good option for those who are looking for human connection as much as they are physical comfort. It also allows for long-distance connection which is nice because it allows the cuddler to try different pros and find a match(es) that align best with their personality and needs.

• @ShaneMTB I agree with you. In some ways virtual is like working from home—you are on zoom resenting every minute of it.

• I think virtual sessions are a great way to get to know a potential cuddler, or just a way to ease loneliness if an in person session isn't possible. I personally have had some great Zoom sessions with clients who are just nervous to get out there with COVID. It just depends on what you want out of the sessions

@Rjs5248 exactly.

• edited March 2021

I second what @Rjs5248 and @SuperSnuggler2 have said, but I’ll add that many of my virtual clients are also folks in other parts of the country—either my regulars who live far away or are traveling for work or folks who’d like to meet in the future, but aren’t traveling right now. It’s been a great way to stay connected with folks far away in between in-person sessions, and a nice way to test the waters before future trips.

• I find that you create amazing connections with people that you wouldn’t be able to connect with due to distance. I think a major reason for this site was to make connections so with this being a great option to do that, I think it belongs. 😄

• There is such a thing as a virtual cuddle. It's not as good as a real one, but it's much better than nothing. Of course it doesn't suit everybody: nothing does.

Virtual cuddling is now a completely ordinary part of some professional cuddlers' services, and may be booked through the site in the usual way. I have had great virtual cuddles with both professionals and enthusiasts.

There are a number of sceptics on the forum, who think that there is no such thing. These people have either never had a virtual cuddle at all, or have had a session which was described or sold to them as a virtual cuddle but wasn't. We are all just learning about this, and it seems that, while some professionals are amazing, others have more enthusiasm than thoughtfulness. Clients who describe a virtual cuddle as nothing more than a nice chat should ask for their money back.

Clients who describe a virtual cuddle as nothing more than a nice chat should ask for their money back.

@CuddleDuncan I want to say I disagree. Instead I will ask you to clarify your meaning. If I ask a client to express their expectations for a virtual cuddle and they say "chat," would I be wrong to honor that? Not being contentious but curious.

• edited March 2021

There are a number of sceptics on the forum, who think that there is no such thing. These people have either never had a virtual cuddle at all, or have had a session which was described or sold to them as a virtual cuddle but wasn't.

You make a lot of suppositions and pronouncements. No one ever said there was no such thing. Most people that do not like it have stated their reasons—hard to connect with someone, Zoom fatigue, etc. I have had a session and it was with a very experienced cuddler and we both agreed it blows. That being said, some people that are jonesing may find it an acceptable compromise. I spend a good portion of my day on Zoom for work—the last thing I want to do is pay somebody to “connect” with. Heck, being on Zoom with family and friends has become tedious. But to say people are “denying” that virtual cuddles exist or we are wrong in our opinion is an overreach and an arrogant assumption—especially with something so subjective as “virtual cuddling”.

edited March 2021

@Sheena123 yes... for many people it’s about connecting as much as cuddling

• Virtual is more about comfort than cuddle

• [Deleted User]Mmart (deleted user)

Cuddling for me is about touch therapy which is what I want/need.
    I guess virtual is meaningful for some but I can call a sibling or friend to zoom or just talk on the phone.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Anything virtual... hmm. Well, the forums are virtual. And I like them.

Virtual cuddles aren't my thing, but they seem to be a good thing for some people, and during a pandemic—yeah, I can see how pretending to cuddle, long distance, could become more appealing than usual.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)
    edited March 2021

I still think the hug machine from this clip should go mainstream! It could be amazing for virtual cuddles :)

Matsumoto tries the hug machine. from r/GakiNoTsukai

EDIT: Wait, as it turns out, there is a hugshirt on the market! But it sounds like you have to have someone with you in person to give you a hug so you can "record" it before you're able to send it to other people remotely. Still, pretty neat. https://cutecircuit.com/hugshirt/

@davebutton exactly.

@Mmart you are lucky to have great friends and family you can call for comfort and connection. Not everyone does.

@craM can I say you are adorable with that smile and happy countenance. You also had the big ice cream pic right?? I might have a cuddle crush on you. :)

• For me personally, a virtual cuddle would be pointless.

• A few cuddlers have implemented eye gazing, asmr, guided self touch, etc, to make virtual sessions have more therapeutic value. I personally have stopped offering virtual sessions due to low demand, too many inappropriate requests and not feeling as in my element as I do with in person sessions.

• edited March 2021

@latincomfort a virtual could be included in a cuddle session . Perhaps a professional could accept a phone call from a past client who is just feeling needy for a moment . Call it a boost , a warrenty item , whatever . I’m not talking constant daily texts three times a day , just a random call to hear their voice and say have a great day . Of course it’s calculated and added into the cost of cuddles. Wins all around . Good for the client who hears a soothing voice for minute . , not to mention an oportunity for the pro to try to schedule a paid cuddle