Why are there so many gothic people on here?

I've noticed there seems to be a large population of goth people on Cuddlecomfort.com any ideas why or so they just end up around me?

Comments

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)
    edited May 2021

I think it might be regional - I just searched the cuddlers in my area, and I didn't see any (obviously) gothic ones at a first glance! But that's interesting. Are there a lot of goths where you live?

• @squeakytoy @AragornMike must be regional. I haven’t noticed anything like a large population described in the years I’ve been here.

• [Deleted User]sage_wisdom (deleted user)

don’t question it. just soak it all in.

• We have Cossacks and Avars here. I'm a berserker.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

Aw, dang, @UCpaaHVg6u0: you beat me to it. Good one!

• It does not do to leave a goth out of your calculations . . .

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)
    edited May 2021

Where else are we creatures of the night supposed to assemble to do our dark bidding? Here we have the entire world at our blackened fingertips, ready to bow down to out unholy desires and tremble at our might, before succumbing to the Dark Army and joining us as part of the brethren of all that is twisted and miserable.

Plus sometimes people post pictures of cows and we like that.

@BuggleBear: Pfft.

I wore black nail polish once! Do I count as part of the brethren of all that is twisted and miserable? (I do work in retail, which might help.)

You work in retail so you absolutely count.

Plus you work night shift so you DOUBLY count.

• So the people of darkness show up on a cuddling site? Interesting. I thought they would be on a cult website or something.

edited May 2021

Common misconception. Besides, cults are so last season dahling.

• [Deleted User]squeakytoy (deleted user)

@BuggleBear These comments are glorious.

@BuggleBear: Yaaaay.

• I'm not obviously goth. But anyone who knows me knows I have a very dark and morbid sense of humor. And those who know me well know my house is filled with artifacts I've found including head rests, with blood stains, from psychiatric hospital morgue refrigerators, autopsy books, organ bowls, patient used psychiatric restraints, a wall dedicated to the two times I almost died (a bloody floor board from where I split my head open, and an x-ray from when my collarbone snapped in 3, with the center piece completely vertical), brain slides, psychiatric hospital signage all over, a marble fireplace from a psych hospital etc.

A disproportionate number of goth people often have issues (psych or otherwise), were outcasts growing up, are not always the most socially competent etc. There's also a lot of acceptance of body diversity in that subculture, as well as sexual diversity (an unusually high amount of asexuals in my experience). Basically it's a population that has a lot of people going without touch as a result of what I mentioned above or one of the many other reasons. And it's a population that tends to be very open in terms of bodies/sexualities etc., more accepting of psychiatric help than normal so the idea of seeking help for a lack of psychical touch is probably less odd to them.

That said, I haven't seen any clearly goth people on here. Though I'm guessing, by the tone of the OP that they probably are falsely categorizing a lot of non goth people as goth, such as alt people, punks, people with blue, green etc. hair, and other non mainstream things,

• They could just be really, really emo

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)

I haven't noticed many goths. There's a fair amount of people with piercings, tattoos, and "quirky" hair colors, but those things aren't indicative of interest in goth culture.

• edited May 2021

I checked Los Angeles +20 miles and saw maybe three. The rest were normies and a lot of closed caskets for the living impaired.

• I feel so exposed.

• Agree with @I_Am_Not_A_Cat, with the addition of:
    When I bartended in a goth club, I found each of us came from abuse, or neglect, in our family of origin, and were more attached to our family of choice (friends) than our peers.

• What does it matter?

edited May 2021

@Wheeliehandsome: Ooh. Good question! Yeah, @AragornMike—why does it matter? Have goths (whatever that word means to you) traumatized you in the past?

Edit: If you're, say, a vandal, that would make perfect sense. The Goths don't have a good history with the Vandals, from what I understand.

• @pmvines but we pre-date emo, and have less ennui, more DIY / crafting inclination.
    Because there was no such thing as hot topic, when we were in high school.

@PeopleLikeUs 🖤living impaired🖤

All hail Siouxsie.

Because every day IS Hallowe'en

• @DarrenWalker
    Punk band The Vandals?

• @ maulysterling that cartoon is kind of funny but really like what the hell and its disturbing.😵🙃

• The trick with the goth aesthetic is knowing when to pivot as you age:

• There is in fact a difference between emo and goth cultures.

@FunCartel what if you believe that both you AND the world are completely f***Ed up? Then are you emo or goth?

• @BuggleBear
    Yes!

@FunCartel So much 🖤 and giggles