Why are there so many gothic people on here?

124»

Comments

• I might have been hitting the clubs 4 times a week while working full time and going full time for my undergrad. Fri and Sat nights were for the mixed or gay clubs, but my favorite nights were the darkwave and goth nights at two specific venues Tues and Thur OR Sunday nights. I did this for one year, pulling a 4.0, then decided I could relax a little while still dancing my ass off. I allowed myself one black painted fingernail now and then but for the most part I was wingman for a group of mostly straight guys. Mostly. Goth? Sometimes. But I was more concerned with survival and becoming myself.

The Cure's "Lovecats" will always remind me of a beautiful pixie-ish woman in black leotard, cat ears, Egyptian kohl rimmed eyes, and cat whiskers who would slink onto the floor and own it. Killing Joke's "Love Like Blood" was the intensely stoic pretense of not being interested in the men or women flirting with you by way of their own stoicism and small smiles. Everyone was a devotee whenever Lords of the New Church or The Sisters of Mercy were played, particularly "This Corrosion." I don't know how many times we did shots to Tones on Tails' "Christian Says" or "Go!" I fell in love with Clan of Xymox in a former church converted to a dance club, the acoustics somehow so perfectly cacophonic with the slatted wooden floors and one wall of stained glass windows.

"It's just the way it should be
    It's so right as rain" - from Obsession, by Xymox

• You just hit me real hard, in the nostalgia.
    🖤

• @MaullySterling Ouch! It hit you that hard? What is The Cure for that?

Couldn’t resist a gothic pun.