No reply to messages

[Deleted User]Jazz18 (deleted user)

Hi-i’m not getting any replies from the women that I have sent messages to. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on what to write to get a response. Thank you.

Comments

• edited May 2021

• Don't feel bad, it seems to be very common, I have had it from Pro's also. I guess it's just a internet thing-?
    I wish there was a box to click on for the people that will not reply back !!!!

• @waynewv

There is. It's called block. ( ꈍᴗꈍ)
    The easiest way to avoid people who don't reply so you're not wasting your time as they won't show up as an option.

• [Deleted User]CocktailsAndInk (deleted user)

+1, @Jazz18

I just posted this in another thread:

Hi,

I’m new to this site as well. A friend directed me here because they know of the struggles I’m going through right now.

I’m also not quite sure how to engage or, quite frankly, how this is supposed to work. Problem is, I’m always cautious when trying new things, but especially when it comes to meeting strangers in their own home. I just want to make sure both of us are comfortable with the situation. (I would think that’s a good thing.)

However, I’m getting a weird vibe here. Not many want to talk before I book. “Either book your time and pay me now, or move along” is the vibe I’m getting from most whom I reach out to. Doesn’t seem very cuddly to me.

I have had one gracious soul respond with a very nice note and we’ve had some back and forth to answer my questions and make me feel comfortable. I will likely give it a try with her, but at this point I have only one option after contacting multiple “cuddlers.”

Am I doing something wrong?

• Sadly it isn't rare for professionals not to reply. Assuming you are writing polite and respectful messages, don't worry about it and just move along.

• @CocktailsAndInk

As a pro I'll chime in on the lack of discussion pre booking.
    I have no problem answering any questions regarding a session, what to expect etc. I encourage it! However some members just message us for free online chat support. My favorite color and where I used to live as a child are not relevant in deciding if I'm a compatible cuddler. Asking if I'm comfortable watching a movie cuddling on a sofa is. What type of clothing should they wear. Is touching your hair acceptable? Yes please ask these questions!

Some of us have multiple jobs and little spare time to casually chat. So we tend to make the most of our time and just go straight towards booking quickly so we can plan accordingly and make sure we are available for you.

There's nothing wrong with asking pros questions but if it's alot of personal questions some do tend to be weary and may write you off as a time waster.

Now, if you're just asking questions about what to expect and they just say book me or go away that's different. The experience in person will be lackluster at best.

@Envie

Thanks for the feedback. I assure you, they were simple questions about location, what to expect in a session (being a newbie), whether they wanted a picture of me or a video chat first (to ensure I’m real). Just looking out for both of us.

You’re right, personal questions are way inappropriate and would creep me out too.

Thanks again.

• @Envie , thanks for the reply, yes I have done that many times. But when searching it would be nice to see a count on how many times a person did not reply back, as I my self I would rule out that person on my searches, thanks again, take care

• edited May 2021

@CocktailsAndInk
    Your instincts are correct then. You're doing nothing wrong. There are a few floating around here who have minimal interest in cuddling and making sure you're comfortable.

I'm sorry this has been your introduction to the site but I can assure you there's many of us who appreciate your inquiries and wanting to ensure we are both comfortable. Whether we are enthusiasts or pros, sending photos and showing your genuine interest upfront is rare.

I hope you found a great potential cuddler!

edited May 2021

Thanks @Envie!

@waynewv One thing I’ve found that could be helpful is to look on their profile to see when they’ve last logged on. If someone hasn’t been online in over a month, I keep on moving.

Just a thought.

• @waynewv

Please keep in mind that some get overwhelmed with messages especially when they are new sign ups.
    Our inboxes are the worst for organization.
    I may read a message and need to plan or check my schedule but have no way to mark the message as unread to know that particular inquiry needs a response. So I may forget. I wish there was a better way to organize our inboxes but we have a very limited system currently.
    To add to that I can often go a week without a single email notification but have several messages. So they may not realize there's a message awaiting their response.

Then there are some who just flatly ignore messages, but there's legitimate reasons why some of us may overlook a response.

• Sounds like you need to do this challenge too because this issue should be disappearing already or at least be more manageable.

https://www.cuddlecomfort.com/forum/discussion/10775/a-challenge-for-you#latest

• Wondering if some sort of hybrid of @CuddleDuncan's How I found happiness and @Amortentia's A challenge for you should be made a sticky, or maybe even bits and pieces as part of the FAQ since this topic comes up so frequently.

• Not sure if you're referring to pros, but i'm speaking from the perspective of one. I think a nice Introduction, pics, and some type of detail about what brings you here tends to help. I've gotten some people that will start a message with "Are you available now?" & those are typically people who aren't serious about platonic cuddling. I've gotten Catfished once and sometimes men will try to ask for sex. The more detail you give, the more some people trust you, since there are scary people to watch out for out there. Unfortunately, they mess things up for genuine people.

• [Deleted User]Jazz18 (deleted user)

Thanks for everyone’s input.

• edited May 2021

@CocktailsAndInk I'm new to pro cuddling but have been in the service of caring for others for quite some time now. I seek to make sure my cuddle buddies' needs are met and therefore prefer to engage in some conversation before a session. I have come across people who are looking for an online friend and have no intention of booking a session and cuddlers who don't have much free time may not be able to entertain that but I think those who are in it for the right reason can take a little time to make sure you're comfortable before booking a session.

• 99.999% no replays only professional for money

• Hey y’all! 👋🏾
    Do you guys have any tips or advice for (traveling) pros sending out messages? I’m pretty new but I’ve been reaching out to people who I think I would have a great cuddle with in and out of state (I travel to Dallas, Tx and NorCal often)and have gotten little to zero responses. How do I reach out without seeming weird??

• edited May 2021

@softlinen - the only advice I would give would be to give plenty of notice on when you are visiting an area. Also bear in mind that many people cannot host so a visiting pro could mean the additional expense of a hotel. Some pros offer a discount if the client has to book a room. Your question might get more responses in the Professional's forum.

• CuddleDuncan,
    Your “how-i-found-happiness-on-Cuddlecomfort” link, is a perfect gift of excellent advice for so many: Pros, struggling newbies,struggling not-so-newbies, & enthusiasts. Thank you for taking the time to be such a kind “Cuddles-uncle” to so many.🙏
    May I pass your link to those in need of it’s good advice?🌞

edited May 2021

@CuddlePrincesss Thanks for the reply. That’s primarily what I’m trying to accomplish when I reach out, just some information going into the session so I know what to expect. My days are busy as well, so I really don’t have time for small talk, unfortunately, and I assume you all have the same challenges. I also feel awkward asking questions because I don’t want to be misunderstood or come off as creepy. I’m still navigating my way through this, wondering if a cuddle buddy even makes sense for me.

Anyway, thanks again. I wish you were closer than 4 1/2 hours away. I would attempt to set up a cuddle session with you. 😊

All the best to you.

• @amandajane yes please do, just quote the source. And thank you for your very kind remarks.

Same to everybody, on all my advice threads. They were written for general dissemination.

• edited May 2021

@softlinen, the best way to find cuddles in a travel location is to set your second city to that locale and to put your travel dates in your profile. Some pros will also post a notice in the “Pro Cuddling Requests” forum, but this has mixed success.

Be very cautious when sending out messages to prospective clients. It is actually outlined in the pro cuddling contract that we are not supposed to solicit business in this way.

I’m not saying that I’ve NEVER sent out an unsolicited message, but you should be sure that you message is friendly and not a sales pitch. If a cuddler from my destination city views my profile, for example, I might send a message to say hello, introduce myself, and ask for any not-to-be-missed sights or restaurant recommendations.

• [Deleted User]socalcuddler (deleted user)

@Jazz18 MOVE ON plenty of clients out here