Ask me Anything......

Comments

• [Deleted User]DarkLordChungus (deleted user)
    edited July 2021

I'm bored, so I'm hijacking this thread.

I guarantee that my answers will be more interesting than those the OP has provided.

• @DarkLordChungus Why is resurrecting two year old threads a condemnable act?

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@DarkLordChungus: It's the second day of February. People who need the government to help them buy food get the month's allotment of money on the first day.

A woman just came in and bought four cans of watermelon-flavored Red Bull. According to her receipt, she currently has $1.33 of her month's allotment left. In short: she somehow managed to spend at least $100 (probably nearer $200 or $300, based on other customers' receipts) in the span of one day and one night.

In the past, I have checked out customers buying, with EBT, hundreds of dollars worth of junk food, so I'm not terribly surprised.

One thing does baffle me, though.

Why would any sentient being, provided with a means of acquiring the sustenance they need to survive, choose to buy hundreds of dollars worth of non-sustaining garbage instead?

@FunCartel

Necroposting is generally frowned upon in forums. It's often seen as a self-indulgent act on the part of the necroposter. The original participants in the thread may not be around anymore, and it's safe to say that they lost interest in the topic—as evidenced by the thread being dormant for so long.

One also has to consider what the necroposter is bringing to the table. Are they offering a new perspective, or simply spewing nothing of value—to the original participants or to those reading the resurrected post?

Personally, and I'm sure for many others, it seems unnatural. Lots of topics are brought up over and over again in a forum, as some subjects pertain to the group's common areas of interest. It begs the question: "Why not wait until the topic comes up again? Think about what's being discussed and how you might add to it, and strike while the iron is hot—when people are actively engaged?"

If the thread being resurrected isn't one that is regularly discussed (let's say that it deals with a very specific scenario or topic), then...why bring it back? The discussion has run its course. Do you (the necroposter) need an audience for your musings? Why is a diary not sufficient? Can't you just...you know, think things and keep them to yourself? Is the commentary you provide really that insightful or funny to anyone who isn't you? Look inward.

• @DarkLordChungus Thank you keeper of the flame of common sense.

edited July 2021

@DarrenWalker

There are many possible reasons for this. Poor impulse control, or a desire for edibles that bring a semblance of pleasure to one's bleak existence, are the first two that come to my mind.

I feel like it's also important to consider what kind of society we live in, too. Ads are everywhere, in your face, every second of the day. They push the cheapest crap on everyone for the benefit of massive corporations that only care about profit—not the well-being of humanity.

Think about the last time we watched YouTube: how many advertisements did we see for substantial, healthy food? Zero. Because that stuff is slightly more expensive as it wasn't concocted in a lab, tested on groups, and made to be instantly satisfying and cheap.

A lot of people are susceptible to marketing. Maybe they're stupid (probably), maybe they're in dire need of some spark to light the Stygian abyss that is their life—and junk food does that for them. Because an obnoxiously loud voice said they needed it.

• [Deleted User]DarrenWalker (deleted user)

@DarkLordChungus: ...Ah. Aha.

Thank you.

• @lau24

I get wat you mean, but im dead serious. If I dont fear death then what is there to fear? 

I hope I make any sense.....

If a lion is going to attack you, you'll  go into Fight/Flight mode. When you cornered and Fight/Flight is no longer and option then you'll go into freeze mode.

Now...  Talking in a psychological perspective. I come from child abuse ( 1. Clarify, no sexual 2 I'm not looking for sympathy. Not me, If you look at my karma I believe Rose describeme well an what the rest wrote thats another topic)
       There's nothing I could've have done in Fight/Flight then emotion went freeze mode. Meaning my emotions became numb.
       So I just learn to accept the reality in life.
    It doesn't mean either that I'll accept any shit.

Now... for the possible answer you looking for. Going back to my childhood trauma.
       5-10 years.
           Got home from school. Mistreated from my dad second wife ( my dad work second shift so he didn't knew what was going on)

Long story short thy got divorced

11-23 years.
       I dont want to portrait my dad has a bad person. But we never got along we we always fighting.

23 years I move out of the house. Since then I live by my self.
         never known, how  actually having a family feels like. To come home n have some one to talk bout my problem.
      I dont know how the bonding/love/ affection/ attention feels like. 
    And then one day die like that.

And thats why I'm in this website. When I cuddle is for the soul purpose of getting OXYTOCIN.

• @quixotic_life

Lot of times our own enemies is our self. We set our  fears, boundaries, blocks. 

The pic, lion with the the kid.
       The saying,,, is the kid talking to lion.
      The lil kid is our consciousness and the lion is the subconscious, what dominates our life.

• @DarrenWalker
    I used to work at a grocery store, and you so right. I always saw that.
    Also where I work at, there use to be a food bank by a church. And every time thy went to get food they always get all the junk food. I tought that maybe that's all they have. Till a co worker told they do have a lot of healthy food.

• edited July 2021

I booked 2 hr with a Pro, why had the time always seem flew so fast?

• @teddybear512
    This prob bad example,,,
    But when you hungry and some one only offers you a piece of food. You'll still be hungry.

Let me explain though...

4 happy feel good hormone.

Dopamine
    Serotonin
    Endorphins
    Oxytocin ---> love,affection, attention.

Lack of any of this, causes stress in which leads to depression. And just like calories is an essential thing to the body that it doesn't produce by it self. In this case for this subject wel talk what I consider out the 4 most important OXYTOCIN.
    The best way to get oxytocin is to cuddle.
    Wen you get oxytocin it reduces stress,anxiety and depression. It triggers the brain to feel good.
    ( is happy hormone)
    Scientifically proven that oxytocin is at that exact same level as
    Drinking water
    Sleeping
    Eating
    You can't really get enough.

Now.... off-topic.
    Personal advice, ( I mean this is just me. I always try that cuddler feels good not other way around) when you see a cuddler.
    Don't go see wat you can get but you can give.
    Meaning, always go with a
    positive mentality/energy/vibe.
    Cus energy you bring in thats what you going to take back. You'll have the best cuddle.

• What is the oldest book you've read? What is the most recent book you've read? What is your favorite book you've read?

• @cookiecrumb
    Oldest book ? The Bible, when I was a lil kid.
    During my teenage ( during high school)
    I liked reading Piers Anthony books ( midevil fantasy stories)
    I was more into Autobiography.
    Gotti, Marylin Monroe, Charly Chaplin i like this one.

I no longer read much but last 2 books I read
    ° The emotionally absent mother by
    Jasmin Lee Cori
    °The power of the subconscious mind
    By Joseph Murphy.

• @Chris04 I’m interested in a Mig welder. Preferalbly Miller, or Lincoln , but I wanted to ask if you have any experience with the Chinese machines on the market like Everlast, etc . This is for general purpose shop work and fabricating .

• @Chris04 how did you find this book? Interesting read?

° The emotionally absent mother
    by Jasmin Lee Cori

• @cuddlerforu24
    Good question. Honestly you even have me questioning which one we/ I... been using. All this years I just got accustomed using sAme one. ( 13 years in my company. 10 years welding- clarify, all basic - 3 years currently no longer welding)
    But, to start with Mig Welding Certification.
    Yes I do strongly recommend it.

• @Melomaniac9
    Honestly I don't remember..... ( I Google the effect of growing up w out a mother) i bump into this book.
    when I ran into the lack of oxytocin,,, that change my life.
    ( that got me into wat I ran into this website) oxytocin-> human touch( skin hunger) -> oxytocin; happy hormone-> best way to get oxytocin is by cuddling.

it is a huge book I do recommend ( Clarify!!!! For the ones that didn't grew up w out a Mom or Main Gordian. )

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

How do you recover from a good day?

• 1) What’s the molecular structure at a high barometric pressure in the flux capacitor?
    2) What ever happened to Menudo?
    3) What makes Jack in the Box tacos so good?

• When we gonna get us some Jetsons food tech?

• What is the difference between a frog and a toad ?

• What is the difference between a frog and a toad ?

• @DarkLordChungus how is it that @FunCartel and @pmvines are so hilarious? Together they create this amazing bit of FANTASTIC in the threads? How is it humanly possible??

Also... @DarkLordChungus you said some very interesting things.... about necroposters and media induced junk food highs. Do you think they are all intertwined and interrelated?

• edited July 2021

@sillysassy @DarkLordChungus and @DarrenWalker have deleted their accounts. The loss is palpable.

• @FunCartel DELETED????? Oh. The sadness. My heart is heavy. 😕

Have you reached out to them? I think there is a road trip that must be planned.

• That is a matter of perspective.

• @sillysassy Yes a trip indeed. I hope they come back under new and improved monikers.

• @CharlesThePoet
    Honestly,,, really good question. Though I do have a really looong answer. Here my short one....
    I just let it sink in.

• @MandoMania
    MandoMania
    1. I'll let @DarkLordChungus answer this one.
    2. Now... are you talking about the boy band Menudo? Or the Dish... in which people get mad at me cus I tend to confuse Menudo n Posole dish.
    3.that depends on people cus also lot of people dont really like it.