Show me your art!

What's something you poured your soul into? Could be a painting, a sculpture, or a sketch you really liked. Let's get some good vibes going. 😊 I'll start.

Comments

• edited September 2021

Aaaaw so sweet. I was just thinking of starting an art thread. This is a self-portrait I did for an event coming up. I’m selling my handmade goodies plus live painting and also making it a respite safety space for anyone who needs it.

I think this drawing has good vibes 🤗 kinda silly maybe?

• @Shake49 That's a really nice painting or is it coloring?

Looks like a dolphin bird hybrid. :)

• @MxBliss lol I love silly drawings! Looks pretty good to me. Thank you for sharing 🙂

@Lovelight thank you! I did use some water color with the paint to help to blend the colors better. Remains my favorite to this day.

• This is a jewelry box I was painting

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

Freeform crochet, Hedgerow Scarf in various greens, with applique flowers.

About 6' x 12"

• Both of these were my notebook doodles which I cut into wood with a CNC laser and the colored by hand.

• 100% full-fused glass fish. Tack fused white and outer black border.

• edited September 2021

I can’t find my larger duck and goose eggs right now but this is one of the things I do: pysanky. It’s a wax-resist process like batik. I do not paint these images on, I draw with melted wax using a stylus, dip in dye, and draw again for each color, working from lighter to darker colors. At the end, the wax is carefully removed by melting small patches at a time. I don’t get to see what it looks like until I’m done. This is a tradition in several Eastern European countries but my style is of the Ukrainian tradition. Mostly I use patterns from books but these are original designs except for the brown and black one.

• Henna, which I have not been doing lately.

• My old artwork

• edited September 2021

My first-ever attempt at oil painting.

• Beautiful art y'all!

• Agreed! So many talented people in this thread. Thank you all for sharing.

• A piece I made in High school. I should get back to creating art, sometimes we forget about our own talents 💗

• edited September 2021

Work in progress.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. - Rumi

• [Deleted User]Julie33 (deleted user)
    edited September 2021

I started painting last year after my divorce as a means of therapy. It was not my intent, but as I posted my work on social media people started purchasing it. Here are a few of my latest pieces. I am now trying my hand at multimedia using ephemera along with acrylic paints and pastels. My website is JEArt.net if anyone wants to check it out! 🙂

• [Deleted User]Ennea2HugU (deleted user)

I love this community! So many wonderful and beautiful souls. Keep in creating, sharing, connecting, and cuddling.

• [Deleted User]Ennea2HugU (deleted user)

I started pen sketching tea cups as a form of self imposed therapy when I was going through postpartum depression. It has since evolved into painting with tea and coffee.

• @Hbang That is exquisite!

• This was my third window.

The Green Man - oval - 117 pieces.

• [Deleted User]CharlesThePoet (deleted user)

Hey @Sideon

I know you aren’t exactly living in snow territory, but, want to trade Green Men?

😉

• @sideon & @CharlesThePoet looks like you guys collaborated on those two beautiful projects🤩♥️ Thank you for your wonderful kind words🫂

@quixotic_life thank you for the compliment it’s greatly appreciated. I’m a nobody lol painting just helps calm my anxiety.

EVERYONE that posted I see lots of love flowing through art♥️ It’s all beautiful
    Keep it coming…. Please

• edited September 2021

This is pushing me to complete my incomplete pieces like putting the pieces of my heart & mind back together- Kintsugi♥️![]

Ganesha- Remover of all obstacles.

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)
    edited September 2021

One is visual, the other is audible, but same thing.

• Absolutely blown away by everyone’s art !! Love this post and this community ❤️❤️

Here are a couple recent doodles I’ve done

• [Deleted User]Saysoh (deleted user)

@Touch_You_Crave

This reminds me of a person with a voice and an acoustic guitar. Art doesn't have to be complicated to just see it. You caputured minimalism for me. I'm interested in buying the first piece from you. My homeboy does similar work. I don't think he'd be mad if it were hanging on his wall.