Two Truths and a Lie

edited September 2021 in General

Those who've heard/played this before know it's the perfect game for building platonic bridges (so kinda perfect for this site). Usually, from what I've seen, it's played by two but I've managed to make a few tweaks to it for some community fun. Bonus challenge is it's alot harder to read someone through a screen so that should make things a little more interesting.

Rules of play are pretty straight forward. If it's your turn, share 3 facts about yourself. Problem is one, and only one, of the facts you shared is a bold faced lie. Whoever guesses what the lie is first gets to take the next turn or pass their turn on to someone who wants it. (this way if someone wants to participate but doesn't want to share, they reserve that right to pass)

Disclaimer. The facts can be simple fun facts or something personal to yourself that you don't mind sharing. Either way the important part is that you don't share outside your comfort zone. Beautiful part about this game is that we're all in control at all times.

Now that that's all been established, I'll start us off. Can you guess which one's the lie?

A. my first pet was a cat named Milkshake
B. my favorite color is blue
C. one time, I saved a person's life

Comments

• edited September 2021

I think A is a lie

• I'm guessing that B is a lie.

• B. Truth! Makes me think of crystals or the sound of rain, what's not to love about blue?

C. Truth! Albeit indirectly but still counts. Story goes, as it's been explained to me all my life, when I was baby my sister was holding me when my Grandma asked to hold me next. When she went to pick me up, she felt something that was later confirmed by her doctor to be breast cancer in its early stages. Had it gone unnoticed any longer, it would've killed her. Thanks to the most random mundane moment, they caught it early, my Grandma got to live a few more precious decades, and she never let me forget that story. Wouldn't trade the time I got to spend knowing her for anything. 💙💙💙

A. Afraid this one was the lie. Love cats but I've only ever had dogs. @Mela_B had it right from the jump, great detective skills, so that makes it your turn now. 🙂

• Wheee 🙂

OK, two truths, one lie.

A. I have had a snake in my hair.
    B. I have worked in a haunted house.
    C. One time, I saved a person's life.

• @Mela_B I’m gonna say B is not true

• With the quickness! Correct. 🙂

• Nice! Ball's in your court now @Morpheus 🙂

• A. I’m colorblind yet work in a field where color vision is required. I’ve never told anyone, I just fake it.

B. I have witnessed a murder and found a dead body.

C. I Have sky dived over 100 times.

• @Mela_B how did you save a persons life?

• @Morpheus , since your profile says your occupation is “leadership” and color vision is not required for that, I’m going with A.

• And @quixotic_life is the winner. I have never sky dived in my life and don’t think I ever will lol

• Whoa!! Okay, note to self, coffee with @Morpheus is gonna be a multi-hour meet!! 😉

A.) I've been on multiple road trips with cats and took a litter of kittens camping.

B.) I've been through every state in the lower 48 at least once.

C.) I've hit my targets every time I've used a potato gun, pumpkin launcher and an apple sling shot.

• @quixotic_life coffee is the way to my heart ❤️

• [Deleted User]DeadGirlWalking (deleted user)
    edited September 2021

Yeah, no, sorry, hold up. I'm going to need more info on @Morpheus ' point 'B'. We can't just let that slide without addressing it. :open_mouth:

(Also, I think @quixotic_life 's second one is the lie)

• I think A is the lie

• @quixotic_life
    A - yeah that's obviously true, nobody would do that except you
    B - much too believable, lots of people have done that. LIE!!
    C - manifestly unbelievable, so obviously true. My guess is one shot on each, and a bucketful of luck

• @morpheus when I was fourteen, my friends and I were hanging out at a soccer field.

My one friend jumped up and grabbed the soccer goal's top bar and it broke, he fell, and the sharp end of it hit his head, giving him him an immediate concussion and ripping his scalp open. He passed out and fell to the ground.

This was before cell phones. I told my other friends to go find help, and I took my long sleeved flannel shirt off and wrapped up it and tied it around my friend's head, applying pressure to the massive, bleeding head wound.

I sat with him for almost twenty minutes, pressing my hands and the shirt against his wound, and periodically waking up him and talking to him until an ambulance arrived and could take him to get stitches.

• edited September 2021

OK I've figured out the expansion pack to this game.

Go down the list of things people claim, ignoring whether they are true or false. Strip out detailed personal elements and keep only the essence of the point. E.g. 'first cat was named X' -> have owned a cat.

How many have you done?

Which ones would you like to do?

@Mela_B quite a moment, sounds like you did a fine job.

@CuddleDuncan don't complicate things- I'm still waiting to hear the murder story!

• @BuggleBear ~ First in with the correct answer, sp you're up!!

@CuddleDuncan ~ Lol ~ Nice deduction skills!!

edited September 2021

Yay, I finally won something!

OK, @CuddleDuncan is not allowed to play my round because he knows FAR too much about me!

A ) I almost died of drowning and hypothermia after falling off a boat into the ocean and had to be rescued by 23 emergency personnel.

B ) I have more tattoos than bare skin.

C ) I am, and have been for the last several years, a scare actor.

• I know literally nothing about you so this should be fun lol

Is it B?

• I know! I know!! Please Miss I know I know I know pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaasssssssssseeeeeee Miss!!!

I know you know, Duncan, but you aren't allowed to answer!

• I think A is a lie.

• C is untrue