Moderator Thoughts on Mental Health

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]emiilyy (deleted user)

❤️❤️❤️❤️

• [Deleted User]DaniIsHere (deleted user)

Pain will always be with me....

• I am not a certified mental health professional, but I will add my 2 cents, exactly 2 cents 🫣 1. If you ever find yourself in a depressed state of mind, keep reminding yourself that it is temporary, and at some point, you will feel better. 2. Exercise or completing chores around the house are excellent ways to distract yourself from your bad thoughts. (These are things I personally have used for myself.)

• It is so sad the number of people who are lonely and even on this site probably still feel it?! I am so glad that you guys have addressed this because it is important! I would also like to say to anyone feeling like taking their life, do not do it! You are about to make a permanent decision over a temporary problem, and you should get help immediately... you matter and there is help available...

• I’m currently medicated for depression. I believe it is helping. Exercise is my main avenue to deal with it. Cuddling and massages have helped me immensely. For me, personal connections keep me going. Recently, I had one personal connection through cuddling who initially seemed very helpful but has disappointed me greatly by asking more from me than I can give. Like @Noumenal said, I need to remind myself this is temporary and I need to try a new connection. I haven’t spoken of this to anyone other than my therapist. I’ve come to this community as one I can express myself to.

• @Snickerdoodle17 ”This too shall pass”

• edited July 2023

• Mental Health Awareness is so important. I am glad that the stigma surrounding getting help is starting to lessen. PTSD, Depression and Anxiety are very real and it can happen to anyone not only soldiers, like more people believe.

• edited August 2023

I really appreciate the info as well as the attitude of this post. Like others have said, I too have suffered from depression and despondency. Especially since Covid disrupted my life. Thank you for caring, and I hope that I may help others along the way on this site.

• Thank you for this post.

• [Deleted User]Concordiaesque (deleted user)

Everyone listens to fix, rarely do people want to hold space for someone that just needs to be heard and have their situation validated. People all think it's so easy, and aren't interested in the context of an individuals situation. Most people would rather distract themselves from what is wrong and are uncomfortable when others have things they need support with.

There are such convenient invalidating labels, "attention seeking" "cry for help" "complaining" "trauma dumping" - no one wants to be there for anyone else, everyone is just looking out for number one and if you ask them to be there for you, they want you to take a pill or "find someone to talk to" (as long as it's not them).

Or they are drowning themselves and feel like if they hold space for you, you'll pull them down even further - instead of considering you might be able to lift each other up.

• Perceptive and true @Concordiaesque and I like your username.

Thank you @achetocuddle - your username resonates with me very much. I appreciate your feedback on my words.

• edited September 2023

Reported and reviewed. This comment can be moved to pro requests. [Charlie_Bear]

• @Concordiaesque I relate to everything you said given my struggles with depression. I couldn't have said it all any better.

@Jasmineluvshugs It's really kind of you to say that. I appreciated your kindness when I got to talk with you for a bit awhile back. I might reach out, or reach out to someone. Dealing with the anniversary of my dad's passing tomorrow combined with the severe depression I've been in, I'm struggling mightily.

• Being mental health month, I know how important it is from personal experiences to have someone to reach out to. And just talk to. Whenever you feel in crisis. Find your person. And use them when you’re in need.

• To anyone reading this:

If you ever feel alone or need someone to talk to or vent,
    Feel free to message me!!
    I do not judge whatsoever and just wanna help however I can!
    Remember, you aren't alone!
    🤗

@Jasmineluvshugs appreciate your compassion and kind words - this isn't directed towards you, just to anyone reading the forum, not everyone has a person - and that's ok too.

@Jova114 you are so kind to offer to be a person to talk to here. However, some people are alone - social isolation is an epidemic and more than a fifth of adults in the U.S. (22 percent) and the U.K. (23 percent) say they often or always feel lonely, feel that they lack companionship, feel left out, or feel isolated from others, about twice the share in Japan (nine percent), referred to here as those reporting loneliness or social isolation. https://www.kff.org/report-section/loneliness-and-social-isolation-in-the-united-states-the-united-kingdom-and-japan-an-international-survey-section-1/

Also, to anyone reading this forum, @Jova114 is awesome to talk to. Two thumbs up!

• @Concordiaesque
    Awww shucks!!
    Thank you
    🤗

• @Concordiaesque I understand and I agree. Not everyone has one. There is someone for everyone. Find yours. It may not be easy, but there is someone out there. Don’t give up!

@Jasmineluvshugs your perspective is what is wonderful about this forum and I'm sure your presence makes many feel good, thank you for sharing :)

• It’s been a rough couple of years for the economy, our mental health and our sense of safety. Truly appreciate this 🙏🏽

• That is true, @EmJ777 as it’s been compounded by everything going on.

For those struggling tonight or when you read this, remember you’re not alone. And this too shall pass.

If you feel alone or at the end of your rope, reach out to a friend or someone, and keep reaching out to others until you find someone willing to help.

• edited October 2023

Groupon is now offering a deal for online therapy

• Hugs for those who need them tonight - remember you have those around you who care and notice you. You are worthy and appreciated. Reach out to a friend or family member or neighbor.

• I second @Jasmineluvshugs hugs!!
    🤗🤗🤗🤗

This discussion has been locked.