420 cuddle party

edited November 2021 in General

So I am thinking about hosting a 420 cuddle party where everyone bring their own buds for everyone to share and enjoy good company, and have therapeutic platonic physical touch, Cuddles, snuggles however you wanna call it.
If I were to host a 420 cuddle party, do you think it be a hit? Has anyone ever done this before? How did it go? Any advice?

Comments

• Sounds groovy. Too bad the party isn’t near Chicago.

• I think it would be great … if I was into 420 I would have loved it.

• I’d be more than up for it; I’d bring some bud too along with the cuddles.

• I would love to attend, I wish someone would do it in los angeles

• Maybe y'all can host your very own 420 cuddle party in y'alls area.

• I would go. I have a lot of clients in Texas—no not drug dealers, architects. Have weed, will travel. Anyone who has cuddled me knows I offer. Would love to cuddle with like minded, high falootin’ cuddlers.

• Sounds amazing. I wish I wasnt so far from Texas!!

• edited November 2021

Just as technical point, you cannot call this a "cuddle party," as that's a trademarked name. You can certainly call it some other name.

I have checked this out and this is correct. - Babichev

Unfortunately drugs and alcohol are no friends of consent. In fact, most trained pros will not conduct a session with someone who has consumed mind altering substances Just prior to a session, or plan to during the session. And those substances are certainly not allowed at any official "cuddle party (R)" event.

I'm not making any judgements here; if this is your thing, then by all means go for it. Just stating the facts that mind altering substances will be a no go in most places where professional cuddling is concerned.

• edited November 2021

I also would caution about how that could interfere with consent and make it blurry. [ Also it's hard enough finding respectful people who are not under the influence, add drugs to the mix and you might have more trouble on your hands. - I mean it's hard enough getting respected by some people while they are sober. As there are plenty of boundary pushers. So I can see people, particularly women, feeling even less safe to be near them while they are under the influence. Especially if those in question are strangers/acquaintance.] Plus platonic cuddling is already so misunderstood and adding drugs to the mix can further solidify the misconceptions and possible victim blaming.

• People who host or go to an event where substances are being used probably already knows what they're getting into. Just be careful.

• There’s a lot of stigma behind 420 that’s inaccurate… if you’ve never done 420 or you know its not for you, don’t go to such event wanting to indulge in it … so much to say, not even gonna get too technical but I’ve been at parties / events where it’s all about alcohol, & I’ve been at parties & events where its been all about 420 , & When it comes to alcohol I’ve always seen people wanting to start fights / find this new found confidence & turn into the Incredible Hulk / list goes on ect, & I’ve been to 420 party /events & not once seen any of the above , instead I’ve witnessed the most laid back chill vibes / smiles / calmness / to this day never no conflict just pure chill.

• Alcohol doesn't turn somebody into a rapist. They already was one. They just took advantage of the situation when somebody was too intoxicated to consent.

If you go to an event with alcohol, don't drink too much. Know your limits.

• Nothing that you can ingest makes anyone a rapist. You are either one or not. Substances are an easy place to lay blame for criminal activities whether it is alcohol or drugs. Blaming substances like 420, at least in the US, were originally done for racist reasons. A substance is just a substance and is not inherently evil, but a person that is evil who is taking drugs or alcohol can see the last vestiges of moral parameters and judgment crumble leaving them free to commit heinous acts and blame it on the substance. Meanwhile 99.9% of people who take the same thing will not commit those acts. It is always the person.

• edited November 2021

I don’t know who mentioned raping here … but yes I still stand on the fact that I’ve seen fights being started & people finding this new found confidence & turning into the Incredible Hulk under the influence of alcohol , never with 420 …

The fact is that in general people still drink too much, & many don’t know their limits.

(I drink alcohol & I don’t do 420 but I’m not oblivious to the fact either)

• @cuddles_ndream - It was hinted at a couple times. (These substances might make people not care about consent)

• Most campus fraternity rape cases involve alcohol. You are too busy deciding between Taco Bell, writing the Great American novel that night or connecting the stars in the sky to draw a naked lady to commit violence on 420.

• I think one of the most fun times I have ever had was my 80 year old that is very dear to me asked to get high with me once. HILARIOUS. They should probably pump light doses of it into the air vents at nursing homes.

Anyway, I was concerned that she might pass out or something. Nope she told ribald stories from her youth and she was laughing so hard she had tears coming out of her eyes. Have you ever heard an 80 year old matronly lady say micro-penis and just have a gut laugh for two minutes? Priceless.

• I remember when there was a shooting at a 420 rally and people said, "It was probably that one person who wasn't stoned."

• It probably was

• @FunCartel lol!

As @CuddlesByDeep mentioned, you can't call it a cuddle party, but you can call is a "snuggle party."

I think there is a big difference between getting some friends together (or friends of friends) vs hosting an "open" event. I think a 420 cuddle party makes more sense among friends. The fact that an official cuddle party has clear rules, an educational component, and a trained facilitator on hand helps a lot with making a bunch of strangers feel safe negotiating physical touch and boundaries.

• edited November 2021

@frankparker9 I agree with you. This is something I've sort of inadvertently done with friends by starting a large cuddle circle that morphed into a cuddle puddle at an already happening gathering among friends where most were partaking in 420. I'd definitely enjoy doing something like what was suggested by the OP with already established friends. I definitely have gotten "glued to the couch" by 420 before and typically feel less comfortable being in that vulnerable state around strangers. Feeling warm, fuzzy, silly, and honestly a little bit slow around friends/loved ones/safe company can feel really amazing.

• A group cuddle you’re involved in with weed thrown in? Sounds like a sure fire hit.

• edited November 2021

@FunCartel Thanks for sharing your story. I can only imagine the micro-penis story she shared…. 😅
    Sometimes it’s getting high with surprising people that makes the best experiences. Uncontrollable gut laughter is medicine for the soul.

• [Deleted User]dltedcuddler (deleted user)

I've cuddled high, it was great. :)

Wish I was in TX

• [Deleted User]Klynn_Nate67 (deleted user)

Yes- this is a great idea. Combining two very relaxing things into one wonderful thing!

• In my opinion it is not appropriate to mix cuddling with any sort of intoxicating or mind-altering agent. Consent can not be fully informed if somebody is in an altered state. And consent is the bedrock of platonic cuddling.

• [Deleted User]goldilocks21 (deleted user)

Yup i go!!! Nothing like some smoke and cuddle

• Definitely sounds like a great idea