Is it rude to have an age preference?

Hi there, I'm Alex and I'm new here. I put down an age preference and was wondering if it is rude? I know that older men make me a bit uncomfortable and it makes it harder to trust. Im sure theres tons of nice guys out there and I don't want to offend them at all. But I'm afraid theyre looking for more than cuddling. Which if what ive been reading on here is true; that happens quite a bit and has been more recently.

Please let me know <3 thank you

Comments

• I'm older, and I'm not offended at all. I believe that people have a right to their preferences, and a right to operate within their comfort zone.

• It’s definitely not rude. No worries. That’s why they have it available. It’s all about finding a cuddle buddy that makes you comfortable. The only time it’s rude is if you became a professional cuddler. Pros can’t be discriminatory towards race, gender and age. But for enthusiasts, do what makes you comfortable!

I would suggest making that known with those that are out of your age preference during messages but still continue a conversation, because you never know. One person out of your age preference could be a comforting presence that has you make an exception. Or at the very least, just having a good handful of times by internet buddies 😊

Don’t worry about your preferences. Most people on this site respect that. You’ll still get messages from people out of your preference but make your boundaries known. Happy cuddling 🌸🌸

• In our modern world age is a problem

• [Deleted User]Zundar (deleted user)
    edited December 2021

Don't think it's rude to have a preference though some people can be rude in the way they communicate their preferences.

The site is called "Cuddlecomfort" and the comfort part is just as important as the cuddle one, if you're not comfortable with something then that's definitely something worth keeping in mind and expressing. Everyone has preferences and things they're more or less comfy with.

• We all have preferences, and we don’t have to justify them! Everyone has preferences of some kind and we respect that in others as part of being a civilized human in society.

• You have the right to set any boundaries you wish and I respect that. But I'm disappointed that any age group would be excluded due to simply reading some comments on this forum. You can have issues with an 18 year old just the same as a 30 or 40 year old. In any respect you have to learn how to handle it if it does happen.

• Not rude, just human.

• I don’t see a problem with it, I have been turned down due to my age, it doesn’t bother me at all. I would much rather have them be honest up front and tell me that then to just ghost me with no reply. I do see some listed as they only want some one within a few years of there age, I think that is unrealistic . But each to his own !!!!

• I see nothing wrong with only wanting to cuddle someone close in age. I am irked by older men who only want to cuddle younger women.

• Of course not. Everybody is entitled to select who they want to cuddle with, and shouldn't be expected to cuddle with anybody outside of their preferred age range.

That being said, what verges on rudeness, is completely ignoring a very general. politely worded, direct question that is not a request to cuddle, just because the person who asked the question, is outside of your preferred age range.

• edited December 2021

Sorry that to hear that you've had bad experiences with older guys. Being comfortable and feeling safe in any given situation is never rude. Just "Do you."

• It's OK to make choices, it's not rude unless you ignore the guy that reaches out to you because of his age. You don't have to cuddle anyone that you don't want to. It's nothing wrong with an older guy wanting to cuddle with a younger woman, some younger cuddlers prefer older gentlemen, less drama. We all have choices, I choose who I want to cuddle with, it is a paid service.

• Most older men love younger age

• As long as you state an age bracket in your profile (and I see you do) then I don't see anything wrong with it.

• @xandriarain

"I see nothing wrong with only wanting to cuddle someone close in age. I am irked by older men who only want to cuddle younger women."

Why, exactly?

• No preference is 'wrong.' You should never feel compelled to cuddle anyone you don't want to. But keep in mind, everyone isn't going to be cool with it, as everyone seems to think they're the exception.
    At least you're being up front about it.

• edited December 2021

@MrMarkAndrew why only about men, they're women prefer younger men, everyone can choose what he likes or want .

• You should be proud they want to cuddle you, I'm sure if you become a pro you wouldn't mind them.

• @Ahmedali999 I just thought it was odd that something like that would "irk" her.

• @MrMarkAndrew because in our society there is a lot of ageism against women. I have had many clients tell me they booked me because I was young and pretty. It makes me feel like I am just a warm body they are renting and they do not value me for my personality or professionalism. It also makes me feel like I might as well crawl in a hole and die after I am no longer considered young because it seems like older professional cuddlers are often over looked.

• @xandriarain to be fair, you are making more money now for those exact same reasons. It's human nature.

• @MrMarkAndrew it's her choice but it's the nature even thousands of years older men love young girls Romans,Persians ect i used to hang with young girls they hate old men

• edited December 2021

@MrMarkAndrew yes now but what happens to older me? I have to worry about my future self. My twenties have been going by so fast, I will be 30 before I know it.

• whileI I'm 30 i suffer alot what's going to happen if I become old and abandoned

• @xandriarain if it makes you feel better, I’m early 30s and I’m getting plenty of cuddlers still. Some for looks, some for intelligent conversation.

• @Sheena123 im thinking early 30s I wont have too many issues but am definitely worried about getting closer to 40 and beyond.

• edited December 2021

@xandriarain, I've met stunning women my age id love to cuddle with... And I've noticed apparently successfully cuddlers in their 40s they're rare...
    I expect it because if you keep your heart open that long you will be upto bigger things than this.

I believe and feel I've seen evidence that beauty has more to do with your heart than your age and measurements...I suspect you succees cuddling is strong evedince...

As we live and suffer its really hard to keep our hearts open and if you look you will see that this is often why as we age we become less desirable to others.... Its all the amor and spikes we put around ourselves to protect our hearts.... This also hurts our bodies and they become less healthy

• I don’t think it’s rude for anyone to have preferences. And I always like to encourage people to expand their boundaries (in a good way) because the more we limit ourselves, the greater the chance we’re missing out on meeting some interesting people and some good experiences.

From a young age I’ve always enjoyed the company of a variety of people. When I was 19 years old, I shared an apartment with 3 gay men - one was 24, one was 27, and one was 50. The older guy was one of my best friends. He owned a small, independent, eclectic bookstore. He’d grown up on a farm, had polio as a kid, one leg was shorter than the other and deformed. His hair was prematurely grey. Yet I thought he was beautiful and we had great adventures together.

When I was in my 50s I met a 19 year old college student. We got together every Monday night for two years to practice speaking Italian. We had great fun together, had wonderful conversations. I was just starting to date and he became my dating coach.

I have cuddly friends in my social life, most are younger than I am, so I’ve cuddled with people who were 20 years old up to people in their 70s.

Do what you want to do, don’t let anyone else tell you who you should or should not cuddle. Do what feels most comfortable. We’ve not going to lose respect for you. You have freedom of choice about who you cuddle with and who you don’t and you don’t have to explain yourself to anyone.

• I'm older. I totally understand. To me cuddleing is All about feeling - Safe and Comfortable. So if you don't have both, it's not going to work. I'm ok with any age, race, height, or weight. But not everbody is.

• I wasn’t offended until you implied that older guys are looking for more than cuddling.