How Far Would You Travel?

edited October 2014 in Root
I was first going to ask how far would you travel for a good cuddle, but then thought, how far would you a travel to cuddle for a potentially good cuddle mate? After all, you don't know how compatible your cuddle mate will be in advance, do you? A related question would be, what do  you look for in an online profile and want to know before meeting a contact? What other features do you think would be helpful for users of this site? For instance, would it be helpful to have some kind of feedback from other members about a particular member? What would this feedback contain, ideally? Would there be interest in a local, moderated cuddle party to meet other potential cuddlers in a more structured environment?

Comments

• A lot of good questions that the owner could ask of the community, and thus use to modify/improve the experience of CuddleComfort. That the workload can be handled is something to be seen, because AHHH can barely keep up with those in my social circle. Can say that I enjoy the simplicity of the website so far, though until I note it's viable as a social network in my area, it's hard to say. Still working it! :D

But to the original question, I've been known to travel over 2 hours just to cuddle with someone. Heck, just so I could visit a friend to say hello, only to find out I would be seeing them for 3 hours rather than an evening, and be (sort of) okay with driving back another 2 hours after the matter. Sometimes the need to reach out and be with others pushes you to do otherwise unconventional things, and what comfort we get we're okay with. Risk for reward, as ever. ;)
  • Good comments, Joe. I guess that I was mostly looking for ways to spark more activity in my area. We have a lot of inactive members and I was thinking of things that may spur on what is a great idea. Certainly, there are members joining everyday, so the interest is definitely there. Thanks for your comments.
  • Having recently gotten used to public transportation to the Chicago area for a cuddling unrelated to this website, I think I can call the Chicago area valid for me and such ventures from here on out. yay growing the network of possibilities? :D
  • I'd be happy to travel a fair bit ...but that's because I end up doing this a lot anyway due to my location. Problem is, I have to know it's worth it, so I'm more hestitant to do this for a stranger, unless they're more around my demographic and thus feel "safer". Especially as there's no way to see what others think of them and no obvious way to report offenders, I'm particularly worried as a female about safety, as there's not much transparency here. If they modelled themselves after eBay, I think this would be a good thing, and I would be certainly happy to use it more (and also a search by star rating lol).
  • Mark has mentioned that a review or rating system is a feature that he wants to pursue, so keep your fingers crossed, The site is still under development.
  • I can relate Colourful. I usually want to meet someone in public at least the first time. It also never hurts to get their name and google them or look them up online in the court website for your state. Usually, if someone gives me an e-mail address, it will show their full name without me even having to ask for it. A rating system is a great idea. I'm grateful for all the hard work that goes into this site. :)
  • [Deleted User]Ulspeed (deleted user)
    For me, traveling up to 2-3 hrs. would be feasable. That's why I think there should be 200 & 300 mile search options, not just up to 100 or any. If you meet in the middle that would open up a lot of opportunities.
  • I wouldn't travel very far, no more than 40 min or so. But then, I've got people to cuddle with in town already, I just like it a lot and am always looking for more channels to build cuddling community here and bring new friends in.
  • [Deleted User]celebriticat (deleted user)
    I think having a way to review cuddle partners, just as AirBNB and Couchsurfing provides, would be helpful. I don't travel much right now, as between work and trying to keep in touch with my family, I don't have a lot of energy left over.
  • [Deleted User]Elleira (deleted user)
    I agree with Ulspeed, the search option is slightly frustrating... There's but a few people that show up in my "100 miles" search, only after extending the age option, gender, status and etc...

I wouldn't mind traveling an hour or two to get some cuddles, but I don't have my own vehicle so I wouldn't feel very safe being somewhere I'm not familiar with. Meeting up half way to make sure both parties are comfortable and truly compatible before cuddling would be ideal, but inconvenient if there's quite the distance between the two.. so I'm not sure about distance yet...

I'm patient and hopeful for someone compatible that lives close enough to me; I'm putting effort into this site and I'll be keeping an open-mind!  I've already gotten a couple of messages from nice people to greet me and etc.. :)

I wish everyone on here good luck on their search!
  • I personally would travel an hour or a little more give or take, I've had daily commutes almost that long but the risk of meeting for the first time and things not working out really makes traveling any further not worth it for me.
  • If anyone would come to me that would be amazing message me.
  • I would love to be able to travel a long way to meet someone for cuddling, but it's not realistic for me because I don't drive. I just did a search for women in my area to cuddle with with the most expansive criteria (any race, any relationship status, ages 18 to 100, don't mind if she has a photo, etc) and it still only turned up 9 results within 100 miles of me, most of which haven't even been online in a long time. This website is a great concept, there just aren't enough people using it for it to be effective. I signed up for this website just earlier today with high hopes and have already shared my thoughts on a few topics on the forums, but I just don't realistically think I'll actually find a cuddle buddy on here simply because there are no active users in my area. :/
  • edited June 2015
    Always worth messaging them because email notifications are on by default. I'm sure a lot of people register and leave their accounts open in case people register near them. 

The cuddle movement is in its infancy and I think having an account is worth doing to benefit from its growth.
  • Currently really hoping that this site gets more popular as there's hardly a soul in my area. Reading through profiles most people here dont seem to have "ulterior motives" in mind and that's been really encouraging.
  • I just took your advice, Mark. Hopefully I hear back, but I get the feeling I'd have more success if I were to move to an area with more users.
  • [Deleted User]apeirogon (deleted user)
    Yeah as I mentioned in another thread, I messaged someone who hadn't signed on in over a year, then they signed on and responded and we made plans.

Of course I've also sent a few messages to others who hadn't signed on in over a year, and they haven't signed on in response, but I have had at least one success story doing that.
  • To answer the question more directly than I did before, I live in upstate New York, and typically the farthest I travel for anything is Long Island to visit family. That's a long train ride, though, so I would be willing to go that far if I feel like I'm compatible enough with my potential cuddle buddy and if she's willing to have me over at her place for at least a few days. It's not worth that long of a trip for just a few hours or even overnight and the following day.
  • [Deleted User]EkstrasBaso (deleted user)
    If I had a cuddle buddy in Seattle I would visit them. That's 3 hours from Portland. But I couldn't go very often so it would have to be somebody that would be able to travel to me as well.