Why are the professional cuddlers on here complaining about thier customers

What is with the cuddlers on here claiming to be professionals and then complaining about how their customers (by in large men) treat them.  How can these so called professional cuddlers (pretty much all female) not have the courtesy to respond to requests to cuddle, even a negative response is better than none.  A true professional replies to their potential, current, and past customers.

Of the two cuddles I have met with, both were great in person, both were female, and strictly platonic like I wanted.  However, one of them never responded to my friend request or any of my messages once they got my money.  I gave them a great Karma report, but nothing in return.  We, as cuddle receivers, need Karma too to help future cuddling contacts (I did get great Karma from the other cuddler). 

The biggest problem is the amount of money they charge thinking they're professionals (way more than most real professional charge).  This job requires no training or experience, yet they charge more than most people with PHDs!  In fact, they charge double or more than legitimate massage spas (except high end spas that are actual businesses with fancy facilities and paying taxes).  The only low end massage parlors charging this extreme kind of money are the places where extras are offered (and even they have to rent a business facility and pay taxes).  Maybe that is why the guys who cuddle with these so-called professional cuddlers are expecting a little extra.  You want a totally Platonic meeting, charge a wage commensurate with the true level of service you are offering.  You are expecting these guys with degrees or many years of real experience to pay you 3 or more times what they make per hour.  Now that is worth complaining about!

Comments

• It seems like some "professionals", not all, look at cuddling as a quick and easy way to make money without giving much of a "service" in return. 

• It doesn't seem very professional to complain about clients in a public forum no matter how valid the complainy is.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited January 2017
    I also think the amount of pros that come on here and complain is fairly small. Of all the LA pros, I think I've only ever even seen two of them on the boards and LA has more pros than any other city.
  • I'm not sure what I can add to the discussion hear, but I'll try. The two professionals I've contacted in my home state have replied to me without any problem. It seems like it is more of a courtesy issue hear. If someone does not get back to me then they are not worth my time of day. Simple as that. I'll give them a few days then cut ties with them. It is there loss because they will never know a client that treats them with kindness, compassion, and respect that they highly and truely deserve. Plus when I sp end money per hour with the professionals I'm never looking for a happy ending or anything extra. Just what I contact them for which is to cuddle and nothing else what so ever.
  • [Deleted User]Mmmavocados (deleted user)
    The website itself says the rate should be $60 - 80/hour, which is the market rate. You shouldn't really get upset for professionals charging that amount if that's what is suggested. Saying they make more than "people with PhDs" may make sense in theory, but again, it's supply and demand. The cuddling pool is quite small in most cities and none of the pros are making a living off cuddling, so it's not equivalent to what a person with a PhD could potentially make at a standard job.  

As for saying a legit massage spa costs less, than by all means, go get a fulfiling, relaxing massage instead. Cuddling is not the same as massage. I dislike professional massages myself but I love cuddling. It's a bond between two people. If customers are acting rude and disrespectful and that seems like a trend, this is the venue for that to be expressed.

Likewise, if you don't like how professionals are behaving, it's fine for you to vent too. However, you are thinking that the same professionals that are complaining are also the same ones who are ignoring their customers and perhaps that's not true? 
    edited January 2017
    @mmmavocados Most clients aren't upset about paying the market price of $60-$80 an hour, the issue that we have are the pros that charge $100 and up and then on top of that, add outrageous travel fees. This isn't all pros that do this but there definitely is a group of girls in LA that do. One girl in LA quoted a friend of mine $100 an hour plus $30 travel fee each way so a simple cuddle session that should be $80 would have turned into $160. How does that make any sense? The girls that do this aren't true lifestyle cuddlers, they are exploiting men using sexuality and it gives a horrible name to cuddling.
  • I'm sorry gang, but I know plenty of massage therapist who have been to school for a good amount of time and pay a lot of money to maintain their professional licenses and certifications. I thought this community was a group of people who have the need to be cuddled and to have interaction with people who don't exploit them, their needs and those who are genuinely concerned about cuddling. Not someone who is looking to profit off of the "needs" of others, as if they qualify.

I had a lady here tell me that she's been working to build her clients (as if she just graduated some cuddle program) but her car is keeping her from doing that. 

I know this isn't the case for everyone, but if you feel like you can sign up in order to interact with a community like this, and then all of a sudden consider yourself a "professional cuddler", just to exploit the needs of others, you should be ashamed of yourself. Some of you have been to the trump school of cuddling...I'm just sayin
  • [Deleted User]Mmmavocados (deleted user)
    Thanks Morpheus for the explanation. I had no idea that was happening. That really does sound frustrating. It seems like LA can be an inflated market and hopefully there are at least some reasonably priced cuddlers in that area!

That said, if those women can get by with those rates then that's what's going to happen. I think "exploiting" men goes a bit far, but I can understand how unfair it must feel. :/
    There's one girl from the group in LA that I referred to above that's offering nude massage/cuddle sessions at $300 an hour. She meets clients on here and then privately away from the site offers them extras not giving cuddle comfort it's fair agreed upon cut. If she's doing that, I'm quite sure the rest in her group are doing the same thing. These are the people that give cuddling a bad name and turn something that should be therapy into nothing more than sex work. 
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    I don't jive on hiring Pros because I feel $$ pollutes the purpose of cuddling for me, but there is a market and I feel the $40-80 price range is legit to charge. If they're charging more it's because they bring an added bonus like being a certified masseuse, because they think they can charge a premium for being attractive, to hopefully weed out creepers who want to touch their boobies on "accident" (even though the same creepers will pay twice as much to touch boobies elsewhere), because they're offering more than cuddling, or because one guy paid the girl $$$ to lay next to her and she got the easy money bug and now she feels other suckers... erm guys... will pay it, too (and they will).

Mostly we can complain all day about it but us, guys, are setting and justifying these rates by hiring and paying girls to cuddle so you can't really be upset at the Pro charging you what they feel they are worth. There's no standard but remember this: Girls created the service but Guys created the market.

As for Pros complaining in public about clients... unless they're exposing a creeper, that's just dumb business. But if guys are being creepers then I encourage all the Pros to list real names and account names so other girls don't have to suffer that nonsense. Keep other girls (pro and non-pro) safe by reporting them. Ultimately it hurts the program as a whole and hurts us normal guys who just want cuddles by letting them continue their creeper ways.
  • I have not tried to sign up as a professional on this site, so I do not know what the site is requiring or suggesting.  If the site is suggesting a rate, then it is falsely biasing the market price for the market on this site.  Also, it depends on where you live (as with all jobs).  LA or NYC would be much higher than most cities and especially small towns.  For true supply and demand, an overarching source, like a website, should not be suggesting price.  The "pros" and clients should be free to negotiate the price starting from scratch.
  • edited January 2017
    We don't suggest a rate but most applicants will ask what is considered normal and therefore we do mention the $80/hr figure in that context.
  • Supply and demand aside, $80 an hour is ridiculous for no training or years of experience.  Very few of us could ever even dream of making that much no matter how much education or experience we have.  The documented average family income in the US, usually both spouses working, was listed at $57,616 annually in September 2016.  This translates to about $28 per hour and again that is the total for both spouses.  What these so-called professional cuddlers are charging is way out of line with reality.  More importantly, it is way beyond the budget's of many of the people who need it most.  So, either reign in the cost or call it what it is - pure GREED!
  • edited January 2017
    I don't have a strong opinion on this either way but I would mention as others have said, you're not going to find many full time professionals here. I think sometimes we compare it to our own jobs but in reality this is more about the occasional gig. That's not an argument against your position but I think it helps a little with perspective.
  • I agree with $80 being a lot compared to the average desk job... but I also have to correct many of you, 

1. Many of us cuddlers ARE trained either formally through massage programs, therapy, spiritual programs etc and some of us even work for companies on top of this site. I work for two other proffesional snuggle companies that book me out for cuddling. Those companies DO actually train all the people they hire. For snuggle salon we have group trainings and cuddle parties all the time.

2. Many of us are informally or non specifically trained such as having experience with customer service etc. for example I've put $1,000s into flight attendant school which has trained me to be patient, have good customer service skills, a friendly attitude and be calm under pressure or stressful and dangerous situations. I also have 5 plus years of working with children which has taught me to be kind, compassionate, very good at maintaining my personal boundaries (which in this business is extremely important and should be a REQUIRED skill).
    Side note,

-I see all too often people on here who claim to be " proffesional" then do a few sessions and complain that the clients touched them or got an erection (which to me is a perfectly natural response and you just gotta change positions) -they say the client made them feel uncomfortable in some way...then on the forums or chats you ask the cuddlers complaining if they talked to the guy in the moment or told the client it wasn't ok when it happened and 8/10 times the "proffesionals" didn't even tell the client it was a problem in the moment. They just "suffer" through it then give them bad karma or complain about it after. The way we can avoid situations like this is by being really comfortable asserting our rules and boundaries DURING sessions and being good at addressing problems in the moment in a friendly, understanding, and confident way. You can't point fingers and blame, that doesn't help change the situation or behavior most people on here have good intentions and I see also in the thread about cuddler proffesionals complaining about clients...this divide really needs to stop and the way that can happen is by having more real proffesionals out there and less "fake" or inexperienced proffesionals watering down the market. On the other side of the coin clients and people who pay for proffesionals need to respect us and respect our rates and proffesionalism. Blanket statements about proffesionals all being a certain way or clients all being gn a certain way has to stop. We both need each other for Cuddlecomfort to continue. Let's not argue or complain about each other, let's communicate with each other and stop pointing blame :) <3
    edited January 2017
    I said earlier in another thread that a pro quoted a friend of mine $100 an hour plus $30  drive time each way so a simple cuddle that should have been $80 turned into $160. How is that fair and how does that make sense? 

Is that greed?

I have another friend who sees a cuddler that charges him $80 an hour. She contacts him directly and by passes cuddle comfort so she doesn't have to pay them their cut. She dropped her prices recently on CC to $60 an hour but still charges my friend $80. Why will she not drop the price for my friend to $60 like everyone else?

Is that greed?

@cuddledingo hit the nail on the head by saying that clients empower these women by paying these inflated prices.

Of course there will always be the ones who offer extras to get a higher rate.

I have no issue with $80 an hour because I do feel cuddlers should be compensated but these women need to be reasonable and several of them are not at all reasonable.

The pro I see the most lives fairly close to me and charges me $50 an hour with no travel fee. That is very reasonable but to pay a total of $160 an hour as in the example above, no way.
  • edited January 2017
    Very confused about the pros complaining about clients and vice versa. Free market. Hire someone else if you don't like them. (Keep in mind $80 an hour is not for 40 hours a week. Drive time, finding clients etc.I doubt anyone is pulling $160k/yr cuddling!) 

Pros, if the client base does not treat you the way you want then find other clients or another job.

As for me, I am an amateur looking for amateurs. Gonna stop reading these threads.
    Massages start at the same hourly rate so it's not a "crazy" rate to ask. It's a service. Therapists offer high rates, too. So if you're getting comfort therapy and maybe a massage then you're saving money by hiring a cuddle pro. 2 for 1! 

I can't justify the cost etc as I've said many times in these forums, but some people can and need it. I don't waste money on massages either unless it's really really needed, I have extra money laying around, or I'm not in Los Angeles where I can get a cheaper massage and not pay the LA premium. Plus I don't see a point of cuddling for anything less than 2 hours. By the time you get comfortable you're paying for an extra hour or ending the session. Like I said, I just can't justify the service for me. You gotta decide if you can justify it for you. If you can't, then don't hire a Pro. Or find a cheaper Pro. It's not like there's a shortage of Pros. The last 3 girls I've talked to that joined this site were Pros within 24 hours and the most recent charges $45/hour.

• Buffyswan,  sounds like you would qualify as professional with all your training and experience.  However, from what I have seen on here, people with your level of expertice or even close are in the minority on this site. 

Mark, the fact that it is just a Gig or PT does not justify the ridiculously high price.  How many men can charge $80/hr for a Gig, or PT even with vast training and experience?  Yet, we have women straight out of high school asking for that and more. 

If they have the training and experience like Buffyswan, then I can see charging maybe double what a normal person can make to cover business expenses or other.  So the high school grads could charge maybe $20/hr and then start going up from there with training and experience.  That's still awful good money, but a way more reasonable starting point!
    I mentioned recently either in this thread or another about a pro who offered me a topless session which is against the rules. She was in here for awhile but her profile is now gone. I also mentioned a girl who was offering nude cuddles for $300, her profile is also now gone. I don't know if they deleted their profile themselves or if cuddle comfort stepped up and banned them. I really hope they were banned because their actions are everything that's wrong with pro therapeutic cuddling.
    @cuddleready I'm not trying to be rude but you don't have to copy and your same comments in multiple threads. We can see them when you post them once.
    Damn, I just thought of a great business model. Anyone savvy with paperwork? :D
  • Not all of us complain about bad experiences. Although I wish there was a forum for the pro cuddles only so we can give each other a private heads up on someone who wasn't a good experience. I don't want to put people on blast in public but sometimes the person thinks it was fantastic but we leave having had an awful experience. 
  • I don't think being able to trash someone behind their back is helpful cause you know someone always screenshots that anyway and shows it to them. :)
    @cuddlepanda9 bad thing about blasting people is different people have different chemistry. I've seen 16 pro cuddlers and have had amazing experiences with most of them and only one not so great experience. The girl I had the not so great experience with, everyone else loved and some guys didn't like some of the girls I had great experiences with. 
  • I agree with @cuddledingo all the way about pricing and about only wanting to cuddle with non pros.  I figure that the person I cuddle with gets as much from cuddling as I do, so why is it that I should be the one to pay?   Yes, I know and understand market pressures, but I don't have to conform to them, because there are amateurs available.
    @Polylover you said that we'll and 100% agree , non pros you know they are out for same thing g as you are....not the $.

it good pro complain and client too , gives each other a insight into each other though process, name and shame isn't a good idea!unless it trival.

• [Deleted User]GoodListener79 (deleted user)
    $80/hr (or more) is fine IMO. Snuggling is far more intimate than massage. For a person to be willing to let a total stranger into their space like that is definitely worth some serious compensation. 
  • Well everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    Friends cuddle often without much effort. But massage is very one sided and generally only the recipient gets anything out of it. Snuggling usually makes both feel good. Both benefit.
    Now if you're really disgusting and can't get anyone to do that with you it makes sense that you need to pay more
    edited January 2017
    @greenerth... lol wow your last sentence is rather full on but true if some feel they want it and willing to pay .