Support for transgender people

Comments

• Everyone deserves hugs,🤗 love 🥰 and acceptance…Pros, enthusiasts… Everyone! Yay! ALM ❤️ All Lives Matter ❤️

• @great_pillow08 Whoaaaa, this is so the opposite of what this thread is about.

@great_pillow08 posted: "what else are they capable of?"

...Capable of dedication to insanely difficult things, when it deeply affects their quality of life?

@great_pillow08 posted: "I'm not sure how/why this is a topic even being discussed."

Because of transphobia...here...on the message board...

@great_pillow08 posted: "your muscle tone and body structure will tell on you to whomever you're cuddling."

No? Trans people undergo excruciating surgeries, years of hormones, and a slew of expensive cosmetic treatments, to address their gender dysphoria. Cross-dressers sans any of that are "passable" all the time, so plenty of trans people can have absolutely no problem with that.

@great_pillow08 posted: "There's literally no point in hiding it."

...The point is they are being who they are. It has nothing to do with hiding anything from you.

~ Sunset Snuggles

🦄 Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited April 25

mutilate their body

The reality is that if you're "trans", your muscle tone and body structure will tell on you to whomever you're cuddling.

See, this is exactly the sort of transphobic microagressions that were previously mentioned in the thread. I don't know if your intention was to be supportive, @great_pillow08 , but you are repeating inaccurate stereotypes that are not supported by science or the lived reality of trans people, and that is extremely harmful. If you're going to speak up about the topic further, please at least educate yourself from actually vetted sources and not repeating things you've heard influencers or celebrities talking about in the media.

• If someone would kindly explain how the following two comments, posted by different Users, months apart from each other, are not stating exactly the same thing.

This comment is currently being attacked as "transphobic"....

But this comment wasn't...

And on a completely different topic...

❤️ All Lives Matter ❤️

I agree with this completely 100%.

But, is this acceptable to say now? Nobody has attacked this comment yet, nor should they, but 3 or 4 years ago, saying "all lives matter" was sacrilegious.

➵ TxTom
    ☣️ toxically positive
    🐄💨 pro-cow farting
    🤓 cuddle nerd

• edited April 26

Companies like Planet Fitness has caused a huge outrage by letting trans people into the women's changing room. Any creep can say they're trans to be allowed in there

• @txtom ❤️ All Lives Matter ❤️

• They have my full support.

• @TxTom ALM is not “ sacrilegious “ … look up the definition., read the OP profile.. I believe ALM .. Everyone is a child of God ❤️ we are ALL created Equal.. Goodnight 🌙

• @SweetCuddler33
    I agree with you: All Lives Matter.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. I was just pointing out that several years ago, a person could get in BIG trouble for expressing the sentiment.

Thank you, and goodnight to you, too!

➵ TxTom
    ☣️ toxically positive
    🐄💨 pro-cow farting
    🤓 cuddle nerd

• edited April 25

@TxTom

I don't see the second quote within this thread...I'm assuming it came from elsewhere? Regardless, there are a lot of women here who feel a personal mission to speak on the dangers of meeting men. I really have never understood their view, or felt the way that they describe. Stereotypically speaking, a lot of men tend to have larger frames than a lot of women, sure...we can read all about the how's and why's of this, but I'm not qualified to speak on it. But does that make me live in fear every time I step out the door? No.

What of the men who are shorter, less muscular, etc.? Those born premature, those who are simply under the average weight for no particular reason, those who had inadequate nutrition in childhood and never reached medically "average" height/size, those with genetic conditions like dwarfism, those from ethnic backgrounds whose height and mass across the board are smaller than other backgrounds? My bone structure or body mass is probably bigger than theirs, but should that make them afraid of me? Of course not.

Size should not equal fear. Individual behavior should. I do not inherently feel in danger meeting men off the internet. I am careful meeting anyone off the internet. Women are predators, too. And people of any size can be perverted, or dangerous.

I don't know if this is at all what you were wanting, Tom, but I tried. To me, the two quotes aren't saying the same thing.

The first quote is indicating a belief that trans people cannot "pass" for their personal gender identify. Many can...hormone replacement therapy is an insanely powerful thing. While something like shoe size or height cannot be changed (well, almost not...I did read about femur lengthening), aspects of muscle tone, body and facial hair, voice, and so much more, can be changed drastically.

The second quote indicates that women are, or should be, afraid of men due to size or strength. I've never felt this way. I do not fear for my safety walking around...anywhere. I've walked alone at midnight through the streets of New York, and while that was certainly ill-advised, I did not feel fear of men.

For what it's worth, my only personal involvement in this matter is a dear friend who is trans. I have much to learn on the subject, and if I say anything in this thread that is incorrect or offensive, it is never my intent, and if anyone who is trans cares to join the conversation and speak for themselves, that would be absolutely appreciated.

@Mike403

A perv could try to bullsh!t their way in, but here is the official policy:

"If a serious concern or significant doubt about the bona fides of a person’s transgender or nonbinary status/identity arises and which the team member can articulate, the team member shall address their concerns with the member. If discussion with the member fails to resolve the serious concern or doubt, the club may ask for external evidence of the member’s asserted gender identity. If it is confirmed that a member is acting in bad faith and improperly asserts a gender identity, they may be asked to leave and their membership may be terminated. "

https://www.planetfitness.com/about-planet-fitness/planet-fitness-policies

~ Sunset Snuggles

• edited April 25

@TxTom "a person could get in BIG trouble for expressing the sentiment."

That's true, bc without getting too political, it was a slogan that was weaponized to silence a group of people that were mourning and angry about the deaths of innocent people at that time . It was how that slogan was used that was deemed controversial: you think YOUR lives matter, pshhh... all lives matter so how ya like that? Then they proceeded to disregard their concerns.

Different context and different meaning in this circumstance imo. Cheers.

• edited April 25

Hooray for threads turning into needless clusterfucks !!

Im not going to try to change anybody's mind because by this point y'all's minds are all made. But don't start trying to derail a thread.that is meant to be positive and supportive just.because.you have an axe to grind and feel a need to be adversarial. Everyone is entitled to their opinion . Doesn't mean I have to give a shit, or that it has any level of importance .

Man, I love.my son and his transgender.boyfriend. I would murder the world to keep them safe .

Also love my poops too. Just had a massive no wiper.

• @pmvines

Not sure who that was directed at (username tags would be super helpful and appreciated), but you are correct that this thread veered off-topic, and I have Spoilered my responses to Tom and Mike, above, accordingly.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• Nox @great_pillow08, trans people are "feared" (only by hateful cowards) because of nonsense like that post. There is no "mutilation" of the body.

I am going to be counting to ten here, because what I want to say is much more strongly worded

• edited April 26

@TxTom @SweetCuddler33

Indeed, All lives matter from what I understand used to be quite controversial (not the statement itself but its connotation), since it was a denial of the Black Lives Matter movement. (Black lives matter had its share of controversy as well, again not talking about the statement itself but the group and how it spent donation dollars).

Also All lives matter being associated with farther right/conservative circles it’s also associated with people who generally don’t support trans people but @SweetCuddler33 doesn't appear to be using it that way

@Mike403

I think the data says that people taking advantage of trans people bathroom rules happens on a very small scale. And there are creeps who pick on their own gender too that are allowed in the bathrooms. most of sexual assaults happen from people we know, not from random strangers, if we want to reduce sexual assaults there are much better places we could put our energy

• OMG!!!! @txtom enough! Go enjoy your day! Do something positive and meaningful with your day!. 😃@txtom stop picking on me for writing something nice that I meant in a good way ! I’m Not erasing what I wrote.. not understanding how my sweet posts bothered you more than what someone wrote about transgender mutilation ??!!! ?? Really?? ❤️ All Transgender Lives Matter ❤️ you like this one? I’m going to get a sign made up to go next to the other one on my front lawn that says ❤️ All Lives Matter ❤️
    Go have a wonderful day !

• So just because i have something to say and it's important I'm going to say look up Victoria Crater..... there is some interesting stuff there.
    Any form a discrimination is stupid and I'm guessing your opinion is too.
    Ladies and gentleman be yourself and don't worry how someone else is being themselves. Live and let the other guy mind their own damn business, and if they are spending too much time thinking about your genitals call the police.

• edited April 26

To the commenter above citing “planet fitness” and creeps, I don’t see your point.

Imagine this thread were about promoting support for people with mobility impairment. And you came here talking about able-bodied people pretending to need a wheelchair just so they could get special parking.

First, that possibility is extremely rare.
    And second, It’s a tangent so loosely connected to the topic at hand that it seems designed to derail the support which this thread was created for.

If you don’t wish to support trans people, please take your comment elsewhere.

• I agree with @TxTom tegarding All Lives Matter. Personally, I won’t use that term.

• @SunsetSnuggles

Thank you for response. I'm still not understanding the different reaction to the same reference, but that's okay. I appreciate your comment, nevertheless.

@Minestrone101 @sunnysideup
    Thank you for both of your responses regarding my inquiry about All Lives Matter. I'm glad the passions have subsided enough where we can say "ALM" without getting attacked ourselves. But it's unfortunate that it stills seems to matter who is saying it, and what is assumed to be inferred by it.

@SweetCuddler33
    As I said already, I agree with your comment All Lives Matter. I would not want you to erase it, and I'm certainly not picking on you. I don't do that.

I will try my best to have a beautiful, positive, and meaningful day. Thank you.

➵ TxTom
    ☣️ toxically positive
    🐄💨 pro-cow farting
    🤓 cuddle nerd

• "Trans women shouldn't be in women's rooms because they might just be creeps looking to assault women."

So they should use the men's room?

"No, trans women shouldn't be in the men's room because they're women."

So where should they go?

"Somewhere else!"

(This doesn't even address cis men who don't even bother with a pretext to assault women in the women's room. Or that trans people in a public restroom just want to use the toilet.)

• edited April 26

@Unscented_Lemon use any restroom you feel comfortable using! 😃 I carry SABRE pepper spray (t’s legal) and my phone ( legal too! 😃 ) to use and dial 911 in case of emergency in any situation.. I hope EVERYONE stays safe 😊 ❤️

• Omg thank you @MonkeyNeedsAHug!! There's wayyyy too much misinformation, microaggressions and even outright transphobia in the world and it's super prevalent online, so having spaces to educate, share, learn and support are incredibly important! 🙌🏻

• @BashfulLoner

You posted: "if they are spending too much time thinking about your genitals call the police."

😄

@TxTom

My pleasure. I process by talking or writing, so I enjoyed meandering through the topic.

@Unscented_Lemon

You posted metaphorically: ""Trans women shouldn't be in women's rooms because they might just be creeps looking to assault women.""

That isn't what @Mike403 was saying; he was saying that straight men could take advantage of the new policy.

On the restroom topic, my boyfriend and I recently happened across a huge, multi-stalled all gender restroom in New York, at a Whole Foods. Initially, I was quite shocked, since I have only seen individual restrooms, this way. It was really fascinating to see both men and women washing their hands at the same sink. It honestly made me smile. (Not a little bit because thank God for social pressure to waaash youuur haaaands. 😆🤢)

One thing of note - this restroom had very tall, very tight stall doors and walls that went clear to the floor. I had absolutely no privacy concerns, while there. I think this makes the biggest difference, because yes, any perv (of any gender) could waltz in and stare through cracks or duck under some of those ridiculously useless walls. I don't even like when little kids do this crap. So for me, the mixed gender bathrooms are totally okay, as long as the privacy of the stalls is upgraded.

~ Sunset Snuggles

• I brought it up because I was reading reports of cis men claiming to be trans and intentionally exposing himself in front of underage girls.

• @Mike403

As a parent of a minor, this is a major concern of mine.

I don't know the answer to this, so I'm only asking:

Is there any empirical evidence of one's claimed identity? Is there a way to know how they truly identify? Or is it just a matter of taking them at their word?

• @SunsetSnuggles It goes right along with "How do we know they're really trans women?" often said by transphobes, especially coupled with "Trans women aren't women."

@Mike403 Trans people shouldn't have to pay for the crimes of cis perverts.

• "How do we know they're really trans women?" often said by transphobes...

Asking questions is not necessarily an indication of -phobia, -ist, or -ism.

Once again, the name calling seems to be all coming from just one side.

➵ TxTom
    ☣️ toxically positive
    🐄💨 pro-cow farting
    🤓 cuddle nerd