Support for transgender people

1235Β»

Comments

• @BrionC Exactly πŸ‘ thank you 😊 πŸ™

• "positivity" that ignores the very real pain and humiliation people face in daily life and on this forum even isn't exactly kind nor supportive. It's paying lip service to what it means to be friendly, positive, supportive, etc. while turning a blind eye and telling people who complain about very real problems to shush. What it is doing is saying that their problems do not matter and so called supporters don't actually care - they just want to look like they do.

If you want only sunshine and positivity, then join groups that are created specifically for that. Curate your time online, just realize that you are not experiencing reality. And stop trying to silence people who have already been silenced too long.

• edited April 26

I hope Everyone has a lovely evening , sleep well 😴 goodnight All πŸ’€ sending virtual platonic Hugs πŸ€— love ❀️ and prayers πŸ™ .. hope that doesn’t offend anyone πŸ˜ƒ I’m an Oncology RN/Hospice Nurse , have to wake up early for work .. πŸ’€ 😴

• I just want to say thank you to the many people showing support here. It means a lot.

• @Unscented_Lemon be YOU πŸ˜ƒ Don’t let anyone tell you that you should change who you are or bring you down to their level just because they are miserable/unhappy with themselves .. miserable people don’t like to see others happy ! πŸ˜ƒ I pray πŸ™ they find peace and happiness 🌈 ❀️ Life is Beautiful 🌞

• edited April 27

@SweetCuddler33 Thanks for being awesome and courageously friendly on the forums! (Also: what a tough job you have! Thanks for your contributions).

@Unscented_Lemon I support you.

• @cuddlefaery Good point, staying positive is all well and good, but it’s important to be aware of what is wrong with society. Ie folks in concentration camps, mistreated workforce, telling someone they shouldn’t exist

• @sunnysideup Absolutely πŸ‘ Staying positive is all well and good And it’s important to be aware of what is wrong with society.. yes πŸ™Œ I choose to be strong, happy and positive that does not mean I haven’t suffered in my life or that I’m ignoring what is going on in the world.. . I choose to smile everyday and I support/respect others .. I do not judge anyone for who they are or who they choose to be .. πŸ˜ƒ my positive attitude is also helpful to my patients .. ( Oncology RN) ❀️

• @Minestrone101 thank you! πŸ™ I appreciate your kind words 😊

• Today the small school where I work was going to have a Queer Book Club and a Drag Story Time. Today the small school where I work has received a bomb threat.

• edited April 27

Oh no! 😟 That is awful , scary.. 😣 are you ok?

• I hope that person or group is found, arrested and put away for a long time ., sorry that you had to experience this ..

• @Unscented_Lemon thats crazy let us know how to call to offer support. I’m sure its some student being an idiot

• @Morpheus "lol this is all normal."

🀣 Indeed.

@supadupa I would imagine it was an unhappy parent.

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• edited April 27

@supadupa it was probably one of the parents of a student.. ignorance, anger issues ..

• I'm not there. I'm away for the weekend. I got the all-clear message a few minutes ago. With the high LGBT population on campus, it's extremely unlikely to be a student. Also pretty unlikely to be a parent. I'll probably get more details when I'm back there.

• @Unscented_Lemon @supadupa @SunsetSnuggles Yeah, I don't care who or how the school is kind of or not really threatened - that's officially a hate crime. People are being threatened based purely on their identity.

I was hit with a hate crime at work during the pandemic purely b/c I was Asian. I was singled out purely b/c of my identity and people's mass hysteria.

People have a right live their lives unhindered - as they say in the US Constitution, they have unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That should be self-evident. If you don't like someone, then leave them alone.

• I went to Thailand, saw the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and then boom...it was like that movie The Crying Game! Maybe at least wear a sticker or button or something to let people know?

• @Minestrone101

...as they say in the US Constitution, they have unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...

That's in The Declaration of Independence, not the U.S. Constitution.

• edited April 27

@TxTom Thanks for the correction. Still true nonetheless. Cheers.

@mannyramirez_ You can choose to desire or not desire certain people, but they don't need your approval or your marginalizing.

This is one of the times when "All Lives Matter" needs to be applied and not just given empty lip service.

• edited April 29

The post from the now-banned person about 3 posts above is one of the most shocking and horrible statements I've ever seen on this forum. Or anywhere.

Thank you once again, the Moderators.

• @CuddleDuncan

Sadly, I've seen much worse, both here, and elsewhere. Humans are degenerates.

~ Sunset Snuggles

πŸ¦„ Enthusiast 🏞 Travel Fiend 🐘 Animal Lover

• @SunsetSnuggles yes, sadly it's "one of" and not simply "the most".

• When I first saw that user, I thought to myself, troll. Every new user I see on the boards whose profile was created this month, has no pic and seems far too savvy and comfortable on these boards, I question. New users generally sit back and observe before jumping in.