A social gathering?

edited January 2017 in General
A hootenanny if you will!
I think sometime this year of 2017(we can all figure out what month is best, and good location for the majority of people that RSVP) we should all gather at a bowling alley or if anyone else has a place for a suggestion? and meet potential Pros/clients and regular cuddlers. Maybe make it a green, red, and yellow color party theme, so we can easily indicate who is willing to pay for cuddles, who is strictly looking for free cuddles, and strictly pros. I think it could be fun to get to know people, in person, and get some social contact back! and of course advertise to people about cuddlecomfort if they haven't heard of it before, it can raise some attention to it.. I was thinking coffee shops and hookah lounges are both good places to advertise this event, as well as word of mouth, and online ads and If enough people off CC came, I'm sure it would be really fun. Thoughts? :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I'm in
  • Sounds like fun! ...and the green/yellow/red color addition to it is a good idea, maybe add blue or purple so you have Pros, those willing to pay, those only looking for free, and those open to free or paying ^_^
    I'd be interesting in coming for this though
  • [Deleted User]deleonaeris (deleted user)
    Im down! 
  • I would like to go too :)
  • I think june or july would be a good month to do this that way people have time to save up if they need to travel, and its time to plan and sort things :D
    Love the idea of adding purple for people that are open to pay or just free cuddle ^-^
  • [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    Sounds good to me. I'm in also
  • [Deleted User]cuddledingo (deleted user)
    It's a great idea. I think regular monthly mixers would be an amazing way for Pros and Non-Pros to meet potential cuddlers in a public environment amongst friends. 
  • [Deleted User]gudrun (deleted user)
    Sounds great! We can have several gatherings,  in big cities, in order to be accessible to as many ppl as possible. Some on the East Coast, some on the West Coast...Personally I would not fly 5 hrs for an event, but I would hop on the train 30-60 min ...Thanks for the great idea!
    Yeah, same. I'd go to a local event but I wouldn't travel. I feel the point is to meet cuddlers in your local area in person. Maybe an annual CC Event for the entire country, but monthly local events would be great.
  • This sounds like a great idea
  • A cuddle convention.  Sounds interesting.  It has me reminicing(sp?) of an old activity they used to have called a BBS user meeting.  Took place mostly at a local pizza hang out or bowling alley.

May want to break it into three groups the first time one for each time zone maybe?  Then after that the ones that attend those could be invitied to a national event.

• it would take a lot of peoples dedication for a national event, but Im so so so in! :)
  • This sounds cool, count me in!
  • [Deleted User]FlowerofLife (deleted user)
    @ Brandi -- are you suggesting the LA area?  Great idea btw;-)
  • Yes, I figured when we got more of a set in stone thing, we can agree on a city. but yeah LA or OC area.
    National conventions would be great annually. Everyone would be at the same hotel so cuddle puddles and easy cuddle access!  I like it.

But who's good at organizing to do a local LA meetup?
  • Well organization isn't that difficult.  It is determining cost logistics that matters most.
    Organization for an event like this would probably consist of
    Transportation (will every buddy be driving or can public transportation such as bus/train be available)
    Lodging
    Food
    Actual Events (cuddling, things to do while your there, etc)
    And then an RSVP system for multiple dates to find out when the most people can attend.  Maybe even trying to determine if group discounts can happen for transportation and lodging through appropriate channels.
    -------
    FIrst step would be a thread created for the event.
    Seems like the logical things. Of course there would also have to be nominations for positions in order to take care of different aspects. :)
    I'm in San Diego area.  I really love the concept Brandi!;-)  I'd like to initiate that down here.  What do you think about using "Meetup" to bring cuddlers, and non-cuddlers together?  Inviting non-cuddlers, who perhaps would like to have an understanding how this works before making the commitment to sign up.
  • I wish there was an event page on here to create! :(
    yeah we can do meetup flower! C:
    I was going to skype with another pro to talk about a few things and i planned on bringing this up too, if youd like to maybe make it a group call? feel free to message me for my skype user and we can gfigure out a day to do this floweroflife! :) But i really want to start this get together :D

• Excellent idea! Would also be a great way to expand the community. Invite a friend or someone who might be interested, but wants to learn more...
    edited January 2017
    I'm about to sign a lease to rent a space to start up my practice in Pacific Beach, which is in San Diego County.  With my lease, I'm allowed to facilitate "one" FREE workshop per month.  I've received clearance to have "Group Cuddle Sessions"!:-)  I'll keep you all posted:-)
  • @JRose great idea for an addition!

@FlowerofLife That would be fantastic! If it became a monthly thing then next visit I'd have to LA I'd try to plan to be there for it :) I'm sure plenty of others that live closer to the LA area would be more than happy to attend
  • So does anyone have any ideas for a meet in LA?  I could probably arrange for a weekend trip.

Questions:
    How many people would have to RSVP to make it worth while?
    Would another City be better?
    Would there be a cost to offset some catering?
    Who would host?
    Public Transportation or cars only?
    What time would it start and when would it finish?
    I am all for a group meet.
  • good questions jeff!
    And flower that sounds dope, I would go to san diago county for a cuddlle party <3 would it be Just the meet up/social gathering and we can exchange info, or should there be a place to go to cuddle after?

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    Depending on where it is in LA I am IN like cinnamon.

A simple social gathering would be stress-free with no pressure. 

But being around like-minded ladies...it'd be tough to turn down a cuddle. :P

Maybe an Anyvite would work to see how many RSVP?
    If @floweroflife puts her thing together, it would be an amazing opportunity for LA clients to meet some of the San Diego pros.
  • Well I am in.  Just need the details 8)  Whos organizing?
  • Dear All, what happened to this idea, I note the last thread was Jan 28th.
    Love John Auckland NZ.
     I know a lot of people responding in this thread are in Los Angeles, but I just posted my event planned for May 6 in Maryland. I've got interest from all over the MID Atlantic areas. 

The following is what I posted on the message board… 

------------

We are all really excited!  Finally, all of the details have been firmed up. 

I've booked a really nice hotel suite with a kitchen. We will have food, a mini seminar on oxytocin and a discussion about consent. 5pm until 8pm. 

SPACE IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 10 TO PAY through my webpage. $30 per person covers the room, cuddle education and food. 

Please bring:  

YOU, ready to cuddle

PILLOW and blanket or yoga mat. We have beds, sofa, chairs but will also be laying out a space on the floor. 

Wear comfortable clothing like yoga pants, shorts or leggings for the ladies. For the guys, gym shorts or track pants (comfortable, just not jeans). You can also bring a change of clothing or PJs. ALL pants must stay on at all times :)

If you would like to bring snacks, beverages or something to share/cook we have real dishes, microwave, stovetop cooking capability and a dishwasher in the suite. 

Firepit on site!  I'm supplying bottled waters and veggies, dips, hummus, chips types of foods and SMORES, but if you have food allergies or want to bring a specific item to share, please feel free! 

When you register and enter your $30 PayPal donation PLEASE remember to include your phone number. I will be sending a text message with the hotel room number at approximately 4:30 PM on the day of the event 

** PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE HOTEL ASKING ABOUT THIS EVENT. IT IS A PRIVATE HOTEL ROOM RENTAL, NOT A BANQUET ROOM. 

I'm  really looking forward to this gathering so the people in the Maryland DC metro area, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey and surrounding areas can meet face-to-face, former genuine in person connections, meet a cuddle buddy!!

*** I have more than a dozen people who have expressed interest already.  If you plan to bring a friend with you please remember to register for each person attending. We have an equal interest of men and women, professional Snuggle Companions and non-professional who will be attending ***
    @Mark I want to be sure because I am a "professional" Cuddle Comfort cuddler, and I want to always follow the rules... depending on how many guests show up to my event, the hotel room itself with tax is $191 and I will be supplying food.

Would I be obligated to pay 15% of any profit above and beyond that? I'm not charging for "cuddling services"  simply hosting  and charging $30 per person to cover the room and food/beverages I'm providing. 

Please let me (and others here) know  what the rules are concerning that for professionals? 

#NotARuleBreaker ;)