Guinness World Record for most people spooning!

Saw this as a thing that will be happening and, while I didn't know if this should go under General or Cuddle Requests, I wanted to share it for anyone who might be interested in joining.

What: Break the Guinness World Record for most people spooning
Where: Texas State Capital (1100 Congress Ave, Austin, Texas 78701, United States)
When: February 18th, 2017 from 11am to 5pm (CST)

Currently the world record is 1,108, but the Facebook event page shows 1,400 listed as going and another 5,800 as "interested". As of today (1/18), the application was approved by Guinness to be there and confirm the outcome. They do say that while the event is listed as 6 hours, most of that will be getting everyone sorted and situated and you'll be cuddling/spooning for about an hour while they count.

Hope to see some cuddlers there! ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/events/609264412580812/?notif_t=plan_edited¬if_id=1484789439144880

Comments

• This is a start for those looking for more events.
  • Awesome! :-)
  • Unfortunately out of state for me.  Hope those that go have a great time.
  • Seems the event has been delayed. The organizers announced an hour ago that the State Capital decided not to allow the event to take place there and every large public venue in the city has declined hosting it as well. They did say that the University of Texas at Austin has completely agreed to host the event though, but the organizers are wanting to get all the details set in stone before announcing the new scheduled date for attempting at breaking the record.
    Thought I'd update anyone that might have been interested in going so they don't show up on the 18th.

• interesting how they would back out last minute on the event knowing that guiness would be there.  That would be some good PR i would think.