Crying while cuddling.

Hey all, on Saturday a friend of mine came over to my house and she cuddled me for the evening and I cried several times because of how desperately I needed that kind of affection. Has anyone else cried from cuddling?

Comments

• Not as of yet. Not above it though. Tears are sometimes needed. Hope it helped. 🤗🤗🤗

• I have cuddled with a couple people who have cried or weeped. I think it’s perfectly natural and probably therapeutic. I love a good cry. 💞

• Oh for sure. I have very deep feelings and sometimes they are overwhelming. Not even necessarily sad tears. I think it’s a totally normal expression of emotion.

• edited March 2022

I always feel so much more emotionally available while cuddling. So I sometimes talk about missing my mother who died and I’ll cry. Which is interesting because I didn’t cry for the first year she was gone.

Honesty, truth and vulnerability just pour out when I cuddle.

If I’m ever arrested in connection with a heist the way the cops should do questioning is by cuddling with me:

After turning down the lights and turning on the essentials oil defuser, Officer Kowalski slowly climbed back in bed and asked to spoon me. I said of course and he got close to my ear and asked in a low, pleasant voice, - his arm wrapped around my chest - where I was on the night of the Met Gala.

• I have cried while cuddling. It has only happened with 2 of the 5 pros I have shared cuddles with. One assured me that I was not the first to cry with her and the other, who was much more surprised by my tears, later told me that I was the first person to cry with her.

In both cases, it was not tears of sadness but rather a deep emotional release. In my job and other relationships, I have always been “the rock” that every else looks to when bad stuff hits the fan. In my former career as a quality manager, one of my employees referred to me as “one emotion” John because no matter how bad things got at work, I was the stable one who kept calm and focused in the midst of our frequent “crises”.

While I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with all the pros I have cuddled with, only two of them made me feel so safe and cared for that I felt I could lay down my “emotional armor” and be completely at peace in their arms. The emotional release when reaching that level of trust and relaxation led to the tears of relief and joy.

• Crying, while often unanticipated does happen and I have had the honor of holding people while they wept and also weeping with and for them if that makes sense.
    Sometimes we don’t know we need exactly that sort of release and yet when we do surrender, when we do allow ourselves the safety and liberty to do that - we realize we had that need. That need could be to be seen, heard, held, supported, cared for, validated, or just to LET GO.
    I’m here for the high energy, non stop play and laughter sessions, the weeping, and everything in between. 💗

• If the crying represents a breakthrough of some sort, I'm jealous, even if the puerile part of me envisions wailing accompanying the tears. Good for you all, who achieve that!

• Yes. It's very common.

• @Nature_Lover_ you are amazing. Great response.

• I've cried in a cuddle session. It was actually planned, because I knew that I needed to experience another human being's acceptance of emotions that had been stuffed when expressing them wasn't safe.

It was a trusted cuddler, and a long session, so that I could move from those emotions to happier ones. There were a couple of songs that I associate with my biggest losses, and she played them for me. When I cried, she simply held me with no judgement.

The result has been profound. I no longer feel like my emotions are somehow weird or wrong.

• I've cried from loss and longing. Usually in fits-of-emotion. I used to have shame of feelings or fighting it. The trust I've built with my regular person has allowed me to feel pretty neutral about just allowing it. It feels pretty cathartic.

• @JoyfulHeart that is a brave and wonderful thing. That’s awesome that you knew you needed that and honestly it’s daring that you executed this plan to get more connected to your emotions.

Your feelings are always valid. All of them. Always.

• I would be so honored if someone felt comfortable enough with me to cry.

• @Syins Big thanks and I had missed your addition to this thread before, you are a riot, lol!

• I hope you feel better I don’t see anything wrong at all with having to cry we all had or ups and downs

• Yes, I have been with a woman that cried while we cuddled. She was very depressed and alone and while we cuddled I also told her many positive things about her that many people surely see. Physical + mental touch can coexist in a session to bring great levels of joy to someone that needs comfort. And, I really love to bring that joy to people.

• They usually cry when the door opens on their arrival.

• @RaveHeart THANK YOU for posting this thread and for the thoughtfulness of the question. Welcome to the site!!!

Omgosh... @FunCartel hardi har har. 😂😂😂 28 beautiful karma seem to say otherwise!!!! I think enthusiasts should have the ability to add something like "REPEAT ENTHUSIAST" just balance out your ridiculous self-deprecating commentary. hahhaha

As far as crying whilst cuddling in the arms of someone who has acceptance and openness, vulnerability and a desire for authentic relating..... I fell like this is an absolutely amazing part of the cuddling experience. About 6 years ago I gave myself permission to cry. All those years of "be strong and don't let them see you cry" led to an extreme amount of backed up tear ducts. Being WILLING to let yourself cry is the first step I think.... Then you're not as surprised by your tears.... they are welcomed! (for me at least!) You don't even have to analyze all of it, the why.... the what.... You can just let that shit go!

I do feel that there are big emotions released when you have someone who accepts you exactly where you are. Not everyone has the ability to appreciate or hold space for someone in that regard, but those who do are to be commended. There is so much good stuff happening on here!! Its so fun to see the good that is being shared instead of all the yucky threads! Thank you for this!

@Syins I laughed so hard about the arrest in the heist and the ensuing questioning IN BED hahahha

I was researching the health benefits about crying and came across this... So interesting!!!

Some cities in Japan now have "crying clubs" called rui-katsu (meaning, literally, "tear-seeking"), where people come together to indulge in good old-fashioned sobfests. The premise? Crying releases stress, and is therefore is a great practice when it comes to staying mentally healthy.

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/article/3097767/crying-clubs-show-laughter-isnt-always-best-medicine

HUGS AND TEARS sometimes it’s exactly what a body needs.

• I made a whole instagram carousel on the subject

• I cry a lot after.. when the lonlynes sets back in and from being reminded of what im missing. Sometimes off an on for days before I can fully settle my emotions.

• I don’t think there’s a day that goes by that I don’t cry. Not sure if that’s good but mostly happy heartwarming tears. Just reading peoples comments on some of these threads make me cry. I had a young man that I cuddled we laughed and cried the whole time. And he said he hardly ever cries. I think people that need the extra affection or more likely the ones to cry because they feel the love from someone. I’m so glad that you have a friend like that @RaveHeart AKA
    Brave❤️ Thank you for sharing
    One time I was getting a pedicure and the man that was taking care of my feet was so lovingly caring for them that I cried the whole time. I felt so loved by a stranger who didn’t know me but was caring for my feet.
    That’s why it’s so important to have the right agenda on the cuddle site because there’s so many people that really need pure loving cuddles

• There was one time I was having a total breakdown and I asked the person I was going to be cuddling with if it was okay to show up in such a state or if he'd rather reschedule. While on my way over he'd cooked me dinner, then held me while I sobbed myself to sleep and all through the night. In the morning he brought me coffee and made breakfast.
    Another time this same being came over with dinner after I'd had a horrible meet with someone else. The tears subsided and we had one of the best cuddles ever!
    Having someone you can be yourself and be vulnerable with, and have them maintain a safe and respectful container for you, while offering nurturing comfort and care, is truly a gift.
    I'm in a much better place now, but still tears have unexpectedly shown up with various people. I just allow them and sometimes might say something like, 'ooh, my emotions are leaking...' or 'yay, your snuggles are leeching the hurts out of my heart...' and we'll just keep cuddling through it.

• @quixotic_life Wow I’m so glad for your experience. What a gem that person is. Just having a person present with love is like a cuddle itself💛