A snuggler on here stole $40 from me

I am a professional and had a session set up with Andy2017 and I rented the space for us to use and confirmed with him that it was booked. Then the day of our session and 15 minutes before it started he cancels on me. I told him if he's not going to pay for my time (I could've gotten another client to take that time slot if he had canceled With more notice) that he at least needs to pay for he rental space of $40 so that I'm not in the hole because of him. And he keeps telling me that he doesn't want to and it's not fair forg to pay for the space and that he isn't gonna pay for it just cause he canceled with 15 minutes notice and refuses to pay me for the time and space. ($140 total) Then he blocks me via text and on here so I can't rate him one star and warn other proffesional cuddlers. It's truly disgusting human behavior, I am nothing but a good snuggler and if you look at my karma you can see that. I do not deserve to be treated this way. It is not ok. It really makes me want to just drop the practice all together if clients are gonna be so rude, disrespectful of my time, and basically be *taking* money from me. 

I also want all all cuddlers who come in contact with him to ignore him if you can. What he did is not ok and we can not have people in our community like that if we want it to thrive and if we want to foster trust between proffesionals and clients and cuddlers to cuddlers (regardless of if you're proffesional or not everyone on here should feel respected and not have to worry that they are going to be cheated) 

Comments

• edited January 2017
    @mark. Maybe blocking a user shouldn't prevent them from leaving karma? @buffyswan sorry to hear about your experience. I think most of the people on this site are respectful, but if you really want to protect yourself from first time clients flaking, have them pay up front with a service like PayPal. I know some pros are already doing this.
  • Wow what a jerk. That is really terrible behavior. How can he say it's not fair. If he's the one cancelling last minute he should be paying for the space at a minimum
  • [Deleted User]thecigarclub (deleted user)
    @buffyswan can you please provide is with documented proof that all of this happened or should we all just blackball this gentleman based on your statement alone?
  • I haven't met a pro that books the rooms themselves. I would have preferred that to be honest, but here, the client is the one that rents the room. 
    Looks like his account has been deleted. 
  • All it takes is for one bad experience to make you consider leaving the cuddling community. I'm very sorry to hear such a thing happened to you @buffyswan and yes, he is at fault for cancelling so near the agreed upon time.

I am curious, I've only thought of cuddling either where the Pro or client are at or going to a public place, but not of renting a place. How early in advance would he have needed to cancel for you to be able to get your money back for renting space to cuddle?.. or would you not have been able to regardless of how much advance notice?
    If given enough notice that you would be able to get the $40 back, I could suggest that you let future new clients know that if they cancel a certain amount of time before or after the session is supposed to begin and you rented space that you will charge for that $40 fee. Maybe word it differently, but that's a horrible thing that not only are you out money and couldn't book someone else to make up the time and money, but that they blocked you and left the site. I'm glad they left though as that wasn't acceptable to do to anyone, much less a Pro.

When I make a trip to come up to the San Francisco area, I'd love to book a cuddle session with you! I'm curious what this place is that you rent out to cuddle at ^_^
  • No different than when someone books a massage at a spa or whatever and then doesn't show. Some take a charge card number at the time of appointment and then charge a cancellation fee if the appointment is not cancelled within 24 hours of the appointment, Others take the hit.Either way, it should be part of your expressed policies on your profile.
  • edited January 2017
    That's really disappointing and the fact the user has removed their account indicates guilt on their part.

I'm currently finalising a brief for a transaction system here. Part of that will allow for cancellations limited to 24 hours before an appointment which would have hopefully avoided this.
  • I have an FAQ that I send to all new clients and in my FAQ it lists my cancelation policies as such, and when he canceled I just copied and pasted the policy.... and he blocked me.

here Is the text I sent him:

For cancellations with less than 24 hour notice:

I am so sorry that we won't be getting to do the session today, I was really looking forward to cuddling with you and I hope we can reschedule sometime soon! However, here is my policy for last minute client cancellations. 

-If canceling with less than 8 hours notice we ask that you pay the full fee for the session. (as that doesn't not give me adequate enough time to call a client off the waitlist and have them come during that time)  

-If you are canceling with less than 24 hours notice you don't have to pay full session price, but you must pay rental fee of $40 per hour for the space. This is because, When booking a session with me I ask you to pay $20 of that directly and the other $20 comes from my snuggle fee (so we are renting the space 50/50) This is because when we confirm the appointment I pay them in advance and they don't allow canceling with under 24 hours notice.

For your snuggle session since you are canceling (insert number her  ) hours before the appointment the total of that amount of your cancelation fees would be ( insert number here)

To pay theses cancel fees you can PayPal them to (my paypal info)

Please text me after you do so and feel free to call or text if you have any questions. I am sorry we couldn't meet today, but I look forward to cuddling with you on the future!  

• Do clients get anything if you cancel last minute ?
    Often I will juggle my schedule around so I am free for a session and when a snuggler cancels last minute there's no time to find someone else ..Worse is when someone doesn't show up at all and you drive to where you're meeting them and get stood up.
  • Buffyswan'a policy is fine, but it is hard to collect after the fact. If there are upfront expenses such as room rental, requiring a credit card number when the appointment is made is not unreasonable. Same thing is required if you want a guarantee that a room isn't given away if you arrive late to a hotel..Now, if the professional cancels, it's up to the professional to offer something if he/she wants future business.Better to have policies in place rather than complain about it later

• [Deleted User]chococuddles (deleted user)
    The Smuggling Snuggler.

If I ever become a Pro Wrestler that's my name.

OH NO!  It's the Smuggle Snuggle Hold!

New World Champ.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    I think that was done on purpose and planned 
  • [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    @chococuddles This is meant as a compliment but you could definitely be the 4th member of the new day. I already feel the power of positivity.
    We really needed @choco back
    I have a question. How does the snuggler owe you $140? In the thread entitled, "How much do you charge," you state that you charge $80. If the rental space was $40 and you charge $80 that comes out to $120. If he owes you $140, what's that extra $20 for? Maybe he saw that thread and thought, wait a minute, why is she charging me $20 more than everybody else and that's why he canceled? That would sure make me feel bad to know that you were charging me more than charge everybody else. I would like to ask all clients to watch this pros pricing.
  • She said he owes her $40, not $140
    Once, I have no idea what the hell I was doing and I shorted a pro, I think it was $5. I always leave the money on my coffee table and most pros don't want to make it weird so they don't count it in front of me. She text me later and told me, I felt bad cause she was awesome and the session was awesome. She lives a couple hours away from me but happen to be in town. I will make it up to her eventually. She understood though and knew it was an accident.
  • The cigar club, he paid the extra $20 for more time. 
  • Well I mena he didn't pay, but if he had, 

ps I haven't been getting payment ahead of time cause the few times I tried that clients and men were weird about having me know their real name and worried about strange charges on the account. People get really anxious about cuddling when it's their first time sometimes. 
    @docgatorb re-read good sir, she clearly says a total of $140
    I have an idea, seeing as the culprit is gone. How about the princess sets up a gofundme account and we all pitch in to get you your $40 back. I'll personally pitch in a 5er to get the ball rolling. Nothing in the world like a good cause to make you feel good.
    I think there's some confusion about her price. I've always said, I like the truth to be spoken. Sounds like she does charge $80 and then $20 extra for the room and she pays $20 so she actually walks away with a net of $60. That's how I read it.
    edited January 2017
    gofund me ? haha that Def no!.4 that's a joke right @thecigarclub? I what pro charge I sure she recope her lose. Jey!!! I wish I learned $60p/h minimum for a onehours work when I was aged 21!!! EASY without breaking a sweat !!!! sitting or lying down
    edited January 2017
    here an idea buffy swan , if client is keen .. you make them pay for the room to cuddle that way yourself is not short.on money just time. If Client is keen he will book the room and ask him to show you some kind of hotel receipt hereby you know it's.legit....if he still cancels you will only loose your time and maybe travel costs! and tbh buffswan not sound like a real di#ck nore do I defend the guy but what u pros charge by hour ..after a few session I Def know you not out of pocket really 80$ is more than enough after few session to cover you loses incurred.

Furthermore I love to know why the pro is the one that arranges the room to hire, is this for her own satefy ? Secondly I love to know and would question what room this is for $40 p/h!!! ,OMG PER HOUR!! i sorry but this room better be lined with duck feather buffy for a room charge that per hour!!! BY London standards ( rip off)$40 can get you an emtire room ie bed /sofafor a full night/day yet your only providing a hour at the rate! @buffyswan I REALLY(I deadly seriouse) love to know what room this is to just cuddle that charge so much per hour and not a entire day! i go back to my first comment as in let client pay for room ie receipt of payment they are serious...I sorry but @buffyswan but this mistake by both parties ..guy canceling and you not using common sense . There is a word in England we use 'piss take' , starting to sound like one. Not.to put you off whole cuddle thing but ' you can't have your cake and eat it ' . I Hope your not put off and learnt from your mistake for future.
  • edited January 2017
    @brains4 This is your one and only warning. Stop with your constant passive-aggressive attacks and baiting on this forum. I know you have a strong anti-pro agenda but please keep it respectful and contained in those relevant topics.

I'm fully aware of your account history but decided to give you a chance.

edited January 2017
    I not am not pro in general , just recommendation she can either take it on board or not. I just voicing the truth , what others are probably thinking but wouldnt take say it.

Mark @ the end the day do what you got to do or what you think you 'feel' is appropriate. Bear in you need to address the double standards on here if you gonna administrate site, this is Internet it's gonna happen , people need to less sensative ..it was neither passive or agreessive ...it was a obvious observation and somewhat a flaw in her process .....I sure she can take it or leave it .
  • The place I rent to cuddle is a space created specifically for cuddling, it Is a room with a giant comfy bed, tons of pillows, special music, a small kitchen with tea. It is owned by a woman who runs cuddle parties and her own proffesional cuddle buisness. She is in other rooms at all times so I feel safe there and the space is perfect for cuddling and only 5 minutes from my home. It's $40 an hour cause she knows I do sessions there and she knows cuddlers charge high. I figure $20!from client and $20 from my cut isn't so bad though.
    I Def in the wrong job! wowsers maybe I should do that ,let comfy rooms by the hour
  • [Deleted User]Spoonie (deleted user)
    A little pricy but still better than renting a room for the day. I wish there was something like that in Los Angeles.