A snuggler on here stole $40 from me

Comments

• [Deleted User]GoodListener79 (deleted user)
    edited January 2017
    I can attest that the space is incredible. And it's in downtown SF. I didn't get think twice about the price. 

Sorry to hear about your experience @buffyswan. It's kind of you to try and be accommodating, especially for first timers, but for people who will need your services in the future, you'll have to take care of yourself and your business first. 
  • [Deleted User]Kai_kudls (deleted user)
    If you have copies of communication with them, agreeing to pay, you could probably take this case to a collection agency.

I don't know if that would be difficult to do but it is what our libraries do when people don't return books and if they still don't pay it will be a big ding on their credit score / report. 

It's an option.

• I am sorry this happened @buffyswan . You wete hosed over for sure. Since you are a regular, maybe the room host will cut you a break on the $40. 

I can imagine all sorts of things that could have caused this person's apparent cold feet, but it is bs he did not at least reimburse you.  What did cuddle comfort say when you complained? Can they do anything besides ban people?

I see you are local. Good luck. A lot of people in this area are so out of touch  what you are doing is badly needed.

I guess start requiring people to pay a deposit and if it doesn't arrive before refundable canceling cut off time for whatever place you've reserved, you cancel the appointment. 
  • @ponies I do too. I visit La and see clients gamer often and I sometimes have to turn away buisness cause I don't have an hourly space down there... :(
  • [Deleted User]thecigarclub (deleted user)
    I know clients that have had pros cancel on them for no reason and were never offered anything to make up for their inconvenience. That's just bad business. That's the problem here is you have girls working as independent contractors many of who have no idea what it means to be a professional. In the above mentioned situations, the clients never came forth throwing temper tantrums and blasting those pros on the message boards. This should have been taken to mark and the admins would have handled it. Professional cuddlers, please be just that, professional. This is your business and your brand, do yourselves a favor and act ethically, with integrity and do things the right way.
  • @mark andy2017 texted me to tell me he created a new account so that I couldn't rate him 1 star and so that he couldn't be kicked off. I can't believe how manipulative this man is :(
    Will the artist formerly known as @andy2017 please message me.
  • This is Andy. I just had to re-create my account (5 mins
    back) to share my side of story. I could read the forum even not being a member
    for sometime.

First lets start with some facts :

(1) Session
    was booked for 1 (one) hour ($120 for service + $20 room fee) total $140

(2) I
    was never informed during booking that there was a cancellation or reschedule
    fee. She sent me several times over text after the fact.

(3) I
    contacted the professional 2 hours before appointment time by texts to request
    to reschedule due to an emergency at work, but she never responded back until
    15 mins before session stating that she can’t reschedule unless I pay full
    $140.

(4) I
    let her know that its not fair for charging me full, and she started accusing
    me of stealing money (really ????)

(5) I
    thought $140 was too much for no session, and considering the fact I only asked to reschedule

(6) I
    had to block her as she was calling me several times at work and I had to focus
    back at work

(7) Today
    I offered to pay her $40 (what she mentioned as total room fee ) for room fee,
    but she is still accusing me of stealing the rest ???

(8) I
    removed my profile because this was my very first cuddle appointment and I had
    this rude and horrible experience, so I decided to stay away.

(9) I
    am again going to get rid of my profile again as this forum doesn’t protect me
    as a client, and I had unfortunate experience.

I am still planning to send $40 even after being harassed
    and insulted by calling me awful person who stole money ?? And get done with this exp.

• [Deleted User]masterofcuddle (deleted user)
    Sorry to hear that Andy. It's good to hear both sides of the story. She should be entitled to the 40 dollars back but no way the full 140. Things come up sometimes beyond our control. I wouldn't let this stop you because there are some really good women on this site.
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. It was extremely unprofessional and childish of her to slander your name here on the message boards. This should have been taken to the admins who could have handled it privately. It also sounds like she's also been dishonest about her pricing. I encourage clients to please take caution.
  • [Deleted User]Unknown (deleted user)
    edited January 2017
    respect Andy ..can't say I blame you for wanting off site , I sure guys are in half mind as well to leave seeing as pro and client are airing out dirty laudry. I came on this site with good intention's for it to be as says on tin but it not case! 99.9 % of women on here joining within 24 hours turn 'pro' for that easy $.

BLIMEY $120!! I pray that includes 20 to 40$ in travel time (crosses finger)
  • I agree it should not have been handled this way by someone claiming to be a professional. Props to you for posting here.
  • edited January 2017
    @brains4 The overwhelming majority of female members joining are non-pros. Pros are required to have a photo which is why it appears otherwise. Let's try and avoid 'alternative facts' here.
  • [Deleted User]Alternis (deleted user)
    edited January 2017
    This is why every pro should list their prices on their profile. Pro makes it sound like shes charging 80 an hour and the client says its 120 an hour since the other 20 goes to the room.

If what the other guy said is all true I wouldn't pay a cent. Theres apps to block numbers and since he's done with the site he doesn't have to worry about what other cuddlers think about him.

Just like clients need to respect their cuddlers boundaries, cuddlers need to respect their clients. A 20 dollar deposit for cases like OP doesn't sound unreasonable and if it did for a client it's not like there is a shortage of cuddlers on the site lol
    Agreed with quite a few of the guys. This shouldn't have been blasted on the boards. It ends up making the client look really bad and makes the pro look like she isn't trustworthy. This is a business where most of the clients and pros want discretion. I wouldn't want to see a pro if I felt she may talk about my personal business publicly. Ultimately no one other than Buffy and Andy know what really happened so it's tough to really have an opinion as to what really happened. Still though, I do feel this should have been handled way differently. Just like the situation that went down with a pro and client recently that was all over the message boards.
  • The thing is. When clients cancel last minute. It makes sense they lose a deposit etc. But what about snugglers who cancel last minute ?
    I've rented rooms and if a snuggler cancels last minute then what. I will be out that money.
    The courteous thing to do for a pro who canceled on a client would be for the pro offer the client a discount on a future session. I think that is a very reasonable request. 
  • 1. It's $80 for an hour and $120 for a swimsuit (sometimes clients do sessions in hot tubs etc) he was doing a swimsuit session so you all need to calm down about my lying about prices. My rates have always been $80 an hour and $20 of that goes to space rental anyhow.
    2.The room is $40 an hour. $20 from him and $20 from me.

3.   I would have never "slandered" your name on the message boards if You hadn't deleted your profile like a shameful guilty coward because YOU KNEW I would leave You negative karma.  You are not the first person to stiff me with the room fee and cancel last minute. You are just the first one to try to blame it on me (which you did via text), then block me to avoid having to fess up to your shameful actions. -if someone treats me bad on here I just rate them 1 karma point and explain why to warn future proffesionals and the community. You clearly are guilty and at fault because you delete your profile to avoid that. As you can see I have tons of positive reviews because I am nothing but nice and fair to my clients.  

You can not blame me for he room fee. You can always cuddle with someone else who has less conservative roommates. Mine do not allow me to do cuddle sessions in our shared home... and you knew the situation when booking. I have Avery clear FAQ for anyone who asks. 

After you canceled I asked you to pay for YOUR room that I booked for you since you canceled with not enough notice and you said "that's your fault you pay for it" and you blocked me. It is not my fault for booking the room. We can't cuddle outside in this weather. I told you ahead of time the room was booked. I had to separately confirm with the woman who runs the space. And when it was confirmed I told you it was confirmed and paid. 

- (And by the way our appointment was in the morning so if you try to cancel at 9:30am (on the website -which I only go on one time a day) and I'm not awake until 10:30am, hop in the shower and I then see a text from you 15 minutes before the appointment saying "did You get my message on the site?" - that is not canceling two hours before. I am not logged in to this website 24/7.  I don't expect people are gonna cancel last minute and if they do they should text me and not write it in a message on the site. Either way 2 hours before is not ever enough to get another client or cancel the space.

Also he has not offered to nor has he paid me back at all for the cuddle space or my time. (Most proffesionals like masseuse or therapists ask people pay for a session if someone cancels with less than 24 hours notice) 

All of you are really dissapointing me. I feel like nobody appreciates proffesionals on here. I thought this was a community of kind people but I've had two different clients scam me out of money. I open my heart and arms and people just crap on you. 
  • Bottom line. If people respect karma (a very important tool for our community) and allow people to use it (which I do for every session I have) there is no need to "blast" anyone on the boards. But if people are obviously guilty and manipulative and running from that useful tool by constantly deleting and creating new accounts...that's NOT ok. 
  • Karma is in place for a reason and with people just stealing money, running, and creating new profiles to hide it makes this community unsafe and dishonest. :(
  • @buffyswan Since everyone is expressing an opinion, some heated, I'll toss in my two bits I realize that professionals are encouraged to keep communication through this site so that it can be monitored, but it doesn't make sense to me to not exchange phone numbers before meeting. Cancellations, getting lost and such can easily be resolved faster and better through a phone call. Accusing someone of stealing when they cancel is not appropriate behavior. Life happens and collecting a deposit in advance is not an unreasonable thing to do when you are putting out money for a room. Although that may make some clients uncomfortable, it's part of the deal. Now, can we all play nice and find a way to do business without sounding like we're having a scuffle in the street?
    I agree with @docgatorb There is a misconception that some pros have. They think that they can't give their numbers to clients which is not true. There is no where in the contract where it states they can't give their numbers to clients. It really would have made things so much easier in this case. 

The client also didn't steal from you, he cancelled. Think about it this way, let's say a clients had an appointment at massage envy and cancels at the last minute. How would it look if massage envy publicly claimed that a client stole from them and asked all other massage therapists to avoid this client? They would look horrible if they did that. They just take their loss and move on.

There are actually very few pro cuddlers that even post on the message boards.
  • How quick you are to both jump to that, and I agree we need to all work together, however I DID GIVE HIM MY NUMBER. I give all my clients my number AFTER the appointment is confirmed on the site. THAT is the rule.

Mark asks that we do that so he can see all the session info and know how much we are charging and when it is etc to get his fair $$$$ cut, but after it has been made I always share my number in my confirmation message in case of things like this, I always have. My goodness! How quick you both are to jump to it being "the pros fault" you're further proving my point that this site has become really unfriendly to pros (see other thread) 
    Buffy, we are not jumping to conclusions and blaming all pros. I personally am telling you that you can handle this better. You aren't being professional. There are two pros consistently on the message boards complaining and one of them is you. The majority of pros are handling their business like professionals and you should follow suit. 
  • If someone's bad for the community i usually rate them 1 karma and move on, if they are constantly cheating the system and running from the tools on this site put in place to help others and actually taking money from cuddlers. We have to ban together and make sure that kind of behavior doesn't happen. You may not personally like me but the fact that one crappy customer was gonna make me quit had a lot of people upset. You can't have awful people pushing out the good people. A community is supposed to protect each other.  Hiding from mark and karma makes this community unsafe and dishonest
  • And by the way, because of my forum post and experience mark updated the agreement on the site to include a cancellation policy. So it actually did a ton of good and now helps protect all future Cuddlers. :)
    edited January 2017
    omg I agree brandI and buffyswan are two pros that nag on here than get on with it and won't do you any favours as you will be attacked/challenged ... but good we get a insight into each other mindset.

Now I feel both parties are to blame and thought Mark closed this topic with him compensating buffy.If the stories add up and evidence there then no worries .

I will add morphus has a point , pros would have bitten bulleted and moved on by now .

FYI as mentioned a lot as good idea ..Buffy I feel if you had detailed list on your profile of your charges you wouldnt have had people questioning your story/charges I.e the $120 instead of $80...just lay it out people.
    I just noticed that @mark updated the agreement regarding cancellations and he did it the right way. I feel that although there were a lot of heated discussions, this is a win win that protects both cuddlers and clients. Thank you for this Mark. Very nice work.
    Several of the guys on the site have come to me privately and said they feel that the cancellation policy is heavily in favor of the pro because it states that if a pro cancels, the amount of the discount is to her choosing whereas it states if a clients cancels, he owes half the session and full amount of the rental fee for the room. I do think it's heavily in favor of the pro but it's also progress and we are happy with progress. We do feel though that if a client rents a room and the pro cancels, she should be responsible for the cost of that room as well as half a future session should be free. Progress is great but we also feel equality is important
  • I think that the cancellation policy assumes that if there a tangible loss, such as a room rental, that this loss will only happen to the professional although a room rental can be set up and paid by either party. I would favor a policy that compensates either party if there is tangible loss, where tangible loss is defined as an expense incurred and agreed upon before the session, not simply the loss of potential income. The policy also states that the fee for a session should be collected before the session and this gives the client little recourse if the session is not satisfactory and basically gives no guarantee of the quality of the service. This is what it is and I don't think that there is any agreement other than proper hygiene in terms of what to expect. There seems to be little consensus among the professionals as to what the session should include, although 'extras' are used by some professionals to distinguish their services. Maybe professionals should try to establish such standards now that they have their own forum or not. Good luck to everyone trying to work all of this out.